Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shane_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 600367 ft
United Kingdom

Hey all

Firstly this was not the type of post i was want to post on here 1st

so i have a dji mini 2 that just drop out the sky can any one shed some light on this and has any body eles had this same iusse ?

Issue Description: Motor Error Waring . Max Power Load Waring ( Please see image of flight date ) Resulted in drone dropping out The sky at 64 meters, Damage the Drone

Screenshot (5).png

Accident / Malfunctioning events Started flying after checking every thing was clear ( pre flight checks ) let the drone hoover after take of for a short period all seem ok no issues. Started to ascend the drone got to around 70meter high after about 40 second and had a MOTOR ERROR WARNING – as soon this pop up I Start to descend right away , shortly after around 68 meter drone went in to landing mode , I stop this by tapping the up arrow , and then carry on descending same happen at around 66meter drone went in to landing mode and again stop this in the same way. This landing mode happen around about 4 time with in a very short period cancelling every time. Carrying on descend the drone seem very slow and not very respone at this point, check signal,gps,battery, sat lock ect all seem perfect. Shortly after the drone start to descend then a MAX POWER LOAD WARNING come up and a split second later the drone stops and drop out the sky landing just in front of me on the hard carpark floor and smash after 1 min 5 second total flight time.

Video from the dji app link below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wchDcDOaIno9pC_X8cF9x8foqkEvwo47/view?usp=sharing

Flight Environment And Conditions I set up in a carpark just of a moor land in  UK . car pack was clean and dry hard standing. Conditions was dry , cold, very little to no wind a little overcast but still very good visibility.with the sun poking thought the clouds.

Before the Accident Drone was in perfect condition completing 41 flight before with no issue, propellers all in Perfect condition. Drone firmware and App all up to date. Camera Perfect , Battery Perfect The whole lot Only 13 days old .

How Dji have Deal with the iusse. ( not very happy at the moment)
so i phone dji here in the uk on the day of the accident was told to fill in the online repair requset form done that print the right doc of and sat waiting from a postage label on the 3rd day i check my dji account has heard nothing, my case was show up as accepted so i phone again to double check , the guy on the phone said he cant see my case number ? and suggested i create one more , so head over to the online requset and started making a new case , but before finish i thought i try the online custom serivce chat and see if there can see my case .  the dji online chat said the same thing and could not find my case , so i created a new one with them waiting on the online chat, finished the new case pass all the new number other to be told he create one for me ? so i now have 3 case number and still no postage label???? try dji on the phone agian today but was unable to get to talk to any one ????

Any one eles had the same iusse ??? or like to hear your thought on the flight info. i have dji care but I believe this to be a malfunction of the drone motor or the esc after doing some research?

i hope dji sort this but my faith and confidence is really short

Thanks
shane     
2021-1-12
Use props
shane_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Something else i have noticed is the total flight time drops fast ?? battery full ? then drop to 90% fast is that normal? ( watch video )   
2021-1-12
Use props
Learts Drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153182 ft

Brazil

is it that one of the helices at 44 seconds was not damaged?
2021-1-12
Use props
shane_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Learts Drones Posted at 1-12 13:48
is it that one of the helices at 44 seconds was not damaged?

44 sec in i had a motor error ?  no damage to the drone at this point. ( damaged happen when it hit the floor )
2021-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there shane. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened and this unfortunate event happened before. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to analyze and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2021-1-12
Use props
shane_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 20:25
Hello there shane. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened and this unfortunate event happened before. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to analyze and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Hi Steph

I've been chasing dji for the last week now. Still waiting on delivery note / label .  Going to try again today ringing them
2021-1-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

shane_ Posted at 1-13 00:26
Hi Steph

I've been chasing dji for the last week now. Still waiting on delivery note / label .  Going to try again today ringing them

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, as per check, there is only one case number under your DJI account, the shipping lable has been sent to your email, please check your inbox or junk folders to see if you have received it or not. Please keep me updated, thanks.
2021-1-13
Use props
shane_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-13 04:53
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, as per check, there is only one case number under your DJI account, the shipping lable has been sent to your email, please check your inbox or junk folders to see if you have received it or not. Please keep me updated, thanks.

Hi Stephen

Thank you for doing this yes all received just now and item been drop of at 4pm today for shipping. Yes other case have now been closed by the looks of it and use just one case number now .

Finger crossed dji can fix or find the course of this happen  

Thank you I will keep this updated for the out come as may help other users
2021-1-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Shane,

Sorry for your loss. If you like to get some help upload your flightlog
using this link >  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

If drone goes into landing mode while flying high than probably the bottom sensor does measure height, incorrect height. But log will tell more.

cheers
JJB
2021-1-13
Use props
shane_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 1-13 06:12
Hi Shane,

Sorry for your loss. If you like to get some help upload your flightlog

Thanks JJB

I have checked flight data on other sites / apps here there error and data collected if that help but no mention on sensor failure that I can see ?  Add a screen shot

Thank
Shane
Screenshot (5)~2.png
2021-1-13
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12885007 ft
United Kingdom

This sounds very odd.

I think you will be fine . DJI support has been good (personally  experienced it ).

This sounds like a warranty issue to me but Hope you have DJI refresh.

I think the battery usage looks normal to me. it looks like something to do with motors. very strange.

(ON further thinking. was the battery properly locked in and the door closed ? ) I read somewhere similar thing and the conversation was around the battery becoming dislodged.
2021-1-13
Use props
shane_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks dukes of drone

I sure hope so I love this drone in the very short time of having it.  And found it to be some much better then other makes and model I had in the pass.

Yes I do have dji refresh  but I not wanted to use this I feel it's a malfunction of the drone over pilot error.

I have seen some other dji mini 2 user had the some issue ( on YouTube) and  feedback from dji  and YouTuber was great the drone replacement under the warranty.

So fingers crossed

Yes battery seated correctly
2021-1-13
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12885007 ft
United Kingdom

shane_ Posted at 1-13 06:29
Thanks dukes of drone

I sure hope so I love this drone in the very short time of having it.  And found it to be some much better then other makes and model I had in the pass.

I think you will be fine.

I crashed mine.(They said it was my fault . I accepted it reluctantly as i was flying it in a risky way)

Sent my drone back and within 10 days I had the brand new drone back.

Make sure to send them the battery as well so they replace the battery too. (in case the battery was faulty).

The new refresh drone I have now is really doing well (touch wood).

You just going to have to wait around 10 days and then you will have the replacement I think.
2021-1-13
Use props
shane_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DukeofDrones Posted at 1-13 06:36
I think you will be fine.

I crashed mine.(They said it was my fault . I accepted it reluctantly as i was flying it in a risky way)

Thank pal

The battery is damaged and was told not to send back due to shipping and customs.

Check out the link in the post you'll see see my flight data from DJI fly app with a little video . I literally went up had a error and then started to come back down on way down had max power load error ? And ESC error then drop
2021-1-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

shane_ Posted at 1-13 06:19
Thanks JJB

I have checked flight data on other sites / apps here there error and data collected if that help but no mention on sensor failure that I can see ?  Add a screen shot

Hiya,

better to upload your flightlog, i cannot do anything with a screenshot.

cheers
JJB
2021-1-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

shane_ Posted at 1-13 04:59
Hi Stephen

Thank you for doing this yes all received just now and item been drop of at 4pm today for shipping. Yes other case have now been closed by the looks of it and use just one case number now .

Hi there shane_. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. .
2021-1-14
Use props
djiuser_RAg4SYxrs76z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1322 ft
United Kingdom

shane_ Posted at 1-13 06:53
Thank pal

The battery is damaged and was told not to send back due to shipping and customs.

Do let us know how it goes. Good luck.
2021-1-15
Use props
djiuser_RAg4SYxrs76z
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank pal

2021-1-15
Use props
djiuser_RAg4SYxrs76z
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank pal

2021-1-15
Use props
djiuser_RAg4SYxrs76z
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank pal

Do let us know what the outcome is.
2021-1-15
Use props
shane_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_RAg4SYxrs76z Posted at 1-15 02:02
Do let us know what the outcome is.

I will do thank you
2021-1-15
Use props
Adrian_here
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Do let us know what the final outcome is.
2021-1-15
Use props
Adrian_here
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2021-1-15
Use props
shane_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Adrian_here Posted at 1-15 02:26

Sure will drone is currently in shipping  
2021-1-15
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Sorry for your lost.
2021-1-15
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 110184 ft
United Kingdom

I see your in the UK and I have had the motor warning issue also a few days in another post I replied to, It was -1 with freezing fog above which resulted in the same motor error as yours but I landed as I was only about 10-15 ft high and once landed there was a thin layer of ice under the props, If I continued and was at a higher altitude it would have done the same as yours I am certain.

2021-1-17
Use props
shane_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 1-17 00:47
I see your in the UK and I have had the motor warning issue also a few days in another post I replied to, It was -1 with freezing fog above which resulted in the same motor error as yours but I landed as I was only about 10-15 ft high and once landed there was a thin layer of ice under the props, If I continued and was at a higher altitude it would have done the same as yours I am certain.

Yes I have read that fog ect can do similar.  check out a guy call seanozz on YouTube to I believe he just recently experienced this but he in a very cold country uses drones most days in the snow and heavy winds
2021-1-17
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

shane_ Posted at 1-17 01:58
Yes I have read that fog ect can do similar.  check out a guy call seanozz on YouTube to I believe he just recently experienced this but he in a very cold country uses drones most days in the snow and heavy winds

Yeah I started to follow him on YouTube recently, Have you had your replacement yet?

I've not had issues and have been using it the last couple of days without any issues now since it's warmed up a little bit.
2021-1-17
Use props
shane_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 1-17 10:14
Yeah I started to follow him on YouTube recently, Have you had your replacement yet?

I've not had issues and have been using it the last couple of days without any issues now since it's warmed up a little bit.

No replacement yet it's currently in shipment to dji was told it may be at less 10days before I hear anything.

Is you search YouTube you'll find a couple that I've had the same problem as me one of them in Sydney on a perfectly good day no wind or nothing and good temperatures his just drop in to the sea as well lost drone . He did comment on his video and put statement from DJI that shows a iusse on one of the motors causing it to drop out of the air DJI replace his drone  , so fingers crossed
2021-1-17
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

shane_ Posted at 1-17 10:28
No replacement yet it's currently in shipment to dji was told it may be at less 10days before I hear anything.

Is you search YouTube you'll find a couple that I've had the same problem as me one of them in Sydney on a perfectly good day no wind or nothing and good temperatures his just drop in to the sea as well lost drone . He did comment on his video and put statement from DJI that shows a iusse on one of the motors causing it to drop out of the air DJI replace his drone  , so fingers crossed

Hopefully it's get sorted, I have heard of a few cases now, It doesn't help really when I have heard from previous users on some previous DJI drones they have been told to ignore the error as it maybe just because of being in sport mode but if that's the case either way it shouldn't do it.

If it's designed that way then it should perform that way without any motor errors.

Hope you get it sorted mate.
2021-1-17
Use props
shane_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 1-17 10:49
Hopefully it's get sorted, I have heard of a few cases now, It doesn't help really when I have heard from previous users on some previous DJI drones they have been told to ignore the error as it maybe just because of being in sport mode but if that's the case either way it shouldn't do it.

If it's designed that way then it should perform that way without any motor errors.

Yes no at the time drone was in normal model and I only when straight up and back down again twice as fast
2021-1-17
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

shane_ Posted at 1-17 11:07
Yes no at the time drone was in normal model and I only when straight up and back down again twice as fast

Yeah that's not right at all, I'm sure they will sort you out.
2021-1-17
Use props
shane_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Quick update as I have had many members message me asking on the case.

Dji have only just recently received the drone due to very poor service from ups.
Dji have emailed me saying a data and damage analysation is taken place please allow up to 5 working days.

So fingers crossed after this I should have some answers and a new drone on its was to me
2021-1-28
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

shane_ Posted at 1-28 01:47
Quick update as I have had many members message me asking on the case.

Dji have only just recently received the drone due to very poor service from ups.

Hi, UK pilot also, following your case with interest.  I’m also curious to see if you or any other UK resident will get stung for duties due to Brexit when the replacement Mini is sent back to you!
2021-1-28
Use props
shane_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

TDZHDTV Posted at 1-28 03:03
Hi, UK pilot also, following your case with interest.  I’m also curious to see if you or any other UK resident will get stung for duties due to Brexit when the replacement Mini is sent back to you!

I have heard of this from a couple people but mostly in the very early days of brexit and on different products ( mostly apple items)  but I'm sure will keep this case update to date as I have a lot of member following now .
2021-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules