Give Dji a break
1024 11 2015-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daniel.frederik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10656 ft
New Zealand

A drone is only as stable as the discreet components that it's comprised of.    I almost sympathize for Dji as they can be held responsible if just one out of thousands of transistors or ICs, that Dji didn't make, fails because of a manufacturing imperfection and this is all it might take to cause a crash.  We chose to fly these drones which is inherently risky and if there's a problem it's all too natural to blame someone else and suggest it's a warranty issue; who knows, they might give you the benefit of the doubt.
I suspect most of the problems we have are of our doing and I wonder if it's fair to demand that Dji finance an international service operation on permanent standby to clean up after our mistakes.

More over our carelessness must seriously clog a system meant for genuine warranty issues.

Give Dji some credit:  they support this very open forum, in which they are often criticized, in the interest of some benefit reaching their customers... and it does.

I am not an investor.

2015-7-8
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Well said Daniel!   I agree, I would hate to be in DJI's shoes.  They make something great and 90% of the feedback that comes back is in the form of a complaint.

My Inspire has worked perfectly since day 1 and I love it!

I also have no financial stake in DJI.
2015-7-9
Use props
daniel.frederik
lvl.2
New Zealand

Cheers Jim. My first flight ended in a prang; I only meant to watch it hover a meter from the ground ib
2015-7-9
Use props
daniel.frederik
lvl.2
New Zealand

Doh! I meant to say I aimed to merely watch my bird hover in my patio a meter from the ground and marvel at it's stability but it drifted two meters left into a bush! No harm done just two new props were required, fortunately Dji supplied me with spares.  The manuals says fly in a wide open space initially and while i didnt intend to fly I still should've followed their advice.
2015-7-9
Use props
leif.pensar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336903 ft
Sweden

As always people tend to get on the forums when they have problems, no matter what. So the majority of all users don't even bother to search for information or use the forums, they are out flying and having a good time instead. Worth to remember as I'm sure DJI has sold a lot more Inspire than the population of this forum.
2015-7-9
Use props
daniel.frederik
lvl.2
New Zealand

I would estimate they've sold many thousands .....wouldn't you like to know exactly what the number is
2015-7-9
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

And with continuous updates and anticipated automated flights etc. the Inspire platform can only get better.

I also commend the DJI moderators on the forum as they have passed on whatever information they have, tried to keep us all updated and passed on their own flight experiences.

This forum is a wealth of information with members willing to provide feedback and assistance to everyone, which is what good forums are all about.
2015-7-9
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

I too have said many times that I admire the capabilities of my Inspire and have had wonderful experiences and success flying this awesome AC. The only negatives I have posted are related to the service side and lack of communication thereof. While my AC is off for motor repairs, I picked up a P3P and can say it is ok as a backup, but I miss my airborne Ferrari.
2015-7-9
Use props
_Carlo
lvl.4

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-7-9 18:38
And with continuous updates and anticipated automated flights etc. the Inspire platform can only get ...

@GB44

Well Said, I have seen the development of DJI from time of release to dated product, they seem all to work right out of the BOX and get Better with age just like a fine wine.
2015-7-9
Use props
_Carlo
lvl.4

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-7-9 18:38
And with continuous updates and anticipated automated flights etc. the Inspire platform can only get ...

@GB44

Well Said, I have seen the development of DJI from time of release to dated product, they seem all to work right out of the BOX and get Better with age just like a fine wine.
2015-7-9
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

Dji Support LA (phone Support) has improve. I called yesterday past 9 Am and after following th phone instructions, i thought I was going to be on hold for over 30 min and to my surprise they Immediately picked up the phone. So i can assume that they have more people working in the facility. Unfortunately after   getting my drone from repair after a flyaway there was some weird message saying that the battery power to the center board failed. After i got it to work i called DJI to make sure that it was safe to fly as there was another message saying that I Should contact DJI support for repair. I explained my situation and express my concern on waiting another 6 plus weeks for my drone to come back from a 2nd repair, they offer me an expedited repair of a 1 week turn around with shipping. I am excited to know that I wont be without my inspire 1 for to long an a Senior technician will be looking to see why i have experience so many issues.  I know that many of us have complained but DJI seems to be catching up to costumers demand. Thanks DJI

2015-7-9
Use props
daniel.frederik
lvl.2
New Zealand

And thanks JKT for your positive post
2015-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules