Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mini 2 Drifting with no RC Imput
964 5 2021-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TwentyThrill
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257133 ft
South Korea

This has happened to me several times since the last update, I've already tried to refresh the software, I've calibrated the IMU and compass again, I've tried to take a look into the flight logs but I can't figure out if this is a problem related to GPS, IMU or optical sensors.
If you want you're free to take a look into it, hope I'm not the only one with this issue.
The event it's happening at the minute 4.30 to 4.38 of the flight.

Thank you in advance to everyone for your time!

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... bNxlRrD?usp=sharing

2021-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, TwentyThrill. Thanks for reaching out and our apologies for the difficulties you're encountering. If you have not tried yet, we recommend performing calibration also in the remote and perform another test. We suggest that you have it tested in an environment with the minimal wind to rule out this possibility. Please also check whether your propellers are still in good condition. If they're not, it is highly recommended to replace them with brand new set/s.
2021-1-29
Use props
TwentyThrill
Second Officer
South Korea

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 23:24
Hi, TwentyThrill. Thanks for reaching out and our apologies for the difficulties you're encountering. If you have not tried yet, we recommend performing calibration also in the remote and perform another test. We suggest that you have it tested in an environment with the minimal wind to rule out this possibility. Please also check whether your propellers are still in good condition. If they're not, it is highly recommended to replace them with brand new set/s.

Hello DJI Gamora, thank you for your quick response. My RC don't require calibration because, as you can see from the flight logs, the issue comes when there's no RC imput on the sticks. The wind conditon at that high was almost absent with a maximum peek of 8 km/h as you can see from the weather data.
I accurately inspect the propellers before every single flight, no issue was found soever. I've just double checked their staus and I can confimr they're all clean, not damaged and in shape.
2021-1-29
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi.

Had a look at your drift at 4.30 - 4.38

Craft heading 148 and drifting averaged 230.
If wind was causing this then the roll angles must increase to the left! (this to keep drone in hover)
But roll angles changed to more to the right, thus  causing craft to move to the right.

But why ?  If GPS calculation position is changed (incorectly) than software will correct postion by steering input (as it did).

I rule out propellors, as long is damage = less lift is within rpm increase limits (more lift) ; damage has no effect on performance. And ofcourse blade damage is there or not, so count for the whole flight or when in flight damaged then from that point to the end of the flight.

see chart for GPS speed, roll angles, heading and move direction.
Polar chart is centered at 4m30 ; yellow line indicates move direction with no pitch and/or roll RC input. (all data in meters and m/s)

PS check yourself   at around 39 sec in flight also drifing without RC input. see last chart

cheers
JJB

analysis2.png
analysis3.png
analysis4.png
2021-1-30
Use props
TwentyThrill
Second Officer
South Korea

JJB* Posted at 1-30 02:53
Hi.

Had a look at your drift at 4.30 - 4.38
Thank you very much again for your accurate analysis, as always.
Yeah I didn't notice much the drift at 39 sec because I was pointing the camera down for a street shot, actually there was a building right there at my right and I might have crashed there without even noticing, this is how dangerous the situation is and I can't even refresh the software because the DJI Mini 2 is incompatible with any DJI Assistant softwares since releasing.
2021-1-30
Use props
Donut Michigan
First Officer
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

When calibration was there any metal in the area. Car,fence, Rebar in concrete, power lines, cell towers. Etc.  all can affect compassion during calibration.
Doug
2021-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules