Used Mavic 2 Pro.
1207 5 2021-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aoxelborn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 863 ft

Sweden

I bought a used Mavic 2 Pro. It's almost a year old and haven't been flown much. I have factory restored the drone, formated the internal memory. What i can't do is to activate the drone in my name as if it was new. Is there any way to name the drone in my name and ensure that the serial number is associated to me?
2021-2-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, aoxelborn, please be advised that during the activation process, the app will prompt a message asking you to confirm your account. After activation, this account cannot be changed and the activation process can only be done once. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, note that the DJI account you use to log in to the DJI app can be switched freely. If you need to use a different DJI account, you can log out of the current one and then log in with another account, thank you.
2021-2-13
Use props
aoxelborn
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Diana Posted at 2-13 15:35
Hi, aoxelborn, please be advised that during the activation process, the app will prompt a message asking you to confirm your account. After activation, this account cannot be changed and the activation process can only be done once. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, note that the DJI account you use to log in to the DJI app can be switched freely. If you need to use a different DJI account, you can log out of the current one and then log in with another account, thank you.

Thanks for the answer.
I have another question.
If I can’t register the drone in my name, is it possible to change the previous owner’s account into mine. For instance, change the email address and login. In that way I can take over the drone account?
2021-2-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

aoxelborn Posted at 2-14 05:45
Thanks for the answer.
I have another question.
If I can’t register the drone in my name, is it possible to change the previous owner’s account into mine. For instance, change the email address and login. In that way I can take over the drone account?

Hi there, thank you for the additional inquiry and for your kind understanding. Please be advised that we can no longer change the activation details of the unit,  however, you can use a different DJI account to log in on the DJI Go 4 and to the DJI Mavic 2 pro. Not to worry, this won't affect the performance of the drone as the logs will be saved under your DJI Account once it was successfully synced.
2021-2-15
Use props
aoxelborn
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Diana Posted at 2-15 08:39
Hi there, thank you for the additional inquiry and for your kind understanding. Please be advised that we can no longer change the activation details of the unit,  however, you can use a different DJI account to log in on the DJI Go 4 and to the DJI Mavic 2 pro. Not to worry, this won't affect the performance of the drone as the logs will be saved under your DJI Account once it was successfully synced.

Hello. I have tried different ways to change/associate the original account into mine without any success. It’s clear that dji have made some kind of limitation regarding transferring ownership, at least they haven’t thought of it yet. Since the market with used drones is raising they really should think of making it easier to accomplish. For now i just use the drone with my own account.

Now that I have your attention, can I ask you another question?
Regarding my username. It keeps changing automatically. Everytime I change it and switch gender from unspecified to male it always changes back to some strange username.
Do you have any solution to this problem?
Best regards Andreas.
2021-2-15
Use props
aoxelborn
lvl.1

Sweden

aoxelborn Posted at 2-15 11:14
Hello. I have tried different ways to change/associate the original account into mine without any success. It’s clear that dji have made some kind of limitation regarding transferring ownership, at least they haven’t thought of it yet. Since the market with used drones is raising they really should think of making it easier to accomplish. For now i just use the drone with my own account.

Now that I have your attention, can I ask you another question?

Regarding my username. It keeps changing automatically. Everytime I change it and switch gender from unspecified to male it always changes back to some strange username.
Do you have any solution to this problem?
Best regards Andreas.
2021-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules