Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Trackimo
2520 18 2015-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eagle-ONE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

Hello everyone I just get my Trackimo today and I am looking for mount ideas on a P3 any ideas?
2015-7-7
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

I made my own gimbal guard. Velcro and tethered.   3/16 plexi
2015-7-7
Use props
Eagle-ONE
lvl.3
United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-7-8 09:37
I made my own gimbal guard. Velcro and tethered.   3/16 plexi

the trackimo is held only with velcro?
2015-7-7
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

Eagle-ONE Posted at 2015-7-8 10:01
the trackimo is held only with velcro?

Yep.   Industrial Velcro.  Won't come off unless you hit something.  Even then, it's tethered.  I have probably 115 flights with it
2015-7-7
Use props
Eagle-ONE
lvl.3
United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-7-8 10:11
Yep.   Industrial Velcro.  Won't come off unless you hit something.  Even then, it's tethered.  I  ...

Oh ok Not with  the velcro provided with the trackimo
2015-7-7
Use props
jshamdas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1715308 ft
Hong Kong

How do you like this product???? Does it work well????
2015-7-7
Use props
Eagle-ONE
lvl.3
United States

jshamdas Posted at 2015-7-8 10:15
How do you like this product???? Does it work well????

so far Yes, I did a lot of research about GPS trackers, and Trackimo offered the best price, and the best Monthly plan.
I am not to happy with minimum of one minute tracking time I wish  be less, but I think is not to bad.
2015-7-7
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

I like it.   I have it set to one minute reports.  You can either use the app or online website to see all your routes.   It sets a point every minute on the route.   I have it tethered via an RC remote quick disconnect and used it also on my inspire when I had it.   It is also useful to put in my daughters pocket when we go to crowded areas.    I've had no problem in big city and farmland where I normally have cell phone service.
I haven't lost my drone but it's spot on as compared to where my drone is on the google map overview.  It even pegs my home address accurately when it's outside and seeing sats

2015-7-7
Use props
Eagle-ONE
lvl.3
United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-7-8 10:21
I like it.   I have it set to one minute reports.  You can either use the app or online website to s ...

Yes that is very good, Can be used on differents objets.
2015-7-7
Use props
flyingviking
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151693 ft
Canada

Trackimo is a great product. I used to have the Spot tracker but Trackimo is better. I use them on my motorcycle, boat and snowmobile.
2015-7-8
Use props
Eagle-ONE
lvl.3
United States

flyingviking Posted at 2015-7-8 19:17
Trackimo is a great product. I used to have the Spot tracker but Trackimo is better. I use them on m ...

Ok this is what I did, Gimbal guard on Titanium (thanks to my work Place lol)

IMG_1670.JPG
IMG_1671.JPG
2015-7-8
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

Nice.  I'm waiting for someone to come up with a Trackimo carrier so I can mount it to the side or front like the gimbal-guard guy does for the other tracker.  Gimbal-guard.com  he hasn't gotten back to me on a bracket for Trackimo.   There's no issue with video as is for me
2015-7-8
Use props
Zman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

Aren't you afraid that the metal will throw off the compass?
2015-7-8
Use props
Eagle-ONE
lvl.3
United States

Zman Posted at 2015-7-9 09:17
Aren't you afraid that the metal will throw off the compass?

Titanium is not magnetic,  also  some compasses are made from titanium
2015-7-8
Use props
Zman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

Eagle-ONE Posted at 2015-7-9 09:31
Titanium is not magnetic,  also  some compasses are made from titanium

I thought it was partly magnetic, just not as much as regular steel
2015-7-8
Use props
Eagle-ONE
lvl.3
United States

Zman Posted at 2015-7-9 09:58
I thought it was partly magnetic, just not as much as regular steel

I did some research and Titanium is classified as paramagnetic,  
I least i tested with a magnet and was not attractive at all,

2015-7-8
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Do rou have pix of your guard, I would be interested in purchasing one from you
2015-7-23
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

my trackimo and i have traveled 25k miles so far and it has been good, not great.  

1.  i flew to two different countries and the unit does not update/work in the new country.  It has stayed in Miami while I was four thousand miles away more than once.  Once i email tech support it works but according to them was working fine all along.  Except it wasn't on my phone app or website.  
2. it's usually not accurate while out of the US, unless you consider less than one kilometer accurate.  Stay in one place for a while and it can catch up, depending on the cell service of course.  See point number 1.  I'm sure it is based on the cell system and not Trackimo programming, but... check trackimo app each day before flying is my advice.  
3.  My Trackimo died a month ago while in the middle of a trip back east.  Died, dead, done.  I had to ship the old one to them and pay $30 for the six months air time i owned it and used it, but they sent me a new unit prepaid unit with 12 months remaining.  I give this a solid 7 or 8.  I now don't like the idea of flying without it mounted on my bird and wished they had replaced mine sooner, but it was okay.
4. Trackimo needs to offer a rapid replacement option.  I'd give them a $50 credit card charge to cover the unit if i don't ship it back to them.  But they should offer it.
5. ymmv
2015-7-23
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

Eagle-ONE Posted at 2015-7-9 01:55
Ok this is what I did, Gimbal guard on Titanium (thanks to my work Place lol)

sorry to resurrect a old ish thread but is there holes on the back of the trackimo for cable ties ? trying to work out how you connected the cable ties to the trackimo ? was thinking of attached mine to the centre of the gimbal guard with cable ties.

thanks
2016-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules