Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Ronin RavenEye Firmware Released (28/01/2021)
18059 28 2021-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2021.01.28
  • RavenEye Firmware: v01.02.00.20
  • DJI Ronin App iOS: v1.4.6
  • DJI Ronin App Android: v1.4.6

What's New:
  • Added support to use ActiveTrack in portrait when used with DJI R Vertical Camera Mount and DJI RS 2.
  • Fixed issue: gimbal motor failed to stabilize when using manual lens on Z CAM.
  • Fixed occasional issue: failed to take a photo when using Olympus EM1II.

Notes:
  • Make sure that the DJI Ronin app is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Update the firmware for the DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the RavenEye via Wi-Fi. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System during the update process.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart DJI RS 2 and retry.

2021-1-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2021-1-28
Use props
Indio
Captain
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

if you operate the focus control in force mobile mode,
the connection is briefly interrupted and force mobile switches off : -(
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 1-28 00:40
Thanks for the info!

Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2021-1-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 19:56
Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again thank you for your support and please stay safe always.

Thanks. You too!
2021-1-28
Use props
Rumple
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3402 ft
Philippines

Is this update up? Using the latest Ronin app but the option to update isn't appearing.

My RavenEye's firmware is 01.01.00.10
2021-1-29
Use props
RUD_fr
Second Officer
France

Rumple Posted at 1-29 23:35
Is this update up? Using the latest Ronin app but the option to update isn't appearing.

My RavenEye's firmware is 01.01.00.10

Hi, same here have same problem raveneye doesn't update
2021-1-30
Use props
RUD_fr
Second Officer
France

Other thing, after update we can't anymore charge in same time rs2 and raven eye in standbye mode because now there is deep sleep who sotps recharging raveneye.....
2021-1-30
Use props
Rumple
lvl.1
Philippines

RUD_fr Posted at 1-30 10:30
Other thing, after update we can't anymore charge in same time rs2 and raven eye in standbye mode because now there is deep sleep who sotps recharging raveneye.....

You were able to update to the latest firmware? If so, can you pls share what you did for the update to appear?
2021-1-31
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do you update the Raveneye?

It doesn't give any option to update it.  It's on version 1.  I've tried everything.

RS2 updates no problem.
2021-2-1
Use props
Martinlee94
lvl.1
Malaysia

Seems like everyone having the problem of update the Raveneye i hope the admin or any moderator can come and see this issue and fix it as soon as possible
2021-2-1
Use props
Rumple
lvl.1
Philippines

I sure hope they could shed some light on this one
2021-2-2
Use props
RUD_fr
Second Officer
France

DJI support ask me to send back my ravenyey for réparation but it looks like i'm not alone with this problem. So i will wait a litle to see if they are loking this page.
2021-2-2
Use props
Yves B
New
France

Hi, I'm french so please excuse my english if not clear enough.
Just purchased Ronin RS2 + raveneye. Installation and connection without prblem : all is operational including Image to Smartphne transmission and green LED on Raveneye
It lasted two minutes BUT :
Then invited to update firmware on both Gimbal and Raveneye : "successfully completed on both"
THEN : NO MORE IMAGE VISIBLE on my smartphone (via raveneye) after these updates.
(Camera Canon 6D)
Keeping all connected and activated, I've performed two tests:
1) replace HDMI connection     Canon6D => Raveneye     by     Ext source (my video Cam) => Raveneye : IMAGE VISIBLE on the smartphone vis app
2) Replace HDMI connection    Canon 6D => Raveneye    by  Canon 6D => External Monitor: output operational

My conclusion at the moment : it looks as though both Raveneye and Canon 6D hardwares are both operational (hopefully ..)

Has anyone any idea on how to solve this problem, including, why not, turning back to previous versions of firmare ?

Current firmare versions
Ronin  01.03.00.50
Raveneye : just dispays N/A   last minute : very shortly seen firmware is 01.01.00.10 if correctly noted !

Any help will be highly appreciated
2021-2-4
Use props
Rumple
lvl.1
Philippines

I was FINALLY able to upgrade to the latest firmware. For those of you who are having problems updating do the following

1. CONNECT YOUR DEVICE TO THE RAVENEYE
2. MAKE SURE YOUR MOBILE DATA (4G/5G) IS TURNED ON
3. ONCE CONNECTED GO TO SETTINGS
4. PRESS FIRMWARE
5. HOLD THE RAVEN EYE FIRMWARE VERSION FOR 10 SECONDS
6.  SELECT THE FIRMWARE YOU WANT TO INSTALL ON YOUR RAVEN EYE
Screenshot_20210205-162348.jpg
2021-2-5
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rumple Posted at 2-5 00:27
I was FINALLY able to upgrade to the latest firmware. For those of you who are having problems updating do the following

1. CONNECT YOUR DEVICE TO THE RAVENEYE

lmao it says the newer firmware is a DOWNGRADE but this is definitely how to update

All the time these easy stuff are always overlooked.  Engineers and companies do all the advanced stuff perfectly but the super basics aren't covered leaving people lost for possibly ever after giving up.

Step 1: Turn on Raveneye
Step 2: Connect with Ronin App (middle bottom of app menu)
Step 3: Go to Firmware at top left corner of main page
Step 4: Hold finger on Raveneye firmware until the next page shows
Step 5: Select Downgrade on the latest firmware
Step 6: Run upgrade
Step 7: 80% Raveneye will disconnect.
Step 7: Turn off and turn on Raveneye
Step 8: Connect Raveneye with it's Wifi Password (at least once)
Step 9: Go to the firmware section and it should complete itself.

They should replace the word DOWNGRADE with SELECT.

_DSC6094.jpg
_DSC6095.jpg
_DSC6093.jpg
2021-2-6
Use props
djiuser_5kPzblbvf5FQ
New
Flight distance : 51325 ft
Denmark

Yves B Posted at 2-4 06:13
Just purchased Ronin RS2 + raveneye. Installation and connection without prblem : all is operational including Image to Smartphne transmission and green LED on Raveneye

I got (I think) the same problem. After the firmware update I now get a black screen on the iphone app. (Using fuji Xt-4).

I can sometimes an very random, get the image on the phone working buy plugging in my Xt20 but that's random and 80% of the times it doesn't work.

Got newest firmware on the gimbal and the raven eye (and the fuji xt-20 + xt-4)
2021-2-9
Use props
Kenny Cowburn
New

Germany

I am also having trouble with the firmware "downgrade"
I get as far as downloading the new firmware, but it fails due to lack of internet connection.
Unfortunately my phone is connected to the wifi of the Raveneye and not receiving any internet connection from the cellular network, because it is connected to a wifi source, so cannot actually download.
Is there any other way of doing this?
2021-2-15
Use props
MickeKling
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Any news regarding the compatibility (active track and remote controlling) with the Ronin-SC?
2021-3-1
Use props
djiuser_qWNV3NtXVqG7
New
Spain

Hi, anybody know if it´s possible on future compability with Olympus OMD m5 Mark III? With the 12-40 pro Zuiko, it´s a wonderfull video look.
2021-3-8
Use props
Mohd Nor Azmil
New

Malaysia

Wow.. I'm surprise after almost 2 months of this firmware release, DJI haven't fix "downgrade" issues.

Added: I put the latest v01. 02.00. 20 (downgrade). Initially it pops up the update to version 1.01... but after a while, it doesn't anymore.
Edited: Also, I'm not sure now if this is raveneye issue or RS2 issue in firmware since I updated both before.
2021-3-31
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

I'm still waiting for DJI to release a firmware update that adds the Sony A7S3 to the RavenEye compatibility list - the A7S3 is on the RS2 Compatibility list, why is it not on the RavenEye list...

Active Track is completely NON Functional with my A7S3... unless my RavenEye is defective?
2021-5-29
Use props
djiuser_mBD3pSXL7Yed
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This version has very poor video rendering which is very delayed making the system unusable, had to revert back to the previous version
2021-6-22
Use props
ivanator007
lvl.1
United Kingdom

RUD_fr Posted at 2021-1-30 09:09
Hi, same here have same problem raveneye doesn't update

Hey Rud
Do you have any idea how to update the Raveneye firmware? I've updated the DJI RS2 firmware but can't find anywhere how to do Raveneye. And I have this on the about screen: https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/ZwMgDCuetIW1ai4IJ8UYOauUeGHWE0lslZ0DYynPcqw
How can it have not firmware version?
2022-2-9
Use props
djiuser_YgrTwGiv6wsn
New

United States

Is there a firmware update for the ronin RSC?
2022-5-29
Use props
Greggyp
lvl.1
United States

My software update failed and somehow the board is no good now? DJI wants $160 to replace the board?
2023-5-3
Use props
Greggyp
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_5kPzblbvf5FQ Posted at 2021-2-9 12:50
I got (I think) the same problem. After the firmware update I now get a black screen on the iphone app. (Using fuji Xt-4).

I can sometimes an very random, get the image on the phone working buy plugging in my Xt20 but that's random and 80% of the times it doesn't work.

The same thing happened to me sent it to DJI and now they are requesting $160 for me to fix it. They're saying the board is no good now... I'm pretty furious and I am very happy with DJI
2023-5-3
Use props
Greggyp
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_5kPzblbvf5FQ Posted at 2021-2-9 12:50

Also I can get the image to appear on my phone if I unplug the HDMI and plug it back in but it is not connected to the gimbal so you lose all the functionality. Not great at all
2023-5-3
Use props
Greggyp
lvl.1
United States

Yves B Posted at 2021-2-4 06:13
Just purchased Ronin RS2 + raveneye. Installation and connection without prblem : all is operational including Image to Smartphne transmission and green LED on Raveneye
The same thing happened to my rave and I and DJI is telling me board is no good. They will replace for me for free!
2023-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules