Can You Adjust Obstacle Avoidance Settings?
1094 2 2021-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KW-Photo
lvl.1
United States

For context: been a real estate photographer for a long tima and finally got around to adding drone work last year. I started with a Mini and frequently had obstacle issues because most of the listings I shoot have lots of trees around the properties. Obviously I can get up higher to avoid trees from some shots, but especially when I'm doing videos of the exteriors I'm below the tree-line. The Mini has no obstacle avoidance and I have had several tree strikes and crashes because I often can't look at the drone position in the air while at the same time watching the video screen for the right shot. I finally got tired of crashes and bought a Mavic Air 2.

Here's my question: is there a way to adjust the OA settings? I just did some test flights in my neghborhood flying in the same way I would for a client and the OA alarms were going off like crazy. I'm going to be constantly flying *close* over cars, landscaping, decks, and whatnot around a house. One shot I video shot I frequently do is to make a semi-circle pan/rotate move at about 15 feet high to completely capture the front of the house and it's setting. My clients really love this kind of shot. I'm constantly *close* to the trees in the landscaping and so the OA alarms keep going off.

I obviously don't want to turn OA off completely as it's one of the main reasons I upgraded. If I just have to live with the alarm noise, I can do that. Just wanted to see if I could turn the sensitivity down a little.

2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_K05O5UhWFiLO
New
Flight distance : 119088 ft
United States

Unfortunately at this time, I don't believe that you can adjust the OA sensors depth of view. That would be a great feature if you could adjust them, so they would only alarm at certain distances. You could mute your devices sound and or muffle the controllers speaker with something. Just an idea
2021-2-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its either on or off.
2021-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now