49691 411 2015-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eagle-ONE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

1111 Posted at 2015-7-22 09:20
Yes, they would replace it 8 weeks from now.  No thank you.  I fixed it myself and ordered a repla ...

I hear you" That sucks" on what place you order the shield ?
2015-7-21
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

Eagle-ONE Posted at 2015-7-22 08:06
Here is one more to the collection of cracks

That second crack is interesting, as it occurs on the outside of the hole which seems to be thicker. All the others like this have been on the thinner inside plastic. Are those screws very tight?

Not sure what you should do really. Get it repaired, at least, but you'll be waiting a while. or try and band-aid it yourself.

You could return it and wait for them to get on top of this issue, but who knows how long that could take. We still don't know what they are doing at the factory to address these issues. for the future.
2015-7-21
Use props
lvl.4

United States

Eagle-ONE Posted at 2015-7-22 09:32
I hear you" That sucks" on what place you order the shield ?

Adorama. And advexure.   
2015-7-21
Use props
Turdle
lvl.2

United States

fwickeha@hotmai Posted at 2015-7-17 00:36
Just saw this.  http://www.uavbits.net/store/p28/Strong_Arm_reinforcement_plate.html

Seems like a viable alternative. Anybody try this fix yet? Sure beats 8 weeks and the possibility of it happening again. The price is about what it would cost to ship your P3 back to DJI.
2015-7-21
Use props
Eagle-ONE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

1111 Posted at 2015-7-22 10:50
Adorama. And advexure.

Thanks" I will check
2015-7-22
Use props
aviin
lvl.1

United States

fwickeha@hotmai Posted at 2015-7-17 00:36
Just saw this.  http://www.uavbits.net/store/p28/Strong_Arm_reinforcement_plate.html

I'm ordering a P3P in about a week or so, and to help avoid a potential problem, I think I might order a set of these, too, and install before first flight.  Anyone care to hazard a guess as to how much weight this will add to the vehicle?  Minimal, I'm sure, but I'm curious.  Also, adding something like this isn't going to void the warranty, correct?
2015-7-25
Use props
zakiu
lvl.1

United States

My shell is starting to show cracks.  I fly aggressively when not shooting, quick turns, rapid ascent and descent.  When shooting I am smooth.  Never crashed, never hard-landed.  Never "hand-caught" (do you guys really do that?  lol).  I always land manually and take off automatically.  I've never had a hard landing.  I carry my P3P in the DJI Monsanto pack whenever it is being transported.  I have noticed that the pack is likely to put stress on the rotors vs. some of the other packs on the market.  Is anyone else using the soft backpack?

I reported to DJI 2 weeks ago when I noticed the first crack.  Now I am seeing a second crack in a separate rotor and a third crack beginning to develop in another.  I have not heard anything from them.
2015-7-27
Use props
fwickeha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

zakiu Posted at 2015-7-28 01:36
My shell is starting to show cracks.  I fly aggressively when not shooting, quick turns, rapid ascen ...

Here's what I heard from DJI NA upon their receipt of my P2V+ for warranty repair.
"The estimated time for normal RMAs to be processed at our facility is 6 weeks from the date your product was checked in. You will be emailed at several key points of repair, and we'd like to remind you of when that will happen:
•When your RMA is unpacked and checked into our ticket system
•If your RMA has been reviewed and will be a charged repair (ie: not under warranty - you will receive an invoice with this update)
•When your RMA has been repaired, flight tested, and packaged to be picked up by a carrier with a tracking number provided (you will receive a list of repairs done and parts replaced with this update)

If you do not have a tracking number provided by the end of the 6th week from when your product was checked-in, please call our Customer Service line for assistance. You can reach us Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm PST. If you call in or email for a status update before the end of the 6th week, the customer service representative will not be able to provide any further update than the information seen when you log into Zendesk and check the information on the right-hand side of the check-in/repair ticket

We hope to have your product back soon and thank you for your support of DJI.

DJI Customer Service North America"
2015-7-28
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

fwickeha@hotmai Posted at 2015-7-29 06:01
Here's what I heard from DJI NA upon their receipt of my P2V+ for warranty repair.
"The estimated  ...

So you can figure two months minimum for a repair to take place. Any idea as to how long the time frame is from delivery until DJI receives it into the Zendesk system?

One would think that with the age of the bar code that they would include that as part of the RMA, so that if you followed directions about applying the RMA on the outside of the box as well as we'll say to the body of the Phantom or Inspire, that they could cut the check in time down dramatically. Shouldn't take more than two days from receipt to checked into their system.
2015-7-28
Use props
fwickeha
lvl.4

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-7-29 08:58
So you can figure two months minimum for a repair to take place. Any idea as to how long the time  ...

My P2V+ was delivered to DJI NA by UPS on July 15 at 10:57 AM.  No email yet to advise "When your RMA is unpacked and checked into our ticket system"
of course, that was only a little over 13 days ago.
2015-7-28
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

I think the Phantom 3 construction is solid. I wonder if anyone have had any minor plastic crack develop into a structural failure? I doubt it - not without some serious crashing
2015-7-28
Use props
PerlanSwed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1086257 ft
Sweden

FantomDK how many hours and flights do you have on your P3?
I feel that we should have a open mindset about this question of crack on the P3.
Sure there are some people that try to claim after crashing that the crack have nothing to do with a crash.
But we can also read about pilots of P3 that never had a accident and still crack is showing up.
I would like to hear from P3 owner with crack in the hull and with their 8 original stock props in mint condition?
My P3P have done 58 flights now, no crashes and no visible cracks but one of the hole could be a candidate for a future crack.
2015-7-29
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Fantom, BS on your theory. Go check out my post from today. I had cracks on 6 out of 8 screw holes on the middle arm location. After super glue it was solid and still is. Except that yesterday I noticed wobbling on descent. I go to check and while the repair was still holding, new stress cracks showed up on two locations, opposing arms, linking two motor mount screw holes thereby allowing for extreme side to side movement of the corresponding motor. Nasty. I spent most of last night carefully gluing this and I will test it in an hour. Crashes? Never had one on any phantom since phantom 1. My flight logs are freely available share one can check for a crash or rough landing. Not one trace of either and I hand catch every time. I have never once experienced any firmware issue from a ohantom. Be it 1, 2 or 3. But have had cracks on every single one. No I'm not the 150 meter distance, 20 meter altitude flyer. I fly at 100 meters and go one to two km. Maybe the phantom shell isn't designed for this even though the electronics are. If that's the case, then this should be mentioned in the sales materials and instructions.
2015-7-29
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-7-29 13:14
I think the Phantom 3 construction is solid. I wonder if anyone have had any minor plastic crack dev ...

look ... design of those houses is ok ... those are solid but they use cow crap to build those  ;)

same is with P3 ... yeap whole shell is ok but those small design details are failing together with crappy plastic used
2015-7-29
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

United States

PerlanSwed Posted at 2015-7-29 16:12
I feel that we should have a open minds ...

I have exactly the same situation,
I mean I can see that some of P3 users are confident that all is ok ... like I was but those cracks will show up sooner or later ...
2015-7-29
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

31 hours on the P3Pro, 137 flights.  Many more on my old P2V+.

I'll go have a closer look.
2015-7-29
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

musman1978 Posted at 2015-7-29 17:27
I have exactly the same situation,
I mean I can see that some of P3 users are confident that all i ...

Heck, I thought I was free from cracks forever after gluing the top to bottom of the arms. It worked and still works and now come these motor mount cracks. I'm getting tired of this crap. If what it takes is Mickey Mouse flights of ten to twenty meters altitude and less than three hundred on distance in order to not overstress the shell, then I could just use my mini quad. I bought this phantom 3 for far and high but the shell is not up to the capabilities of the internals. I love the design and form factor. It's compact and looks good and kudos to DJI and not give in to trends while keeping the form a-la-Rolex submariner/Porsche 911. But damn it, improve the plastic thickness and quality already. I want to concentrate on flying and not become a master super gluer.
2015-7-29
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-10 08:18
gregg
Read back  on some of my posts on the other cracking threads, that is exactly the 2 fixes I  ...

Anybody with a 3d printer contact you yet,  with regards to printing and selling a fix?
2015-7-29
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

CaveDrone Posted at 2015-7-29 19:40
Anybody with a 3d printer contact you yet,  with regards to printing and selling a fix?

Nope No replies ,  I dont know how difficult it would be to layout the design to print
2015-7-29
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

CaveDrone Posted at 2015-7-29 19:40

Here is a link that is posted above this design is very close to what I was thinking, I think these would work, Looks as though you could glue them also in addition to the bolts, These look like a viable solution.
http://www.uavbits.net/store/p28 ... orcement_plate.html
2015-7-29
Use props
lev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 447963 ft
Bulgaria

DJI start selling officially a new body for $89. Why I need to pay $300 to deliver cracked Phantom back and wait for 2 months if they can send me new body for free?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=EJ2YIEA74K6EJZOE
Why are they not offering this solution for people who have a problem with their product?

2015-7-29
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-29 21:01
Here is a link that is posted above this design is very close to what I was thinking, I think thes ...

Thanks, mtnmaddman, it looks like it might do the job,  I don't have cracks yet,  an ounce of prevention=pound of cure or something like that LOL  
2015-7-29
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

lev Posted at 2015-7-30 03:47
DJI start selling officially a new body for $89. Why I need to pay $300 to deliver cracked Phantom b ...

why would you want to pay 89 bucks for another defective shell that will likely crack,  I wouldn't spend money to see if I could duplicate the problem that I already have.  Now if DJI were to address the problem and redesign the shell to eliminate the cracking  I would buy one. (a P3) But remember the P2 had cracking and dji never addressed the problem, I don't think they even acknowledged it as a problem, or they would have addressed it, and the P3 would have never cracked.  I suggest you buy the fix that is advertised above., and forget about it.  I sent my P3 back and bought an Inspire.
2015-7-29
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

CaveDrone Posted at 2015-7-30 05:21
Thanks, mtnmaddman, it looks like it might do the job,  I don't have cracks yet,  an ounce of prev ...

Yeah I would get them now, I don't think I would glue them if your not cracked and then wait and see what happens, see if the fix will prevent cracking.  Those are exactly the design I posted a month ago, except I would not have left the screw on the end, of the arms, out of the fix.
2015-7-29
Use props
aviin
lvl.1

United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-30 08:32
Yeah I would get them now, I don't think I would glue them if your not cracked and then wait and s ...

I've already ordered them and will install before the maiden flight of my P3.  I haven't ordered the P3 itself yet (tomorrow for that), but I'm hoping to be flying next week.  I'll try to remember to pull them off after a few weeks and post back here with what I find (let's hope what I see at that time still looks mint).  I'm wondering about something related to that fix, though (and forgive my ignorance; as I said, I don't have the P3 itself yet).  It seems to me that this fix will prevent the use of prop guards.  Am I wrong about that?
2015-7-29
Use props
bikkelrealg2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481175 ft
Netherlands

aviin Posted at 2015-7-30 09:11
I've already ordered them and will install before the maiden flight of my P3.  I haven't ordered t ...

I found this on my P3A,flight time about 3 hours do i need to worry?

20150730_023821.jpg
2015-7-29
Use props
reinhardfreh
lvl.2

Austria

bikkelrealg2 Posted at 2015-7-30 09:27

mine was the same, after around 30 flights without crashes i had the cracks. One was visible. After i removed the shell i found a second crack on the other rear arm.  I repaired my cracks with the Bondic method.
2015-7-30
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
United States

mmmm..  I don't see a crack, maybe I am crazy.   Can you circle on your picture the area in question?
2015-7-30
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-30 08:32
Yeah I would get them now, I don't think I would glue them if your not cracked and then wait and s ...

Sounds like a plan, man.    Will do!
2015-7-30
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I have seen two P3s in person now, first one was my old and the 2nd is the one that DJI swapped for my old one now. Both had this mark on your picture in one screwhole so i believe this is a mold defect and probably most P3s have that. That could be a future crack however what concernes me is that i read and saw pictures of P3s here with cracks on other places, not only the scewholes. The thing is you could probably run into trouble when you want to sell your P3 in the future. I would love to buy an Inspire and sell my P3 before it gets cracks but its still to expansive for just for fun filming, i hope they reduce the price of that thing to maybe 2000 Euro or maybe they come with a quad in between the inspire and P3 without plastic.

2015-7-30
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I believe this is a molding error because i saw two P3s in person now and both had this and always on one screwhole, i cant remember if it was on the same screwhole.
2015-7-30
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

It does effect stability of the aircraft during flight and especially on faster descents (turbulence).  I have cracks both rear arm screw tunnels that developed into holes in the screw tunnels.  10 hrs and 60 flights never crash spirited flying
2015-7-30
Use props
batur.etker
New

Turkey

I have same problem and dont know what to do. In Turkey there is no offical repair service and i think this stress crack are common problem. I had phantom 2 v+ and had no problem like this.
20150730_195545_resized.jpg
2015-7-30
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

batur.etker@gma Posted at 2015-7-31 02:55
I have same problem and dont know what to do. In Turkey there is no offical repair service and i thi ...

Get that aftermarket repair  kit posted above they should cure your problem
2015-7-30
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

chrisfromalbany Posted at 2015-7-30 23:34
It does effect stability of the aircraft during flight and especially on faster descents (turbulence ...

You will find that the motors are not solid now, the rocking, twisting and cracks, in the 2 screw holes will eventually get to the third screw on the end, I suggest the repair kit mentioned above.
2015-7-30
Use props
fwickeha
lvl.4

United States

fwickeha@hotmai Posted at 2015-7-29 10:15
My P2V+ was delivered to DJI NA by UPS on July 15 at 10:57 AM.  No email yet to advise "When your  ...

Heard from DJI NA today.  "package has been received and is now checked into our software"
Now the 6 week count begins.
2015-7-30
Use props
redline
lvl.1

Germany

Same with my 2 weeks old Phantom 3.
1hour and 40 minutes fligh time ....

2015-7-31
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

redline Posted at 2015-8-1 00:14
Same with my 2 weeks old Phantom 3.
1hour and 40 minutes fligh time ....

That's a good looking crack. Welcome to the club. I wonder when exactly your Phantom was manufactured, as it would indicate they've not made any changes to their processes.

I see the cracking percentage has remained pretty constant at 25-28% of the voted users.
2015-8-1
Use props
fredsheldon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29193 ft
United States

For now just tie wrap your arms and you should be good to go.
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... /page-2#post-448278
2015-8-2
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

Poland

fredsheldon@aol Posted at 2015-8-2 21:56
For now just tie wrap your arms and you should be good to go.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/s ...

yeap I can confirm,
I have already one crack but after this wrapping action I can see that crack is not opening,

Br,
2015-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules