Sporadic disconnection fro DJI Go app on Iphone 12 pro max
1839 7 2021-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FqiyfNy5YCWT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175482 ft
Australia

REcently, my dji go app on my Iphone 12 pro max began randomly disconnecting from the drone. The drone and controller are still pairing, howver the connection to the app is tempormental. I have deleted the app, reinstalled, rebooted the phone & changed cables and still nothing...

Note: I am using the usb port on the controller

DJI support said they only support up to Iphone x...
2021-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FqiyfNy5YCWT. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro ) that your are trying to use on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4  application while using it. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 below. Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI Go 4 application in the future. Again I am sorry and thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2021-2-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im using Iphone 12 pro max and Ive not had any issues.    I had a similar experience to you with my iPad but I resolved that with a new cable.
2021-2-2
Use props
FqiyfNy5YCWT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175482 ft
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 01:17
Im using Iphone 12 pro max and Ive not had any issues.    I had a similar experience to you with my iPad but I resolved that with a new cable.

Are you using the apple lightening to USB OEM cable?
2021-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FqiyfNy5YCWT Posted at 2-2 01:18
Are you using the apple lightening to USB OEM cable?

No Im using a generic braided cable from eBay.  Made by a company called Juice Bitz
2021-2-2
Use props
djiuser_QMyu8wpGWVo1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71870 ft

United States

Similar problem with my Samsung S21+.  Narrowed it down to a data issue.  For some reason, when I have data (wifi or cellular), the USB connection to the controller doesnt work.  If I turn on airplane mode and reconnect then everything works fine.  All control and menus are available and functional (camera, drone settings, etc.)  Turn data back on and I get a "controller error".  USB internet tethering works fine providing internet to the computer, so I don't think I'm being data limited.
2021-4-7
Use props
DodgeR1988
lvl.1
Flight distance : 808074 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have the 12 Pro Max. When in the DJI FLY APP for my mavic 3. Itll randomly disconnect from controller.  While in flight.   I unplug cable from phone and back in after couple seconds. Its fixed for a few minutes. Then rinse and repeat
2023-5-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DodgeR1988 Posted at 5-29 07:48
I also have the 12 Pro Max. When in the DJI FLY APP for my mavic 3. Itll randomly disconnect from controller.  While in flight.   I unplug cable from phone and back in after couple seconds. Its fixed for a few minutes. Then rinse and repeat

Try cleaning your phone port and/or a new cable.
2023-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules