Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
slow sport mode
4974 7 2021-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikey H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44144 ft
United Kingdom

what sort of mph are people getting out there mini 2? since day 1 mine doesnt seem to be much faster in sport mode compared to N mode. ive since checked the speeds and the max ive seen is 26.82 mph with the wind and usually around 25mph. in N mode its around 22mph. i have previously owned a spark and was expecting mini 2 to be around same speed in sport around 34-35 mph
2021-1-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try launching in Normal Mode and switching to Sport Mode after launching.
That will fix your issue.
2021-1-14
Use props
Dga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217064 ft
France

Go the same issue and switching to another mode and then switching again to sportmode,fix this issue.
2021-1-14
Use props
Mikey H
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ive done that. ive never launched in sport mode also switched a couple of times mid flight. it also shows on the fly app its gone into sport mode so there's not a problem with the rc switching modes
2021-1-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mikey H Posted at 1-14 04:22
ive done that. ive never launched in sport mode also switched a couple of times mid flight. it also shows on thei fly app its gone into sport mode so there's not a problem with the rc switching modes

If you've done a firmware update, you probably have to enable multiple flight modes again.
2021-1-14
Use props
Mikey H
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 1-14 04:23
If you've done a firmware update, you probably have to enable multiple flight modes again.

i will double check when i get home. didn't think that would reset it or if it did you would get a notification come up on screen when trying to enter sport mode. looking at the logs it says its switched between the modes but speed is only around 2-3 mph difference
2021-1-14
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try lowering the vertical camera/gimbal angle. I noticed the exact same thing and did not understand why it could not meet the maximum speed specs. Thanks to replies from other members here, it turns out that the speed is limited if you have the camera aimed level (0 degrees). It will even change speed while flying when you adjust the angle. The increased maximum pitch of the Mini 2 exceeds the camera's upward pitch control range, so you have to either limit the speed/pitch or aim the camera lower initially.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=232386

2021-1-14
Use props
Mikey H
lvl.1
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 1-14 14:54
Try lowering the vertical camera/gimbal angle. I noticed the exact same thing and did not understand why it could not meet the maximum speed specs. Thanks to replies from other members here, it turns out that the speed is limited if you have the camera aimed level (0 degrees). It will even change speed while flying when you adjust the angle. The increased maximum pitch of the Mini 2 exceeds the camera's upward pitch control range, so you have to either limit the speed/pitch or aim the camera lower initially.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=232386

will try this out today. i see someone else posted about trying that on youtube
2021-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules