Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung s21 Utra not compatible
123456Next >
37575 215 2021-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daannie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123481 ft
Netherlands

I was really happy to receive my S21 ultra, not knowing it is not a compatible phone for the mini 2.
What happens is that the screen freezes as soon as I start to film in 4 K modus. Please watch out when you start with this yourself, because you will hav no vision while flying!!!
See my video on youtube:

Good luck and I hope DJI will update soon!
2021-2-1
Use props
whiteghost
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Ditto ;-)  Just tried it today :-(  Flies OK and takes pics just no video!!
2021-2-1
Use props
Daannie
lvl.4
Netherlands

whiteghost Posted at 2-1 08:04
Ditto ;-)  Just tried it today :-(  Flies OK and takes pics just no video!!

It films in 2,7K I use another old phone for the mini. Very incovenient!
2021-2-1
Use props
yogi053
Captain
Flight distance : 7953858 ft
United Kingdom

Keep your super s21as a phone and buy a cheap phone or tablet for use with the done exclusvely!Look at the Dji recommended device list!
2021-2-1
Use props
Daannie
lvl.4
Netherlands

yogi053 Posted at 2-1 10:06
Keep your super s21as a phone and buy a cheap phone or tablet for use with the done exclusvely!Look at the Dji recommended device list!

Thanks for the reply! I have indeed an older s8 and use that exclusively for the drone. I hope though that they update this soon.
2021-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Daannie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Rest assured that this thread will be forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further attention and in addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI Drone and for the DJI Fly application.. Again I am sorry and thank you.
2021-2-1
Use props
Daannie
lvl.4
Netherlands

Good to hear from you Stephen. I always trust my faith so also now. I will share your answer with others that are followi g my posts about this. To let then know that DJI is working on it.

Thanks in advance and until that update I will use an old phone.
2021-2-2
Use props
yogi053
Captain
Flight distance : 7953858 ft
United Kingdom

Daannie Posted at 2-1 11:10
Thanks for the reply! I have indeed an older s8 and use that exclusively for the drone. I hope though that they update this soon.

I too, use a phone not on the recommended list, a Oneplus 7t, but, touch wood, I have had no issues so far and I have a redundant iphone 7 as a back-up should the need arise.
Happy flying. Stay safe!
2021-2-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

My S21 Ultra with a Snapdragon 888 Processor works perfect.  No issues whatsoever.  I'm assuming you have an S21 Ultra with the Exynos 2100 processor.  There have been a few problems in the past with some Samsung phones with the Exynos processor.  Hopefully, DJI will get this sorted out for you in a future App update.
2021-2-2
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

Yup. I use an old 1+5 which is rooted to stop auto charge. Works a treat.

Using your phone is an inconvenience really.  Ideally I'd have spare cash I was happy to waste away on an iPad Mini 5 just for the drone.  Buy as an anti apple person....other than my work macbook pro as thats what they give to engineers...
2021-2-2
Use props
whiteghost
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bought a new Ipad mini 5, after getting no signal at 396mtr was told NOT officially supported by Fly app! This is my cause for crap distance??

Same with my S10 plus that is officially supported?    They state get an ipad mini 4 which is supported Yet was discontinued by Apple in 2019!!

New drone yet old app for old ipad :-)
Also side note great idea "not" for in app update? was out flying yesterday when I got an update warning in the app which then interupted my flying
and had to restart the app to get connection!!!!

"Another NOTE :-), can guarantee that if you crash or have a fly away while using NONE compatable hardware you will get no help from DJI even with Care
package!!"
2021-2-2
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

whiteghost Posted at 2-2 06:58
Bought a new Ipad mini 5, after getting no signal at 396mtr was told NOT officially supported by Fly app! This is my cause for crap distance??

Same with my S10 plus that is officially supported?    They state get an ipad mini 4 which is supported Yet was discontinued by Apple in 2019!!

I still struggle to understand the design of the system. Why does the app control or impact flight distance. Other than the limits you can specify.
2021-2-2
Use props
Daannie
lvl.4
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-2 06:00
My S21 Ultra with a Snapdragon 888 Processor works perfect.  No issues whatsoever.  I'm assuming you have an S21 Ultra with the Exynos 2100 processor.  There have been a few problems in the past with some Samsung phones with the Exynos processor.  Hopefully, DJI will get this sorted out for you in a future App update.

Yep that's right. I am in Holland where we received the Exynos processor.
2021-2-2
Use props
Daannie
lvl.4
Netherlands

I guess you're right in that! I wait until the S21 ultra with Exynos processor is listed. Until then I use my old S8
2021-2-2
Use props
videoeditman
Captain
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Daannie Posted at 2-2 08:39
I guess you're right in that! I wait until the S21 ultra with Exynos processor is listed. Until then I use my old S8

Daannie,
Have you tried version 1.2.4 from DJI's website as I thought others with older Samsung phones with Exynos processors had success with the new version. Hope this helps!
2021-2-2
Use props
Daannie
lvl.4
Netherlands

videoeditman Posted at 2-2 09:09
Daannie,
Have you tried version 1.2.4 from DJI's website as I thought others with older Samsung phones with Exynos processors had success with the new version. Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for the tip, but it still freezes in 4K. What I discovered though, is that 4K does work with 24 frames per second. I just wait for the moment tha my S21 ultra is officially listed.
2021-2-2
Use props
whiteghost
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Skynet5 Posted at 2-2 07:05
I still struggle to understand the design of the system. Why does the app control or impact flight distance. Other than the limits you can specify.

Skynet5

My thoughts exactly the connection is between the remote and the drone?
How the signal is dropped because of the ipad which is running the app perfectly I do not know?
But according to DJI and I quote "the app is NOT optimized for the ipad mini 5, this is the cause of the loss
of signal??"  
2021-2-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the tip!
2021-2-4
Use props
djiuser_8fNEmnx6kbvZ
New

United Kingdom

I was looking at purchasing the mavic 2 , today but I own a galaxy s21 ultra so it would be pointless me buying one I guess?
2021-2-13
Use props
yvontessier
lvl.1

Canada

are you on dji fly 1.2.5 with your ipad mini 5?
2021-2-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

whiteghost Posted at 2-3 04:05
Skynet5

My thoughts exactly the connection is between the remote and the drone?

That is BS. There is absolutely no connection between what phone you are using and loss of connection with the aircraft, nor is it connected to short range.
2021-2-13
Use props
Daannie
lvl.4
Netherlands

djiuser_8fNEmnx6kbvZ Posted at 2-13 13:34
I was looking at purchasing the mavic 2 , today but I own a galaxy s21 ultra so it would be pointless me buying one I guess?

I myself have a s21 ultra wit Exynos processor. It works fine  when I film in 4k with 24 fps. But when I film 4k 25 or 30 fps the view freezes. I heard that the same phone with a Snapdragon processor works just fine.
DJI says they are certainly working on it to make it work.
I hope this gives you a better idea of what to do.

I use my old s8 but that phone stops the app when I set the filming option. After restart the app it works fine, but I feel a little insecure.

My s 20 worked fine, but I gave it to my wife.
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_AhnXdNnzKqQg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89183 ft
Spain

In my case is only frozen in video 4k 30 and 25 fps.
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_AhnXdNnzKqQg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89183 ft
Spain

Daannie Posted at 2-14 01:37
I myself have a s21 ultra wit Exynos processor. It works fine  when I film in 4k with 24 fps. But when I film 4k 25 or 30 fps the view freezes. I heard that the same phone with a Snapdragon processor works just fine.

I'm suffering exactly the same.
2021-2-14
Use props
Cients
First Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
United States

Good to know. Thanks!
2021-2-14
Use props
Daannie
lvl.4
Netherlands

djiuser_AhnXdNnzKqQg Posted at 2-14 07:50
In my case is only frozen in video 4k 30 and 25 fps.

With me exactly the same. I guess we can normally use it otherwise.
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 404587 ft
Hong Kong

I can confirm I am using the S21 ultra snapdragon model and have no problems flying and recording in 4k. I do have an issue with the video cache not playable off the phone but I'm looking into that.
2021-2-14
Use props
Daannie
lvl.4
Netherlands

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 2-14 20:46
I can confirm I am using the S21 ultra snapdragon model and have no problems flying and recording in 4k. I do have an issue with the video cache not playable off the phone but I'm looking into that.

So Exynos and Snapdragon have different problems. I do not have a cache problem.
2021-2-14
Use props
lukm
lvl.1
Italy

I have the same exact problem with my S21 bearing Exynos: video freezing if recording in 4k and 25 or 30 fps
2021-2-15
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

Daannie Posted at 2-14 01:37

Hmmm....I am using a Samsung S8 with 1.2.4 and latest firmware on my MINI II and it works flawlessly....app doesn't close. Did you try rebooting the cell phone after the update? You may want to remove the app and than reinstall but first reboot the phone and than after the install reboot again. I have heard that sometimes needs to be done. I have done several FLY app updates from when I first got my MINI II 2 months ago and haven't had any issues with any of them. There were some bugs or glitches like the color streak at the top of 4K video and uneven color on DNG pans but all of those were fixed with FLY app updates.
2021-2-15
Use props
djiuser_UDp53gdKSffR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 387 ft
United Kingdom

Astro Bob Posted at 2-15 19:02
Hmmm....I am using a Samsung S8 with 1.2.4 and latest firmware on my MINI II and it works flawlessly....app doesn't close. Did you try rebooting the cell phone after the update? You may want to remove the app and than reinstall but first reboot the phone and than after the install reboot again. I have heard that sometimes needs to be done. I have done several FLY app updates from when I first got my MINI II 2 months ago and haven't had any issues with any of them. There were some bugs or glitches like the color streak at the top of 4K video and uneven color on DNG pans but all of those were fixed with FLY app updates.

The app closing isn't an issue.
The software team really need to get there act together with this particular issue. Many have complained about a divide between the hardware being good but the software lacking in many areas.
Along with no live feed for 4k video in 30fps the lack of support for saving in 4k via the dji fly app is such a shame given the Mini 2s capabilities and the S21 Ultra's 16gigs of Ram Etc. Everything seems so underutilised
2021-2-17
Use props
djiuser_uu78pzIwRVrZ
New

Italy

Ho un s21 e con l'applicazione dji fly con mini 2 non riesco a riprendere video sopra i 1080p. In segnale video non arriva allo smartphone, inoltre i quickshot non riescono a tenere agganciato il soggetto. Problema riscontrato solo con il samsumg s21. Con huawei p10 nessun problema di questo tipo ....
Spero risolviate il problema al più presto
2021-2-18
Use props
djiuser_QxhZgcqHyqKN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61309 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi
I don't think DJI will bring an update for the S21 Ultra anytime soon. First it would be the turn of the S20 Plus and the S20 Ultra !!
2021-2-19
Use props
Daannie
lvl.4
Netherlands

djiuser_QxhZgcqHyqKN Posted at 2-19 05:09
Hi
I don't think DJI will bring an update for the S21 Ultra anytime soon. First it would be the turn of the S20 Plus and the S20 Ultra !!

But the s20 is working...
2021-2-19
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Captain
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Daannie Posted at 2-19 05:11
But the s20 is working...

Just for the record....did you tried with Cache OFF? So no cached video on phone?
Another trick you can try : lower the resolution and lower the Refresh rate from Settings at S21...
Check this, maybe you can find a partial solve at this bug.

Cheers.
2021-2-19
Use props
Mhinc
First Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

You can't expect a brand new device to work out of the box.  DJI needs time to make these devices compatible.  
2021-2-19
Use props
Daannie
lvl.4
Netherlands

Mhinc Posted at 2-19 06:11
You can't expect a brand new device to work out of the box.  DJI needs time to make these devices compatible.

As long as DJI is working on it..... I keep my hope.
Thanks for the reply!
2021-2-19
Use props
Daannie
lvl.4
Netherlands

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 2-19 05:49
Just for the record....did you tried with Cache OFF? So no cached video on phone?
Another trick you can try : lower the resolution and lower the Refresh rate from Settings at S21...
Check this, maybe you can find a partial solve at this bug.

Also with cache off it does not work. Thamks for the tip though!
2021-2-19
Use props
djiuser_QxhZgcqHyqKN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61309 ft
  • >>>
Germany

this shouldn't be a criticism of DJI. The S20 Plus and S20 Ultra have been on the market for a while and have not yet run with the FlyApp.
It can take a while for the S21 to run.
2021-2-20
Use props
Mhinc
First Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

djiuser_QxhZgcqHyqKN Posted at 2-20 01:31
this shouldn't be a criticism of DJI. The S20 Plus and S20 Ultra have been on the market for a while and have not yet run with the FlyApp.
It can take a while for the S21 to run.

Thanks for the echo...
2021-2-20
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules