Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fly App 1.2.5 ?
1802 12 2021-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJWacko
First Officer
Flight distance : 126729 ft
Australia

Does any one have the fly  app 1.2.5 on android yet? I have it on my iPad but I use my android phone to fly with. Can't seem to find it on the DJI website .
2021-2-12
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

To be honest, I think 1.2.5 came out first on Android...before IOS got it.  I know a lot of Android people had it...maybe 6-7 days before it came out for IOS.  Maybe they had Beta versions or something.  Maybe I'm thinking of 1.2.4.....
2021-2-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, DJWacko. Thanks for reaching out! DJI Fly v.1.2.5 is only available to iOS OS at the time being and for Android OS, that should be v1.2.4. Please be advised that the version number for either iOS and Android OS may not be similar most of the time due to frequent revisions and changes to improve the application but most of their functions should be similar.
2021-2-12
Use props
DJWacko
First Officer
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-12 23:27
Hi, DJWacko. Thanks for reaching out! DJI Fly v.1.2.5 is only available to iOS OS at the time being and for Android OS, that should be v1.2.4. Please be advised that the version number for either iOS and Android OS may not be similar most of the time due to frequent revisions and changes to improve the application but most of their functions should be similar.

Hi DJI Gamora, thanks for replying, I have 1.2.4 on my android phone but why isn’t 1.2.5 available for android ? Is this going to be a continuing issue with android devices? It seems that iOS devices have priority when it comes to updates . Not everyone can afford a new iPhone . Please explain.
2021-2-13
Use props
beermat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 615958 ft
United States

DJWacko Posted at 2-13 03:05
Hi DJI Gamora, thanks for replying, I have 1.2.4 on my android phone but why isn’t 1.2.5 available for android ? Is this going to be a continuing issue with android devices? It seems that iOS devices have priority when it comes to updates . Not everyone can afford a new iPhone . Please explain.

I wouldn't automatically assume a version bump on iOS includes new features that are deliberately being "held back" from Android users.  Due to the vast differences between developing for Android and iOS, it's entirely possible there was a bug in the iOS version that wouldn't be present in the Android version and so the iOS app required a fix and a version bump to roll it out to iOS users only, as they are the only ones affected. The release notes for 1.2.5 say "Fixes certain issues and improves overall app stability and user experience" which, while reasonably generic, indicate it is more of a maintenance release to make things already present work, rather than add new features.
2021-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DJWacko Posted at 2-13 03:05
Hi DJI Gamora, thanks for replying, I have 1.2.4 on my android phone but why isn’t 1.2.5 available for android ? Is this going to be a continuing issue with android devices? It seems that iOS devices have priority when it comes to updates . Not everyone can afford a new iPhone . Please explain.

There are no priorities when it comes down to updates. The current version of the DJI Fly for both Android and iOS OS do have similar functions. The release of v1.2.5 for iOS was to address certain issues that need to be fixed that would improve overall app stability and user experience.
2021-2-13
Use props
DJWacko
First Officer
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 04:47
There are no priorities when it comes down to updates. The current version of the DJI Fly for both Android and iOS OS do have similar functions. The release of v1.2.5 for iOS was to address certain issues that need to be fixed that would improve overall app stability and user experience.

Thanks for explaining DJI Gamora , I appreciate your reply .
2021-2-13
Use props
DJWacko
First Officer
Australia

beermat Posted at 2-13 04:39
I wouldn't automatically assume a version bump on iOS includes new features that are deliberately being "held back" from Android users.  Due to the vast differences between developing for Android and iOS, it's entirely possible there was a bug in the iOS version that wouldn't be present in the Android version and so the iOS app required a fix and a version bump to roll it out to iOS users only, as they are the only ones affected. The release notes for 1.2.5 say "Fixes certain issues and improves overall app stability and user experience" which, while reasonably generic, indicate it is more of a maintenance release to make things already present work, rather than add new features.

I can see where your coming from about being an issue with iOS . Why wouldn’t they just fix the current version for iOS . I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if there any different features in 1.2.5 . As it says , improves overall app stability and user experience..  I'm sure I'm not alone in this but I would appreciate having the same user experience as someone using iOS .
2021-2-13
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJWacko Posted at 2-13 14:23
I can see where your coming from about being an issue with iOS . Why wouldn’t they just fix the current version for iOS . I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if there any different features in 1.2.5 . As it says , improves overall app stability and user experience..  I'm sure I'm not alone in this but I would appreciate having the same user experience as someone using iOS .

Who says you don’t have the same user experience?  As others have said maybe there was a problem on the iOS app that didn’t exist on the Android version.  So maybe you had a better experience on Android than iOS users had for a while.  

Chill out, enjoy what you got and don’t take such minor details so seriously.  
2021-2-13
Use props
DJWacko
First Officer
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 2-13 18:44
Who says you don’t have the same user experience?  As others have said maybe there was a problem on the iOS app that didn’t exist on the Android version.  So maybe you had a better experience on Android than iOS users had for a while.  

Chill out, enjoy what you got and don’t take such minor details so seriously.

What , are you saying that I do have the same user experience  ? How would you know ?  I think you need to chill out matey.  Maybe think about what you say before you open your mouth,make sure you have all the facts. Do you reckon you can do that? I do enjoy flying my DJI drones !! And I’m an Aussie, I’m the most chilled out person around, except when some wanker comments about something he obviously knows nothing about. What I said was , each platform either iOS or android should have the same upgrades!! Not to much to ask really. Thanks for your very knowledgeable comment CAPTAIN. Pfffff.
2021-2-13
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJWacko Posted at 2-13 19:45
What , are you saying that I do have the same user experience  ? How would you know ?  I think you need to chill out matey.  Maybe think about what you say before you open your mouth,make sure you have all the facts. Do you reckon you can do that? I do enjoy flying my DJI drones !! And I’m an Aussie, I’m the most chilled out person around, except when some wanker comments about something he obviously knows nothing about. What I said was , each platform either iOS or android should have the same upgrades!! Not to much to ask really. Thanks for your very knowledgeable comment CAPTAIN. Pfffff.

Right, there you go assuming again that you have a worse experience on Android and you don’t have everything available in the latest version on iOS.  There just is no evidence of that.  DJI actually does a really good job of keeping the two platforms quite even with each other.  But they are two different platforms, so nothing is ever going to be perfect.

I’m really not trying to offend here, just saying there are much bigger things in this world to be worried about than this non issue with a difference between 1.2.4 and 1.2.5.  I hope you are enjoying your summer!  We are at the height of winter in the US this week!
2021-2-14
Use props
Cients
First Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
United States

I think that DJI didn't invest on 1.2.5 to Android. We have to wait a little bit more...
2021-2-14
Use props
DJWacko
First Officer
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 2-14 07:10
Right, there you go assuming again that you have a worse experience on Android and you don’t have everything available in the latest version on iOS.  There just is no evidence of that.  DJI actually does a really good job of keeping the two platforms quite even with each other.  But they are two different platforms, so nothing is ever going to be perfect.

I’m really not trying to offend here, just saying there are much bigger things in this world to be worried about than this non issue with a difference between 1.2.4 and 1.2.5.  I hope you are enjoying your summer!  We are at the height of winter in in the US this week!

Yes I agree with you that there is a lot more to worry about than DJI not bringing out updates at the same time. Hope you stay safe and well over there . You guys have had it tough lately.
2021-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules