Gimbal Calibration Error Code 40011!!
5477 14 2021-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ancoats
lvl.2

Australia

Is anything being done DJI to fix this problem?? Please don't give useless suggestions like restarting the drone or calibration because IT DOES NOT WORK!
I am tempted to return this drone to get a refund!

2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I caught the error immediately after updating to version 01.02.0000, another update ... 0100 did not solve the problem because there was no update for the gimbal in the firmware module. You have to wait for a new gimbal module to appear inside the firmware. When this will happen, I don't know. Error 40011 is a warning that is stuck and must be reset when updating.
2021-2-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Ancoats. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the trouble you're experiencing. Since calibration doesn't help, we strongly advise returning the unit back to our Service Center instead so it can be inspected. At your soonest convenience, please get in touch with our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket. Hopefully, this could be all sorted out immediately.
2021-2-15
Use props
Ancoats
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 02:31
Hi, Ancoats. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the trouble you're experiencing. Since calibration doesn't help, we strongly advise returning the unit back to our Service Center instead so it can be inspected. At your soonest convenience, please get in touch with our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket. Hopefully, this could be all sorted out immediately.

I can't return it. I live in rural Australia 400km from a major city and need the drone for work! These issues should have been fixed before the Mini 2 was released for sale!
2021-2-15
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

Ancoats Posted at 2-15 04:23
I can't return it. I live in rural Australia 400km from a major city and need the drone for work! These issues should have been fixed before the Mini 2 was released for sale!

Not being funny. But if you are remote and need it for work you need redundancy in your tools. Have at least 3 units for each drone you need in the field.

Costly yes. But if it's important, it's more costly without.

2021-2-15
Use props
Ancoats
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Skynet5 Posted at 2-15 11:41
Not being funny. But if you are remote and need it for work you need redundancy in your tools. Have at least 3 units for each drone you need in the field.

Your comment is flawed and unhelpful. I am not a larger operator like some. I bought this item 'as described' to work out of the box. People like you are allowing big tech to get away with cutting corners!
2021-2-17
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Sometimes, even the best tech companies, such as Apple, encounter issues with products they release due to things such as random manufacturing issues. Of course on a product forum such as this we generally hear more about problems people are having. When people are having no issue with their product, they generally tend not to post on a forum to confirm this. I daresay there are many thousands of users who have not faced one problem with their drone.

I, like you, did however. Instead of complaining and throwing  a tantrum like you appear to be doing, I contacted DJI and started a ticket to have the issue with my Mini 2 resolved. Guess what? In a matter of less than 2 weeks, I had a new Mini 2 sent to me after the DJI tech guys analysed my drone and found it to be faulty. Easy. I found DJI Customer Support and Tech Teams to be absolutely wonderful and efficient.  

May I suggest instead of coming here to verbally abuse DJI staff doing their best, you too open a ticket with DJI to have your issue investigated properly, instead of whining on an internet forum like a small child. If you need your drone that badly for work, the quicker you do this, the quicker it will be resolved. Some people are just so self-entitled and lack any real resilience it would seem. They much prefer to complain rather than take productive steps to have a problem resolved.

2021-2-17
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

BaliSkies Posted at 2-17 21:34
Sometimes, even the best tech companies, such as Apple, encounter issues with products they release due to things such as random manufacturing issues. Of course on a product forum such as this we generally hear more about problems people are having. When people are having no issue with their product, they generally tend not to post on a forum to confirm this. I daresay there are many thousands of users who have not faced one problem with their drone.

I, like you, did however. Instead of complaining and throwing  a tantrum like you appear to be doing, I contacted DJI and started a ticket to have the issue with my Mini 2 resolved. Guess what? In a matter of less than 2 weeks, I had a new Mini 2 sent to me after the DJI tech guys analysed my drone and found it to be faulty. Easy. I found DJI Customer Support and Tech Teams to be absolutely wonderful and efficient.  

I get where you are coming from.  But I also get where the OP is coming from and I agree with them.
I know that if I purchased my Mini 2 Fly More for the 749.99 Canadian I paid, and I had an issue that seems to persist with several people.  I would expect far better service than opening a ticket and being forced to send a brand new drone in for repair, when it's likely a firmware issue caused by DJI.
I for one don't have a disposable income, and when I make a large purchase like this, I expect it to work as it should, and if there is an issue caused by a firmware issue, I expect the manufacture to admit it, and correct the issue rather than suggesting to open and ticket to have the drone sent off and analyzed.
I would be peaved off too, not only of the issue on a new drone having an issue, but the copy and paste template replies from these DJI mods that are not only useless but infuriating. I get the same thing from Samsung Canada chat.
2021-2-18
Use props
Ancoats
lvl.2

Australia

BaliSkies Posted at 2-17 21:34
Sometimes, even the best tech companies, such as Apple, encounter issues with products they release due to things such as random manufacturing issues. Of course on a product forum such as this we generally hear more about problems people are having. When people are having no issue with their product, they generally tend not to post on a forum to confirm this. I daresay there are many thousands of users who have not faced one problem with their drone.

Whilst I get your opinion, your attitude and demeaning me as a 'child' is only damaging your own reputation here.
What makes you the standard bearer or giver of right and wrong?
You have absolute no idea what personal things I'm going through! Timing of this on top of other stress causes a human to become emotion or are you one of those people who have's a 'no problem' life?
Get out of denial mate.
I'll deal with it.
Cheers.
2021-2-19
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Ancoats Posted at 2-19 00:50
Whilst I get your opinion, your attitude and demeaning me as a 'child' is only damaging your own reputation here.
What makes you the standard bearer or giver of right and wrong?
You have absolute no idea what personal things I'm going through! Timing of this on top of other stress causes a human to become emotion or are you one of those people who have's a 'no problem' life?

I do apologise if I crossed the line. Just a bit of banter back and forth but I may have taken it too far. Hope you get your issue sorted and back in the air soon. Sorry mate for being a smart a$$.
2021-2-19
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

Ancoats Posted at 2-17 20:32
Your comment is flawed and unhelpful. I am not a larger operator like some. I bought this item 'as described' to work out of the box. People like you are allowing big tech to get away with cutting corners!

Honestly. I thought it was helpful.

Technology breaks. Chance of failure is high. Long gone are the days of quality. Nothing we can do about it. It's the world we live in now.

I play with mine. If it breaks I don't care.

If I use it would work and it was important..
I'd have a spare.

Sorry to come across unhelpful. Wasnt my intention.

2021-4-12
Use props
dhTech
New
Canada

It is blatantly obvious that this is a firmware issue which DJI has chosen to ignore or... perhaps, even have it propagated!
How can I make such a statement?
After the latest firmware update, my Mini 2, for no apparent reason, began to persistently display the 'gimbal calibration error 40011'. The gimbal itself (and the drone) operates normally with no apparent defects. Performed many gimbal calibrations to no avail.
While searching the internet for a possible solution, I learned that many DHI drone users have experienced this same issue with a normal operating gimbal. I also learned that the simple solution is to roll back the firmware to a specific version, perform an automatic gimbal calibration, cycle the drone off and on, update the firmware to the current version and... presto, the error is gone!
Although this procedure works for most DJI drones, unfortunately, it does not work for the Mini 2. All of the previous versions of the Mini 2 firmware contain this 'bug'.
@DJI: Surely you must know that this is a firmware deficiency, it has been around for years now. Why are you still insisting on your customers to send back their drones for service?

2022-2-1
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Skynet5 Posted at 2021-2-15 11:41

Better suggestion would be sell a product that doesn’t have so many issues and make sure the bugs are worked out of updates before they are released
2022-2-2
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

RenegadeCowboyAZ Posted at 2-2 19:39
Better suggestion would be sell a product that doesn’t have so many issues and make sure the bugs are worked out of updates before they are released

Not that easy when the user base is constantly demanding updates so fast that thorough testing is nearly impossible.
2022-2-2
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

dhTech Posted at 2-1 07:34
It is blatantly obvious that this is a firmware issue which DJI has chosen to ignore or... perhaps, even have it propagated!
How can I make such a statement?
After the latest firmware update, my Mini 2, for no apparent reason, began to persistently display the 'gimbal calibration error 40011'. The gimbal itself (and the drone) operates normally with no apparent defects. Performed many gimbal calibrations to no avail.

Just an observation...  I note you seem to think the firmware version you had at the time was at fault.  These comments predate the release of version 1.04, which has resulted in many complaints about stability and communication issues.  I suspect that many people with 1.04 would GLADLY go back to 1.03 if they could (but 1.04 now prevents rolling back to previous versions).

Given the millions of Mini 2's sold, there don't seem to be all that many complaints in the scheme of things.  I'm not saying DJI doesn't fumble some issues, but overall one of the reasons I purchased a DJI product was that the quality seemed good and servicing was available...  Try getting a cheap drone purchased on Alibaba repaired!

2022-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules