Mini 2 "RC NOT CONNECTED TO MOBILE" SOLVED
12563 12 2021-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
delf67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379449 ft
United Kingdom

I'm posting this for other peoples info because I just wasted over 18 hours of my life searching forums, and came within seconds of spending £100 on a second-hand Pixel 2XL that I don't need!

I've seen many people with this problem across multiple DJI models and haven't seen my solution mentioned once.

I've been hankering after a Mavic Mini for over a year now and have not been able to justify the expense. I bought an £80 GPS drone last Christmas, but the streamed video gets laggier and laggier until it freezes completely, and the video quality is rubbish anyway so I've given up flying it.

So, in the early hours of Sunday morning I was surfing the net, as you do, and I discovered the Mini 2! One thing led to another an I ended up buying one from Argos.
[Later] Sunday morning I collected it and charged it all up. I downloaded the app and tried to connect everything, but kept getting 'RC Not Connected to mobile device' error mesage. The RC was charging the phone, but the app on the phone couldn't see the RC.

I am using a Xiaomi MI A2 lite, which spec-wise should run DJI Fly fine, but it's not specifically on the supported list and I couldn't find anyone on any forums flying with it.

I searched and searched and searched (I know we've all been there). Just before commiting to buy the Pixel off ebay I tried the hundredth attempt at connecting the RC and phone. I noticed it was now starting to charge, but then stopping after a few seconds then starting again repeatedly - something a lot of other people have also seem to have mentioned.

The power pins on USB connectors are slightly longer than the data pins (so the power connects first when you 'hot plug' a device), and I wondered if the plug wasn't seating far enough in to the micro USB. I got a very thin, pointy splinter of hardwood ( I didn't want to used anything conductive) and dug out a small amount of fluff. It didn't look enough make a difference but I tried again. It still wouln't connect, but stayed charging this time. I tried digging again, and really dug into the tiny gap beside the piece of plastic that sticks up in the middle of the micro USB. I got a bit more fluff out and tried again, not expecting any difference.......... It connected straight away and is working absolutely fine now!

I've plugged and unplugged multiple times, expecting the error to re-appear, but so far so good.

The USB lead I use to connect my phone to my laptop always worked fine (which was why it took me so long to consider poking around in the socket). I think the contacts in the DJI supplied leads are slightly shorter than standard USB plugs, so are prone to suffering from this issue.

The only plroblem I have now is that it's dark outside, so I can't do my first flight until morning!!!
2021-2-8
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Glad you figured it out. Not quite sure on your description. Wondering if the cable was old and worn out.
Is it possible the colar on the plug could be trimmed so it goes into the plug farther.
Do you have a case on your phone. I had problems that the case wouldn't let the plug go in far enough because the dust flap wouldn't let it go in far enough.
Doug

2021-2-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there delf67. Thank you for reaching out and it is great to know that you have fixed the said issue. If you have any other issue or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2021-2-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent result. Many tablets and particularly I phones are prone to fluff and tissue in the port. If I had a pound for everyone I have told to clean out their port with a cocktail stick I would have a few quid in my pocket. Many people also look in the port and say it is clear but it is not as the action of plugging in and out compacts fluff and tissue etc and makes a little hard restriction and sometimes you need to dig quite hard to get it out.
2021-2-8
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

I had exactly the same problem on 4 different Android devices and an iPhone 6S with all three connection cables (USB-C, Micro-USB, Lightning)! Even cleaning the ports on the device was unsuccessful (there was actually nothing to clean ...).
Ultimately what the remote was defective - the DJI MINi2 Combo was replaced and then the connection with an iPhone 6S worked immediately. Since Android APP 1.2.4, my LG G7 ThinQ and my Samsung Galaxy Tablet 6S now also work (both devices are not on the list of recommended Android devices).
2021-2-8
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Welcome to the Mini 2 flyers club! Hope all goes well and safe flying!
2021-2-8
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Awesome that you figured it out..Thank you for sharing with us
2021-2-13
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

I use a can of compressed air to blow the dust out of micro-usb or usb-c outlets.
2021-2-14
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Glad you got it figured out, Install 1.2.4 before you fly ( need to download from DJI) update everything else, calibrate and have some fun!
2021-2-16
Use props
phillby
lvl.1

France

Having no good news, my magical Mini 2 will be flying back on Monday directly to Amazon to be replaced by a brand new Parrot which does not seems to get such bad problems... Bye Bye DJI
2022-1-13
Use props
rhysofen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Like many others, I've been having difficulties connecting and after exhausting all other options of reinstalling, rolling back versions etc. I gave this a go. Worked immediately. Also, the charger for my phone is also now working properly and not intermittently as it was before...

Many thanks for the tip!
2022-3-24
Use props
Quorp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16296 ft
Netherlands

Too bad, didn't work for me...

I've been flying the Mini2 a few times without any problems but haven't been doing so for about half a year. Now restarting, I charged all batteries (fly more combo) and updated the firmware of the controller and the Mini2 (using the DJI Assistant 2 Consumer Drone app), and updated to the latest version of the DJI Fly app, I'm getting the 'RC not connected' message in the app. The Mini2 does pair with RC and I can fly with it, but the app shows no information at all, not even battery status.

Controller firmware : V04.11.0034
Mini 2 firmware: V01.05.0000
App version: 1.7.0

Mobile devices: Blackview BV9900 Pro (Android 10)  and a Mi Pad 4 (Android 8.1), both ran without any problems half a year ago.

I also changed the cable between the rc and the mobile device, without any luck. It does look like the mobile device is not charged by the rc, but since the option is now missing in the app, I cannot tell if it should be charging or not. Taking out the SD card and formatting it didn't help either, so I'm kind of stuck now.

Please advice.
2022-9-2
Use props
Quorp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16296 ft
United Kingdom

Quorp Posted at 9-2 08:07
Too bad, didn't work for me...

I've been flying the Mini2 a few times without any problems but haven't been doing so for about half a year. Now restarting, I charged all batteries (fly more combo) and updated the firmware of the controller and the Mini2 (using the DJI Assistant 2 Consumer Drone app), and updated to the latest version of the DJI Fly app, I'm getting the 'RC not connected' message in the app. The Mini2 does pair with RC and I can fly with it, but the app shows no information at all, not even battery status.

Mods, please delete this post since it is posted in a 'Solved' thread.
I've moved it to https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=274200 and hope it will be answered there.
2022-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules