Two wireless mics?
7804 13 2021-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe50abf2
lvl.1

United States

Is it possible for two DJI wireless mics to connect to the Pocket 2 at the same time? For instance while interviewing and recording a two person discussion.
2021-2-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

From previous answers to this question, the answer is no.
2021-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fansfe50abf2. Thanks for reaching out! We appreciate your inquiry but unfortunately, this option is currently not supported. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2021-2-16
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would it work with the mic adapter, developed for Pocket 1 and a Rode Wireless Go II setup? I have been wondering the same thing.

I have also wondered if the handle Rode or Small Rog developed to put the wirelss mic on for interviewing works with ethe Pocmet 2 wireless mic?
2021-3-31
Use props
Andregsa
New

Canada

Would be nice if while you are using the wireless mic, we can also activate the internal mic in the Pocket 2. Thus, we can record the voice from the person that is holding the device and also the voice from the person that is using the wireless mic ( if they are in a certain distance from each other).
2021-9-19
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Andregsa Posted at 9-19 08:23
Would be nice if while you are using the wireless mic, we can also activate the internal mic in the Pocket 2. Thus, we can record the voice from the person that is holding the device and also the voice from the person that is using the wireless mic ( if they are in a certain distance from each other).

This certainly could come handy when doing interview videos and if there's no need for the interviewer to be seen on the video.

As for having two wireless mics and two people using them in front of the camera, I guess Rode Wireless Go II would be your best bet. Not sure though if it would work by attaching the system to Pocket 2's wireless microphone transmitter or the DIA-handle's 3,5mm audio port, or if you would need to use the USB-C connector with the Osmo Pocket 1's audio adapter. I have heard contradicting statements about the possible interference caused by the wireless connection between the Pocket 2 DIA-Handle and the wireless microphone. Some say those would interfere with the Rode's wireless connections, but some say it works perfectly fine. Can't say for myself as I currently have no experience about the Rode, although I have been considering for one.
2021-9-19
Use props
LalOpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220600 ft
Peru

ello, I asked support and they told me yes, as long as we have the do at all handle connected.

I have tried connecting the dji microphone for the pocket2 and a synco g1 receiver to the 3.5 mm port, the Dji microphone is heard above all else, the only solution to have 2 microphones that I have tried so far is, Connect the microphones to the 3.5 port mm and not use the DJI microphone, or use the DJI microphone, but connect the wireless microphone to the dji microphone through the 3.5mm input on the top.
2023-1-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Went with the DJI Mic myself. While it is a tad hassle with the Pocket 2 due to needing a separate audio cable and a mount solution for the receiver, it enables a 2-mic solution and is technically fine. Got the PGYtech dataport to action cam/coldshoe adapter to solve the mount issue, but it's not a completely ideal solution due to the shoe adapter being too loose for the mic receiver and the DJI Mic not having a tightening screw for it. But stays in place when adding something between the adapter and the receiver.
2023-1-4
Use props
ChazWinter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15262 ft
United States

LalOpilot Posted at 1-1 08:49
ello, I asked support and they told me yes, as long as we have the do at all handle connected.

I have tried connecting the dji microphone for the pocket2 and a synco g1 receiver to the 3.5 mm port, the Dji microphone is heard above all else, the only solution to have 2 microphones that I have tried so far is, Connect the microphones to the 3.5 port mm and not use the DJI microphone, or use the DJI microphone, but connect the wireless microphone to the dji microphone through the 3.5mm input on the top.

I came from a google search looking for a way to connect two mics. It looks like you found a solution, but I don't understand this post at all.
"and not use the DJI microphone, or use the DJI microphone,"
What does that mean?

Can someone clarify what this person is trying to say?
2023-8-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

ChazWinter Posted at 8-16 07:07
I came from a google search looking for a way to connect two mics. It looks like you found a solution, but I don't understand this post at all.
"and not use the DJI microphone, or use the DJI microphone,"
What does that mean?

I assume he means that either:
A) connect another microphone to the DIA Handle's 3,5mm port and leave the Pocket 2 wireless mic completely out of the setup, or
B) Use the Pocket 2 wireless mic, but instead of using it's own microphone input, connect an external microphone to the transmitter's 3,5mm port.

The quote is only a middle part of a two-part sentence, the first option being described in the part of the sentence before the word "or" and the latter after the word.
2023-8-18
Use props
ChazWinter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15262 ft
United States

You and I have very different definitions of a "two part sentence." Legend has it that sentence is still running on to this day

Thanks for the snark, Captain.
2023-11-29
Use props
David W6OOD
New

United States

HGDC84 Posted at 2023-8-18 12:38
I assume he means that either:
A) connect another microphone to the DIA Handle's 3,5mm port and leave the Pocket 2 wireless mic completely out of the setup, or
B) Use the Pocket 2 wireless mic, but instead of using it's own microphone input, connect an external microphone to the transmitter's 3,5mm port.

When this “wired audio input” to the wireless transmitter or “bottom plug” method is used, will the two channels be discrete and be separately recorded?  It would be a benefit either way but discrete is better.
2-10 20:13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

ChazWinter Posted at 2023-11-29 09:00
You and I have very different definitions of a "two part sentence." Legend has it that sentence is still running on to this day

Thanks for the snark, Captain.

We may have different definitions on that, but I hope you found the answer you were looking for anyway.
2-11 04:36
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

David W6OOD Posted at 2-10 20:13
When this “wired audio input” to the wireless transmitter or “bottom plug” method is used, will the two channels be discrete and be separately recorded?  It would be a benefit either way but discrete is better.

I think it depends on the microphone and the settings used. I know for sure that if a DJI Mic Mark 1 is used by connecting the receiver with a TRS audio cable to the DIA Handle's 3,5mm port (or the Osmo Pocket 3,5mm to USB-C adapter) and the channel mode is set to Stereo on both the DJI Mic receiver and Pocket 2 settings, then the left and right audio channels will be recorded separately. I'll have to admit I am not entirely sure if the Pocket 2's own wireless mic unit supports stereo recording in it's 3,5mm port or if that will be mono only. Can't say how it is with other wireless microphone units though (although I do believe that the DJI Mic 2 would act in a very similar manner).
2-11 04:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules