575 2 2021-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Have two jobs the past week i had to redo, due to photos being out of focus.
AF is on, and i get the green focus square and sound before taking the picture.
Using the Smartcontroller, all with the latest FW. Mavic 2 Pro.
Only think i could think of, is that the temperatures have been around -5 to -10c, but that has never been any problem before.

Could there be an issue with the internal elements in the lens?
Anyone else experienced this?
2021-2-3
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it were happening to me, the first thing to test out under similar climate conditions is a few shots with dual exposures. The 1st exposure on automatic focus and 2nd with manual focus. If all 3 or more shots vary in focus there is likely a hardware issue.

One possibility that comes to mind is whether you may have been shooting into the sun? This is known to cause variable outcomes in focus and exposure.
2021-2-4
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Marty Markoe Posted at 2-4 03:59
If it were happening to me, the first thing to test out under similar climate conditions is a few shots with dual exposures. The 1st exposure on automatic focus and 2nd with manual focus. If all 3 or more shots vary in focus there is likely a hardware issue.

One possibility that comes to mind is whether you may have been shooting into the sun? This is known to cause variable outcomes in focus and exposure.

Good sugestion.
No sun.
My tought is that the internal barrel ellements are a bit dry and binds to the wall under certain conditions.
Ive turned on focus peaking now, and half press twice before every picture to be sure.
2021-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules