What’s with all the negative comments?
2693 36 2021-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJWacko
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126729 ft
Australia

I realise this forum is about DJI products but why is there so much bitching and negativity? We all purchase these drones knowing they are the best drones on the market . So there is a few hiccups along the way,which eventually get sorted out. Is there any thing in this day and age that doesn't have a couple of issues? I have had to download the last two fly apps from the DJI website for my android phone , what's the big deal if play store doesn't have them? You can still get the latest firmware. I'm only relatively new to the drone world but I love my magic mini and magic air 2 . Just chill out and enjoy these amazing drones and if there are issues I'm sure DJI will  work them out.
2021-1-28
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

“there any thing in this day and age that doesn't have a couple of issues?”   ....Yes

Transparency is the issue, DJI needs more ot it otherwise members have to come to their own conclusions and that’s when the fun begins.

2021-1-28
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Just one simple example, that leads the people to complain.

German manual still on version 1.0 , release date 6.2020
English manual version 1.4, release date 12.2020

Both manuals are still not on same status with the current implementation of functions of the current Fly app and FW loaded onto the devices.

It is allways try and error, as new or change of functions are announced, but not explained in detail.
2021-1-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hang out in the works section,  its nicer over there.
2021-1-28
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I totally agree. Those who are satisfied are less likely to post here. The more functions there are, the more likely it is that many cannot cope with them. Loaded half a meter from the home point - big problem - forum post...
I am definitely a very satisfied MA2 user, great reliable drone.
2021-1-28
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Yes, you are absolutely right, they are not life or death matters.
Our complaints, if we can call them that, are due to the fact that the DJI has spoiled us with very nice things.
We, at least me, would like to list some functions that were already present on previous drones and that we have seen disappear in more modern ones.
It seems that they have put on the market, I mean the Mavic Air 2, a product that was ready from the hardware point of view and less from the software point of view.

We often make this choice in the company too. There's nothing wrong. The product is new and needs to reach maturity.

2021-1-28
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are so many facets to this issue.  From how demanding or difficult some people can be to simple frustration from inexperience.  With most of the technology available to us today, it typically works but then sets an expectation that everything that comes along should just work without considering all the variables.  IMO, DJI still is the best producer of drones out there.  Sure, it is frustrating when something does not work as expected.  For the most part it works, provides an escape, and makes me smile.
In most circumstances, people just don't post about good things.  Also, some people just are not going to be happy no matter what the situation is.
2021-1-28
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

The complaints ensure DJI stays on there toes and keeps on improving the drones and controllers.
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DJWacko. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out your valued insights with regards to this matter. Rest assured that DJI will continue to do it's best to give out the best drone and best updates for all of its product in the future to give out the best experience to all our DJI members and DJI co pilots. Again, thank you for your support and keep on flying.  
2021-1-28
Use props
Denny_C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120381 ft
United States

The MA2 seems to have an excellent hardware design and manufacture. It is very stable and reliable. The software also seems to be stable and dependable. Unfortunately, the user interface is the main reason I am returning my drone. I miss the easy to read and sensible controls of the old Mavic Pro. Every time I fly it becomes more aggravating. Why did they have to take a sensible control system and just start over as though it never existed? Why is tripod mode completely different than it used to be?
2021-1-28
Use props
Denny_C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120381 ft
United States

Also, the manual seems to be written by someone who knows how to write and spell, but has never flown a drone before.
2021-1-28
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 19:43
Hello there DJWacko. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out your valued insights with regards to this matter. Rest assured that DJI will continue to do it's best to give out the best drone and best updates for all of its product in the future to give out the best experience to all our DJI members and DJI co pilots. Again, thank you for your support and keep on flying.

Your welcome DJI Stephen , i would like to thank  DJI for these amazing drones . How else could we have so much fun whilst filming our lives and surroundings. Keep up the great work DJI.
2021-1-29
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

maihem.rc Posted at 1-28 05:46
There are so many facets to this issue.  From how demanding or difficult some people can be to simple frustration from inexperience.  With most of the technology available to us today, it typically works but then sets an expectation that everything that comes along should just work without considering all the variables.  IMO, DJI still is the best producer of drones out there.  Sure, it is frustrating when something does not work as expected.  For the most part it works, provides an escape, and makes me smile.
In most circumstances, people just don't post about good things.  Also, some people just are not going to be happy no matter what the situation is.

I totally agree , I enjoy flying my drones  and learning as I go .
2021-1-29
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

DJI sells the mavic air 2 in 2 versions, but at the same price!
(AirSense & ADS-B only in USA and Canada!).
There is also no CE marking for Europe.
Did I know when I bought it? Yes, because I thought I was buying the best drone on the market!
But look at the support!
Lately it seems that this drone is not in the priorities of DJI.
Seeing the changes in the legislation in the 2 largest markets (USA & UK), MINI 2 was launched and since then it is only engaged in its promotion.

Result:
2 DJI Fly editions in such a short time ...
2 firmware versions also in a short time. (still not for android users ?)
"Technical issue" with Google...

If you have paid over 1000 euros and you are not interested, then you can wear the stupid smile of happiness and worship the empire forever, without protests ..
2021-1-30
Use props
Occams Razor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

Have you ever spent time in a technology-based-product public forum?  You will always get a high volume of complaints in all of them.  The DJI forums are relatively tame but there are few extreme personalities.
2021-1-30
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

We are absolutely spoil as Raf_IZ0QWM suggests.  This has lead us to an irrational belief that the Mavic series drones will be perfect.  At times, I feel that that functionality and stability are overlooked.  Many of the complaints especially relating to crashes can be traced back to pilot in the logs.  The complexity for the price point is unfathomable from the perspective of technology 20 years ago outside of sci-fi.  For the most part, I am in the camp that expects the drone to function as advertised and I want to understand the technical reasons for the failures.
2021-1-30
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

Occams Razor Posted at 1-30 08:55
Have you ever spent time in a technology-based-product public forum?  You will always get a high volume of complaints in all of them.  The DJI forums are relatively tame but there are few extreme personalities.

No this is the only technology based forum I have been involved in and I suppose I will get used to the negativity. This is my second DJI drone and I haven’t had any issues with either. I am just glad I live in an era where I can enjoy these amazing little machines.
2021-1-30
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-30 10:42
We are absolutely spoil as Raf_IZ0QWM suggests.  This has lead us to an irrational belief that the Mavic series drones will be perfect.  At times, I feel that that functionality and stability are overlooked.  Many of the complaints especially relating to crashes can be traced back to pilot in the logs.  The complexity for the price point is unfathomable from the perspective of technology 20 years ago outside of sci-fi.  For the most part, I am in the camp that expects the drone to function as advertised and I want to understand the technical reasons for the failures.

I totally agree , I expect any product I buy to perform as advertised and there will always be some that have the occasional fault, where I purchase my drones from I pay extra for product care which takes my warranty out to three years ,if anything goes wrong in that period I take it back and get a brand new one off the shelf.I guess I’m one of the lucky ones who hasn’t had a problem with my drones .
2021-1-30
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

S.T. Posted at 1-30 05:33
DJI sells the mavic air 2 in 2 versions, but at the same price!
(AirSense & ADS-B only in USA and Canada!).
There is also no CE marking for Europe.

I do not understand your message, I am on Android and I was able to update the application via the DJI site and then firmware directly with the application.
2021-1-31
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

yea god forbid we say anything mean or negative in 2021. And when people pay close to $1000 or more for a product they have every right to complain when something sucks.
2021-1-31
Use props
fans42c8019f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5883 ft
Canada

The issue for me is lack of transparency from DJI.   Everything seems to be a secret, and good luck getting straight answers out of them.  This behaviour doesn’t reflect a customer-first / customer-focused business practice and at times makes me believe I bought the wrong products from the wrong company.
2021-1-31
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 19:43
...Rest assured that DJI will continue to do it's best to give out the best drone and best updates for all of its product in the future to give out the best experience to all our DJI members and DJI co pilots. Again, thank you for your support and keep on flying.

Then finally do drone certification in the European Union!
2021-1-31
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

fans42c8019f Posted at 1-31 07:55
The issue for me is lack of transparency from DJI.   Everything seems to be a secret, and good luck getting straight answers out of them.  This behaviour doesn’t reflect a customer-first / customer-focused business practice and at times makes me believe I bought the wrong products from the wrong company.

Yeah I have heard a few people comment on this before. For the money we outlay for DJI products we should be kept up to track of what is happening  like when will be new firmware upgrades coming and what will be in them. I haven’t had any problems with my drones so I haven’t had to deal with DJI personally .
2021-1-31
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

ny300z Posted at 1-31 07:03
yea god forbid we say anything mean or negative in 2021. And when people pay close to $1000 or more for a product they have every right to complain when something sucks.

Say what you like !, if you want to be mean and negative go right ahead , not really sure why but if that’s what makes you feel better then feel free to moan .  A few positive comments doesn’t do any harm though.
2021-1-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DJWacko Posted at 1-29 14:22
Your welcome DJI Stephen , i would like to thank  DJI for these amazing drones . How else could we have so much fun whilst filming our lives and surroundings. Keep up the great work DJI.

Hi there DJWacko. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-1-31
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

DJWacko Posted at 1-31 17:19
Say what you like !, if you want to be mean and negative go right ahead , not really sure why but if that’s what makes you feel better then feel free to moan .  A few positive comments doesn’t do any harm though.

You do know if people on the internet didnt complain about tech things nothing would ever get improved or fixed right? Users like us on forums are the reason every tech company puts out updates whether its Microsoft, Samsung, DJI, anyone. Without us "negative" people nothing would get done.
2021-2-1
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

ny300z Posted at 2-1 06:59
You do know if people on the internet didnt complain about tech things nothing would ever get improved or fixed right? Users like us on forums are the reason every tech company puts out updates whether its Microsoft, Samsung, DJI, anyone. Without us "negative" people nothing would get done.

Thank you .
2021-2-1
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Should have seen the early days in the DJI Spark forum, the marketing deptartment did such a good job of convincing folks that the Spark could almost fly itself, it was filled with posts along the lines of "my drone flew away all by itself" Think we see the skewed view as most people do noyt have the issues and just get on with enjoying their new drone.
2021-2-22
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

On my case i got the MA2 suddenly stopping motors on 22m. height ,,,plumbering and crashing.. i didnt make anything wrong , on a clear ,sunny and good weather day ,,, so explain me the fail and i'll remove my negative post ;) ,,, they don't even have given me any analytics of the log file yet after 1weeks posted ...
2021-2-22
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 2-22 12:06
On my case i got the MA2 suddenly stopping motors on 22m. height ,,,plumbering and crashing.. i didnt make anything wrong , on a clear ,sunny and good weather day ,,, so explain me the fail and i'll remove my negative post ;) ,,, they don't even have given me any analytics of the log file yet after 1weeks posted ...

That’s fair enough , I would be angry about that myself. Hope you get a good outcome from DJI.
2021-2-22
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

Not for nothing but you re right, but one thing here bothers me, didn't know they where Magic Drones...... a little humor to liven up the mood, Have a Wonderfull day!.
2021-2-22
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

Savage3006 Posted at 2-22 13:54
Not for nothing but you re right, but one thing here bothers me, didn't know they where Magic Drones...... a little humor to liven up the mood, Have a Wonderfull day!.

Thanks , you have a good day yourself.. Hope all is well where you are .
2021-2-22
Use props
djiuser_UTVms6VPXk1e
New
Flight distance : 82598 ft
Canada

fans42c8019f Posted at 1-31 07:55

So I'm assuming that both Google, who owns Android, and Apple who owns, um, everything else, provide a level of transparency regarding their products that satisfies you? Give me a break.

DJI's drones are light years ahead of either Android or IOS in sophistication and complexity and yet I don't see all the bitching and complaining about those other companies' "transparency". You can bet Tesla doesn't provide the level of transparency you seem to be dreaming of either. Why not just quit your whining, be amazed and enjoy these magical devices that couldn't have been dreamed of 10 years ago?
2021-3-2
Use props
djiuser_QY6h4A0Eb8PS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 129472 ft
United States

I have not been able to get the software installed after hours of trying.
2022-4-9
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

djiuser_QY6h4A0Eb8PS Posted at 4-9 11:06
I have not been able to get the software installed after hours of trying.

Hi there , are you using Assistant 2 consumer on a computer or just through the fly app ?
2022-4-9
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

We’re totally spoiled now! I started out with the Vision app on my Phantom 2. I’ve kept Vision, Pilot, Go, Go4, and now Fly, for nostalgia’s sake.
I found this forum because I was having issues with the BIN file on the P2 … ah the good old days. DJI products are essentially plug and play now - it was reckless to fly a new drone right out of the box back in the day.
Not to say there isn’t the occasional FW headache, but DJI has come leaps and bounds.
2022-4-9
Use props
Spacetrakker
First Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

I totally agree with your comments.
I have been flying DJI drones for several years and find them totally reliable and enjoyable to fly.( If you know what you're doing and flying them as intended...NOT liike an F35 !)  
It appears that many of the compaints and reports of problems seem to posted by newbies who just don't  read the manual and tutorials before they jump in and start updating firmware, fly when they have no clue regarding operation. Repeatedy  reported  "drone won't power up"  cause they haven't read the first page of the manual!!

Other complaints are so trivial such as updates for the German language manual blah blah etc...I'm sure DJI have lots of more pressing issues to keep them busy.

Get over it and read the English manual or watch tutorials on youtube etc.

Overall, good job DJI,  keep up the good work!

Cheers Spacetrakker

2022-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules