DJI Mini 2 “Recenter Gimbal” Fn button does nothing.
5664 9 2021-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
themagicroom
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I bought a DJI Mini 2 last month. I love it. One issue I can not seem to figure out is that when I've my Fn button (single press) set to "Recenter Gimbal"-- I imagine it is supposed to bring the gimbal back (from looking down) to the 0° position? So, if I'm looking down and the gimbal is at -40° and I press the Fn button to "Recenter Gimbal" the gimbal stays at -40° and I don't notice anything happening. I assumed it is supposed to bring me back to 0° but it does not. Am I missing something or is this a potential problem with my Mini 2? If I choose a different function for the Fn single press button (like the new "AE Lock/unlock"), the function works. I have the latest firmware and DJI app on the latest iOS. I am hoping I'm missing something and it's not an issue with my new little buddy. Please advise. Thanks!

Aircraft firmware: 1.02.0100
App version: 1.2.2
iOS: 14.3
2021-1-17
Use props
themagicroom
lvl.1
United States

Update: Auto recalibration of gimbal in DJI app settings seems to have fixed my issue. Hope this helps others with same issue.
2021-1-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks for the tip,   Im getting one next month.
2021-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there themagicroom. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you were able to solve the said issue and for sharing these information as well. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2021-1-20
Use props
djiuser_jMM6k8x50PcK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft
United Kingdom

themagicroom Posted at 1-17 12:53
Update: Auto recalibration of gimbal in DJI app settings seems to have fixed my issue. Hope this helps others with same issue.

I got my mini 2 yesterday and have the exact same issue on my first flight. I’ll try recalibration later when I get her out again.
2021-3-3
Use props
CDRowe
lvl.1

United States

I am also a new user and ran across this thread yesterday.

Recalibrating the gimble did not work for me, but I went in and reversed the options for the function button ... single tap opens live map, double tap re-centers gimble.. and that worked! Both the single and double tap function fine now, just reversed from factory default. No idea why, but it did work for me.

Hope that helps someone else.
2021-3-4
Use props
Jayherenow
lvl.1
United States

I still have not been able to get my Fn button to work with the Recenter gimbal option.   Am I correct in that "Recenter gimbal" means putting the gimbal to face straight down (-90 degrees) or does it mean the gimbal should return to facing straight ahead (0 degrees)?
Thanks
2022-1-11
Use props
Jayherenow
lvl.1
United States

Jayherenow Posted at 1-11 08:59
I still have not been able to get my Fn button to work with the Recenter gimbal option.   Am I correct in that "Recenter gimbal" means putting the gimbal to face straight down (-90 degrees) or does it mean the gimbal should return to facing straight ahead (0 degrees)?
Thanks

Update: The calibrate gimbal worked for me. Now a double tap of the Fn button recenters the gimbal. Which means -90°
2022-1-12
Use props
djiuser_biNgLeKCQ5NO
New

Canada

Thanks.  Same problem.  That worked.  Had to auto calibrate twice, but after the second time it was fixed.
2022-1-13
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Jayherenow Posted at 1-12 03:41
Update: The calibrate gimbal worked for me. Now a double tap of the Fn button recenters the gimbal. Which means -90°

I've been troubleshooting this exact issue - while there is no apparent issue with the gimbal, I will try recalibrating to see if it resolves the fn button recentering feature - currently pressing the fn button when set to that option does nothing for me.

One thing - is the "recentered" position (after pressing the fn button) really -90' ?  I'd expect 0' straight ahead view...  Looking down seems like an odd choice - but switching between 0' & 90' seems like it would be useful.
2022-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules