You'd think by now....
2781 8 2021-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

You would think by now DJI would take into consideration that people use phone cases when they supply their OTG cables.  
Picked up my Mini 2 Jan 28th.   Was first upset that my Nvidia Shied Tablet wasn't compatible with DJI Fly
due to it not having a 64Bit Processor, but that's water under the bridge.  I still have my trusty Galaxy S10.
Well, the 90 degree angle USB-C connection isn't deep enough to connect to my phone with my Otterbox Defender on it.
They could at least provide an adapter to lengthen it, I can't be the only one that has this issue?  Thankfully I had my MicroUSB to MicroUSB
OTG and I had adapters to convert to USB C on both ends, but now I don't have the convienence of tucking the OTG
away inside the remote.  
2021-2-2
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exactly...The remote for the Mini 2 ( and Mavic Air 2) will actually hold my phone with the case but as you pointed out, the cable is too short to reliably stay in the phone! I ordered a USB C extension from Amazon that is just about perfect to add that little extra length. I leave it on the cable on the remote and the antenna is damn near completely closed if the cable and extension are positioned carefully.
2021-2-2
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

jmb63 Posted at 2-2 05:04
Exactly...The remote for the Mini 2 ( and Mavic Air 2) will actually hold my phone with the case but as you pointed out, the cable is too short to reliably stay in the phone! I ordered a USB C extension from Amazon that is just about perfect to add that little extra length. I leave it on the cable on the remote and the antenna is damn near completely closed if the cable and extension are positioned carefully.[view_image]

My issue isn't the length, it would reach, the issue is the 90 degree angle, it doesn't allow for the USB C to get past the rubber on the case to the actual port on the phone.  
My phone JUST fits in the remote.  I wouldn't even call it fitting, I would say too snug.
2021-2-2
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 2-2 05:37
My issue isn't the length, it would reach, the issue is the 90 degree angle, it doesn't allow for the USB C to get past the rubber on the case to the actual port on the phone.  
My phone JUST fits in the remote.  I wouldn't even call it fitting, I would say too snug.

That is what that small extension does....gets it out past the rubber phone case
2021-2-2
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 2-2 05:37
My issue isn't the length, it would reach, the issue is the 90 degree angle, it doesn't allow for the USB C to get past the rubber on the case to the actual port on the phone.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2021-2-2
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

jmb63 Posted at 2-2 06:23
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MBWH7QG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oddly enough, I can't find the same on amazon.ca ( I'm in Canada ) I have found an extension cable but not the little adapters.
2021-2-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

true. i have several longer usb c cables * to attach to the phone and rc.
* straight cables, or with a 90 degree plug etc.
i did never use the original DJI the cables, too short!
2021-2-2
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 2-2 06:28
Oddly enough, I can't find the same on amazon.ca ( I'm in Canada ) I have found an extension cable but not the little adapters.
Granted, as you originally mentioned, they (DJI) should throw a cable WITH a longer "neck" in the box but these are a cheap/easy alternative
Here are 2 (including the one I have) on Amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/Cellulariz ... d=1612284215&sr=8-8
https://www.amazon.ca/Exuun-Fema ... d=1612284329&sr=8-6

2021-2-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I replaced mine with a 12" cable with no problem and no crying.
2021-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules