Flight Simulator "Wish" list
1407 21 2015-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Outlander0088
lvl.3

United States

Let me preface this is wish list and in no way do I expect in reality. However, the forum is a place to dicuss all topics with the Inspire 1 so I thought I would start this thread.

So, I was playing around with the simulator today and found I really like it.  That is for the first 15 minutes, after that it gets a little boring.  So here is my wish list, let me know your thoughts. Again, this isn't intended to push DJI to implement. I belive we all know that is slim to no chance in hell.

• Terrain: How about different terrain, locations, obstacles? Maybe even pick a place on Google maps to fly around. Speaking of Google maps...Let us make the maps full screen in the simulator.
  • Camera: Why allow recording the acutal camera view in a simulator?  The first time I tried this I took 9 minutes of video of my couch.
  • Camera Google Maps: Use views from Google Earth/Maps and feed it to the Camera view in the Simulator.
  • FPV use the Camera view just like when you are acutally flying.

Just a few of my "wish" list items.  What's on your wish list?

Outlander0088

2015-7-5
Use props
peter.psilver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

That's a good idea.
2015-7-6
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah, we have been asking on the forum for more things in the simulator since February.
As you rightly say, it gets a little boring after a while and you need something like structures or buildings to navigate around to practice flying in close proximity whilst boosting the wind level, just to make it interesting.
2015-7-7
Use props
Outlander0088
lvl.3

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-7-8 01:53
Yeah, we have been asking on the forum for more things in the simulator since February.
As you righ ...

Today its raining in Ohio... Perfect day to use the simulator and fly around some mountains, or over a river or ocean.  
We can dream!!
2015-7-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Good ideas. I will see about pushing this up the chain of command.
2015-7-7
Use props
Outlander0088
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-8 06:53

Thank you Dave
2015-7-7
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-8 06:53

Dave,

If you can push to the Technical guys it would be great.  Perhaps if we could also have options for intermittent wind gusts whilst flying next to building or structures to make it more real..

Cheers.
2015-7-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

The wind gust is definitely a good idea and it's true it would make it very realistic.
2015-7-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Sure thing.
2015-7-8
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And maybe push the chain of command for us Android users to get a sniff of the sim....
as we are still waiting in the wings for something that was promised 7 months ago,,,,,,,

Regards
Mike.
2015-7-8
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

What about us people that use Android we don't have simulator will be haven't had it
2015-7-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Grimtheviking Posted at 2015-7-9 03:23
And maybe push the chain of command for us Android users to get a sniff of the sim....
as we are sti ...

I will do what I can.

I agree it is taking too long!
2015-7-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-7-9 03:30
What about us people that use Android we don't have simulator will be haven't had it

I will do what I can.
2015-7-8
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-9 07:40
I will do what I can.

Appreciate that thank you very much.
2015-7-8
Use props
Outlander0088
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-9 07:40
I will do what I can.

Dave,
Another area to mention concerning Android is when viewing a Flight Record in the User Center. The telemetry information such as height, speed, battery, etc. is missing.  The IOS version has it but not the Android version . Also the ability to include the stick movment on screen.

Outlander0088

2015-07-09 02.37.27.png
2015-7-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Outlander0088 Posted at 2015-7-9 14:44
Dave,
Another area to mention concerning Android is when viewing a Flight Record in the User Center ...

Ok thanks, I will bring this up at our next meeting. I use Apple so I did not know. Thanks for pointing this out. I would guess that the other guys on the team that are using Android are aware of this but I will check with them.
2015-7-9
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Sorry for the skepticism Dave...But I doubt that we will hear back from DJI on this issue...For DJI Silence is Golden...  
2015-7-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Wildcat Willie Posted at 2015-7-10 23:32
Sorry for the skepticism Dave...But I doubt that we will hear back from DJI on this issue...For DJI  ...

Thats ok I understand. I am just one guy, and I am trying to make a difference.

These are some lofty goals for this "wish list" and I have no idea how much time our software guys are allowed to dedicate to the free flight simulator that came with the DJI pilot app.

All I can do is make sure the right people hear the request the guys here are making.
2015-7-10
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Thanks for trying Dave...It is appreciated and thanks for responding...However, DJI needs to Stop making promises they either cannot keep or are unwilling to keep...
2015-7-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I can totally sympathize with what you're saying. I have been a DJI  customer a lot longer than I have been a DJI  employee.
2015-7-11
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-9 07:39
I will do what I can.

I agree it is taking too long!

Appreciate it, thank you.
2015-7-14