Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone Volume
1556 6 2021-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clamb
Flight distance : 2142602 ft
United Kingdom

I got a DJI Mini 2 just before Christmas and while I love pretty much everything about the drone, the one question I have is “is it supposed to be as loud as it is?”

I’ve seen lots of reviews and videos online of people gushing about how quiet it is, however I’ve never been overly impressed with the noise levels, from new even at maximum AGL of 120meters I can still hear mine fine.

Is this about what others find or is it an issue with mine?

It's not like I'm using it for spying on anyone / anything, I’m just worried in case mine has an underlying issue with one of its motors or something that’s making it noisy and is perhaps going to come back and bite me at some point if it fails completely or if it’s expected to be able to hear it at 120m up still (with not the best hearing in the world at my age)

2021-2-4
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Clamb,

noise level is relative. If I compare the noise my mini2 produces considering my M2P, it is quiter.
It also depends on the environment and wind direction. When you are in a quiet environment, yes you will hear it 120m high. Reflecting sound between high concrete buildings and you will also hear more noise when the wind is blowing your way.

Actually, you should try to go and hear the drones of some other people to compare.

They aren't totally silent, wish they were.
2021-2-4
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Imo it’s the quietest one of all the drones. The mini one was louder
2021-2-13
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
Captain
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

I can also hear mine clearly at 120m. It's funny, although it's quieter than my M2Z, the Zoom seems quieter to me because the tone is lower (less 'swarm of bees').
2021-2-13
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

im going to go out on a limb here contrary to other posters and say, sure you can hear it, it's not silent.  but if you think your drone is "noisy" at 400 feet then your drone has a problem.
2021-2-13
Use props
ozoffi
First Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

"Quiet" is relative ... but because people keep talking about how quiet the Mini2 is and that you can hardly hear it - how loud are other drones then ?!
2021-2-14
Use props
jonny007
Captain
Germany

Keywords "mavic noise comparison" on Youtube shows many comparisons of different drones. What always is primarily found uncomfortable is the pitch. So the sound pressure can be the same with 2 drones, but one seems to be louder, even if that is ONLY the pitch, which is different and therefore more annoying (e.g. almost identical Mavic Pro Platinum <> Mavic Mini 1)
2021-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules