Updated Firmware on RS 2. Where is Orbit Follow?
4999 6 2021-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi All:
Just updated my Ronin RS 2 with version v01.03.00.50 and RavenEye v01.02.00.20 using iOS App 1.4.6.  Firmware updated as expected.  However, I am unable to find Orbit Follow in any of my Follow Modes.

I have the following Follow Modes on my app and RS 2: PF, PTF, FPV, Custom, 3D Roll 360, and Portrait.  But no Orbit Follow.

Where is Orbit Follow hiding?

Sincerely,

Don Barar
2021-2-10
Use props
fans2fec9d24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136115 ft
Ireland

On my one it's a slide to the right, under silent mode and above push follow, it's a toggle switch.. what it actually does is another question!!
2021-2-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, please slide left on the built-in touch screen and you will find the Orbit Follow between the Slide Mode and Push Follow. Thanks
2021-2-12
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi Wanda and Fans:

Found it.  Thank you.

I understand what an orbit shot is.  But I anticipated "Orbit Follow" just to be another follow mode.

For the two months I have owned my RS 2 (before firmware .50) I found the best way to accomplish an orbit shot was to launch Active Track and select the object I am attempting to orbit around.  Worked well.  So I am assuming that  "Orbit Follow" will offer improved orbit videos around an object without the need for Active Track.  Is this correct?

Don

2021-2-12
Use props
Veluuria
lvl.2
Netherlands

great question - still waiting for an answer.  What does Orbit Follow do? how can I tell the difference?
2021-3-31
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Veluuria Posted at 3-31 04:23
great question - still waiting for an answer.  What does Orbit Follow do? how can I tell the difference?

It supposedly improves smoothness when orbiting around an object.  As DJI wrote on another thread that "amount of improvement  is highly dependent on technique".  I can't tell the difference--nor sure if my technique is really good or orbit follow does not make much difference.

RS2 is already a significant improvement with orbit shots (with or without orbit follow) in comparison to RS and RSC.

Don
2021-3-31
Use props
acrew
lvl.1

Italy

Definitely impossible to recognise difference between orbit mode on or off, but with all that lag of the DJI gimbals on pan axis is almost impossible to do it well, i can do it much better with an old Pilotfly (Alexmos) gimbal which has noticeable less lag, almost nothing compared to DJI!
2022-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules