1511 5 2021-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rockliffebtconnect.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 442743 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As a pro photographer and film maker all my career, I have valued the ability to shoot RAW files in stills mode and be able to reduce settings to allow a flat image in video. I have recently bought the Mini 2 for some specific work when the I2 is OTT. However, I was surprised to discover that there is no setting whatsoever to allow me to reduce contrast, saturation and sharpness in the app. While I understand this is primarily a consumer drone, it nevertheless stands tall alongside it's peers in it's ability to provide excellent image capture. However, not having the ability to reduce settings in the app, is a massive disappointment. Trying to correct images that are too contrasty is undesirable and almost impossible to do properly. I understand the need for the drone to be kept simple to use to stay true to it's origins, but rather than a series of options for each of the three parameters, eg, contrast, saturation and sharpness, perhaps it would be possible to add a simple one click option that offers a flat image by reducing the three settings to -3? I'm sure this would be of massive value to your customers who have headaches trying to get the best image they can from the drone.
2021-1-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Indeed, this is nr 1 on my 'wishlist' for the Mini2
It almost looks like they degraded the output on purpose to make it look worse than the more expensive drones, that's how bad the default color profile is.

Next would be a different stick responsive profile, so small movements won't result in big changes!
2021-1-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a bit of a workaround that some people are doing,  this explains it -
2021-1-29
Use props
rockliffebtconnect.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-29 01:56
There is a bit of a workaround that some people are doing,  this explains it -

Hiya,  thanks for the link, appreciated. However, I fail to see how it's possible to get a true LOG file from an already compressed Mp4. It can reduce the contrast in the same was as you can in the edit. Also, the image ends up being manipluated twice, once during the LOG conversion, and then again during the final grade, each time manipulating an already compressed file. When creating a true LOG capture the camera records and processes the file as it is being created, not once it has been compressed. I guess an example would be trying to create a raw file from a JPEG. But hey, what do I know, I just don't see how it's possible. I'm happy to be corrected.
2021-1-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rockliffebtconnect.com Posted at 1-29 02:53
Hiya,  thanks for the link, appreciated. However, I fail to see how it's possible to get a true LOG file from an already compressed Mp4. It can reduce the contrast in the same was as you can in the edit. Also, the image ends up being manipluated twice, once during the LOG conversion, and then again during the final grade, each time manipulating an already compressed file. When creating a true LOG capture the camera records and processes the file as it is being created, not once it has been compressed. I guess an example would be trying to create a raw file from a JPEG. But hey, what do I know, I just don't see how it's possible.  I'm happy to be corrected.

Its not true log,  just a little trick to push the footage a bit further than normal.   
2021-1-29
Use props
rockliffebtconnect.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-29 03:32
Its not true log,  just a little trick to push the footage a bit further than normal.

Sure......
2021-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules