Ronin & Blackmagic Ursa Mini Question
7874 11 2015-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1012creativevis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi. Does anyone have any knowledge on if the Ronin can support the Blackmagic Ursa Mini?

Is this a good combination or will the motor struggle with it? I'm quite keen on going for the Ursa Mini due to its smaller size but there's not much point if this wont work in conjunction with my Ronin ( not the Ronin M b.t.w.)

regards

Jase
2015-7-7
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

it does support cameras with a maximum depth of 140 mm (measured from the CG), a maximum height of 225 mm, and a maximum width of 195mm. The maximum load weight is 7.25kg (16lbs).
2015-7-7
Use props
1012creativevis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-7-7 20:24
it does support cameras with a maximum depth of 140 mm (measured from the CG), a maximum height of 2 ...

Thank you.

I have the Blackmagic Ursa Mini dimensions as:

Height: 146.8mm
Length: 209mm ( rear to the front )
Width: 193.4mm ( although this include handle/grip which I wouldn't have on. And I wouldn't use the LCD as i'd link it into the Atomos Shogun on the Ronin.

Weight: 2.27kg , ( plus lenses & battery will needed to be added), but I think weight shouldn't be to much of an issue.

Looking at the spec, I don't think it will, or am I wrong?

Sorry, I just want to check as it's a big investment to get wrong if I idid purchase the camera.

Jase
2015-7-7
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

1012creativevis Posted at 2015-7-7 22:41
Thank you.

As you can see your camera height and width are in the range of the ronin spec, and about the length, it is depends on the length from the centre of gravity to the back end, so if you use macro lens or lens hood etc, which may change the position of CG, so it is hard to say whether it can be mounted on the original Ronin, or maybe you need consider extention arm
ronin.jpg
2015-7-8
Use props
1012creativevis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-7-8 20:13
As you can see your camera height and width are in the range of the ronin spec, and about the lengt ...

Thank you. It seem to fit ok apart from length. That was my concern. As the length of the camera could fit on the Ronin, but that doesn't include battery at the back and lens, which could result in unbalancing. What is the extension arm you mentioned?
2015-7-8
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

1012creativevis Posted at 2015-7-9 14:05
Thank you. It seem to fit ok apart from length. That was my concern. As the length of the camera c ...

You may have a look at our DJI online store http://store.dji.com/search?q=ronin
2015-7-9
Use props
cookinghusband
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41463 ft
Hong Kong

1012creativevis Posted at 2015-7-9 14:05
Thank you. It seem to fit ok apart from length. That was my concern. As the length of the camera c ...

Ronin can fit most camera in, really depend on which lens you put on,

The URSA Mini is so small and light, in the worst case scenario you can use counter weight.

People are using it with RED and FS5.

unless you are trying to us it with one of those bazooka size cine-zoom len
2015-7-15
Use props
1012creativevis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

cookinghusband Posted at 2015-7-16 14:22
Ronin can fit most camera in, really depend on which lens you put on,

The URSA Mini is so small  ...

Thank you, it's helped me to make my choice of which way to go.
2015-8-10
Use props
vancadet
New

Chile

1012creativevis Posted at 2015-8-10 12:31
Thank you, it's helped me to make my choice of which way to go.

Hi!
How do you finally handled it this?

The Ursa mini works with the Ronin?
2015-10-21
Use props
fans103dba15
New

Ukraine

1012creativevis Posted at 2015-7-7 06:41
Thank you.

Hello! Tell please! How can i change settings of mini ursa installed on dji ronin. For example WB or shutterangle. This settings can be changed using buttons under the viewfinder. But when ursa installed on Ronin, view finder can be opened fully
2017-4-3
Use props
ThePhantom
lvl.2

Norway

Ursa mini can be used with Mx, but not with the rear battery attached.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans103dba15 Posted at 2017-4-3 01:19
Hello! Tell please! How can i change settings of mini ursa installed on dji ronin. For example WB or shutterangle. This settings can be changed using buttons under the viewfinder. But when ursa installed on Ronin, view finder can be opened fully

Just to clarify, you mean that it can't* be opened fully?
2017-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules