on 100m battery disconnected the power - crash
1129 12 2021-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martinflashgordon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 619587 ft
Poland

Today on 100m height battery disconnected the power to my drode - crashed completly.
The battery power was about 90%. There was no wind, no rain. I do not know what happend.
Suddenly there was information on controller "Aircraft disconected" 1 seconds later it run into the ground.
Drone was almost standing still like on the video.
Is there any chance to get warranty in this situation? Power down should never happen.
I own drone for about 3 years. How long is warranty?
See my video

2021-1-25
Use props
delfin2003
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170869 ft
United States

Can't see it clearly from the video, but I think you battery contacts look melted. Probably wasn't inserted all the way in.
2021-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there martinflashgordon. I am sorry to read and to know know what happened to your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and for the trouble this has caused. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We have a team that will do there best to check what happened to the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-1-25
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

delfin2003 Posted at 1-25 15:08
Can't see it clearly from the video, but I think you battery contacts look melted. Probably wasn't inserted all the way in.

I'd tend to agree. Notice how it was hanging out and then just fell out when he picked it up. Even crashing into the ground shouldn't knock the battery loose. All three of my batteries take a bit of work to get them out.
2021-1-25
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

if you take off with a battery temperature below 20º ...... this is the cause
2021-1-25
Use props
martinflashgordon
lvl.2
Poland

JetSam Posted at 1-25 22:44
if you take off with a battery temperature below 20º ...... this is the cause

It was 5 degrees over zero. Is it made to fly only in the summer?
2021-1-26
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

martinflashgordon Posted at 1-26 02:35
It was 5 degrees over zero. Is it made to fly only in the summer?

batteries must be preheated in winter before flying

2021-1-26
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

2021-1-26
Use props
martinflashgordon
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-25 19:44
Hello there martinflashgordon. I am sorry to read and to know know what happened to your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and for the trouble this has caused. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We have a team that will do there best to check what happened to the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Hello Stephen.
Thanks for your answer.
I own this drone for 3 years. Warrany is over (probably)
Repair will be too expensive. After 100 m fall everything is crashed.
My wife will not allow me to buy a new one.
My flight is over.
Thanks
Marcin
2021-1-26
Use props
martinflashgordon
lvl.2
Poland

JetSam Posted at 1-26 02:53
batteries must be preheated in winter before flying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u_1b0E6ELA

They were.
2021-1-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

This has happened numerous times.  Send your flight log to dji.  Sometimes they make it right and sometimes they don't.
2021-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

martinflashgordon Posted at 1-26 05:03
Hello Stephen.
Thanks for your answer.
I own this drone for 3 years. Warrany is over (probably)

Hi there Marcin. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. I am sorry to know more about this matter. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you.
2021-1-26
Use props
martinflashgordon
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 21:52
Hi there Marcin. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. I am sorry to know more about this matter. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you.

I was just wondering if I can send to DJI only my flight log file to get the certain answer about rthe reason?
To be sure if the baterry was failure up there.
2021-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules