Compass indicator DJI Fly 1.22 not working.
659 16 2021-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 110184 ft
United Kingdom

The compass indicator does not even appear on my One Plus 8 Pro (Android) in v1.22

It works in 1.21 is this noted down for a fix?

It's nothing to do with the phone or the compass in the phone or location access it simply does not work in 1.22 but it works fine in 1.21.
2021-1-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its moved to the bottom left hand corner with the 1.22 update.
2021-1-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-1-21
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Is that Android or IOS?

It doesn't work in Android the new Atti indicator and they have completely broken the normal indicator for Android in 1.22

Update yeah I see it's IOS the issue is it is completely broken on Android now it worked fine with 1.21 so now I have the latest firmware and have to use the latest software to compliment the the new features except it's broken.

There is a reason this app is not on the Google play store so they should have stipulated to people on Android not to update the firmware until they have released an official app for Android.

Are there any issues using 1.21 with the latest firmware?

From my understanding this shouldn't be done.
2021-1-21
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 1-21 01:38
Is that Android or IOS?

It doesn't work in Android the new Atti indicator and they have completely broken the normal indicator for Android in 1.22

must be specific to your type of phone then. It works fine on my android samsung s20 fe on android 11.
You can try remove the app and install it again or use an older version from the google app store. Some features and bug fixes made in the last firmware in conjunction with the fly 1.2.2 app, might not available.
2021-1-21
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 1-21 04:46
must be specific to your type of phone then. It works fine on my android samsung s20 fe on android 11.
You can try remove the app and install it again or use an older version from the google app store. Some features and bug fixes made in the last firmware in conjunction with the fly 1.2.2 app, might not available.

Cheers, I eventually managed to fix it by uninstalling the app both previous versions 1.21 and 1.22 and then just installing 1.22 from the DJI website that is still not available on the play store.

I don't why the app isn't on the play store because the previous version is and it's been how many weeks now since 1.22.
2021-1-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The compass indicator moved to the bottom left hand corner with the 1.22 update.  It functions properly on my Android device (Samsung Galaxy S10+, Android 10 OS, Snapdragon Processor).  Hope you get your issues sorted out soon.  

Numerous posters have asked why the Fly App 1.2.2 is not in the Google store but is only downloadable from DJI directly and to date no Moderators have responded, or at least I haven't seen a response.  I actually PM'd two Moderators and neither responded to that question.
2021-1-21
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 1-21 01:38
Is that Android or IOS?

It's working fine on my S20+ and my S9 no issues.  
2021-1-21
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-21 07:54
The compass indicator moved to the bottom left hand corner with the 1.22 update.  It functions properly on my Android device (Samsung Galaxy S10+, Android 10 OS, Snapdragon Processor).  Hope you get your issues sorted out soon.  

Numerous posters have asked why the Fly App 1.2.2 is not in the Google store but is only downloadable from DJI directly and to date no Moderators have responded, or at least I haven't seen a response.  I actually PM'd two Moderators and neither responded to that question.

There was an answer somewhere that suggested a change in process for reviewing apps and updates with Google and a backlog.  But that was some time ago now
2021-1-21
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Andy Uk Posted at 1-21 07:55
It's working fine on my S20+ and my S9 no issues.

Yeah I got it working now I had to uninstall 1.21 and 1.22 update then just installed 1.22 it's working now.
2021-1-21
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-21 07:54
The compass indicator moved to the bottom left hand corner with the 1.22 update.  It functions properly on my Android device (Samsung Galaxy S10+, Android 10 OS, Snapdragon Processor).  Hope you get your issues sorted out soon.  

Numerous posters have asked why the Fly App 1.2.2 is not in the Google store but is only downloadable from DJI directly and to date no Moderators have responded, or at least I haven't seen a response.  I actually PM'd two Moderators and neither responded to that question.

I haven't seen a response or not recently at least, How are people supposed to know.
2021-1-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 1-21 07:58
I haven't seen a response or not recently at least, How are people supposed to know.

Only way to know when App update comes out is somebody posts it here on the forum or you can check the downloads section of DJI website.  Maybe DJI will get their issues straightened out with the Google Play Store but it has been 2 months since DJI posted an update there.
2021-1-22
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-22 04:06
Only way to know when App update comes out is somebody posts it here on the forum or you can check the downloads section of DJI website.  Maybe DJI will get their issues straightened out with the Google Play Store but it has been 2 months since DJI posted an update there.

Cheers thanks, I'm only just getting started with drones and DJI have issues with the Google play store already.

They've obviously got issues with Google probably the same issues as Huawei..

To be honest when Android has over 85% market share you'd think DJI would pull their finger out unless they want to alienate most of their customers.
2021-1-22
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 1-21 07:52
Cheers, I eventually managed to fix it by uninstalling the app both previous versions 1.21 and 1.22 and then just installing 1.22 from the DJI website that is still not available on the play store.

I don't why the app isn't on the play store because the previous version is and it's been how many weeks now since 1.22.

Good that you got it installed !

I don't know exactly what is going on. DJI removed links to the Google Play store on it's website.
2021-1-22
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 1-22 07:12
Good that you got it installed !

I don't know exactly what is going on. DJI removed links to the Google Play store on it's website.

Yeah thanks I did finally without any help from support.

I have a feeling it's probably something similar to Hwawei and their shannigans with Google.

I didn't actually know DJI collaborated with Apple and maybe that's something to do with it after all 2 companies against each other.

Bit if a daft move on DJI's part in my opinion if now Apple have a say what goes and what doesn't, Rather silly when the Android market holds over 85% of users since the beginning of 2020.

And also explains why Apple software is delivered before Android.

Not to be a skeptical but depending on what power Apple have this could be bad news for DJI in the future.
2021-1-22
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 1-22 09:54
Yeah thanks I did finally without any help from support.

I have a feeling it's probably something similar to Hwawei and their shannigans with Google.

I hope your wrong. I am not an apple fanboy. Using pc and android gsm's. Apple technology is not bad, just to expensive if you see the other alternatives and they are too possessive. No much options for installing or change hardware components in their systems or even repairs by other than their own centers.

I hope there always will still be the option of an alternative.
2021-1-22
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 1-22 17:41
I hope your wrong. I am not an apple fanboy. Using pc and android gsm's. Apple technology is not bad, just to expensive if you see the other alternatives and they are too possessive. No much options for installing or change hardware components in their systems or even repairs by other than their own centers.

I hope there always will still be the option of an alternative.
I did a bit of research and apperently didn't Apple stores get exclusive 1st sales from a particular model of drone in the last 2 or 3 years, I could be mistaken but I am sure that's what I read.

It is too expensive for what it is and most of all restrictive.

I'm using PC and Android here too since the last 25 years (Pc side) and both are unique, Pretty much both are are open source so you are getting something different and unique whichever manufacturer you choose.

I am no business expert but the rate Android has taken over the last 4 or 5 years or so just makes common sense to me.

Will be interesting to see what happens with DJI and Google in the coming weeks.

2021-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules