2926 38 2015-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI will be moving this weekend to a new larger facility.  This will cause some minor disruptions in our service level.

We will relocate the warehouse on Saturday (7/11) and then relocate the repair team and call center on Sunday (7/12).

We will be settling down all teams in the following week.

For call center, we will be close on Monday to upgrade and fine tune the customer service system and do an all-hands training.

For warehouse, we will spend a lot time to do a full cycle count during the week, so online sale shipping may get delayed.

For repair team, RMAs may get 1 or 2 days delay while the team is settling down.

We apologize in advance for the disruptions in service but the move to this facility will allow us to expand our staff and improve the overall customer experience going forward.

2015-7-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Congrats to DJI for this expansion and move. If must be a great feeling to have this opportunity.
Thanks for sharing the details and all. Looking forward to the big party, after everyone gets settled in... ;-)

Happy Landing...

RedHotPoker
2015-7-9
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

Good luck with your move.  Hope it's as painless as possible.
2015-7-10
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.3

United States

GREAT NEWS!!!!?
2015-7-10
Use props
ward
lvl.1

Canada

This is great news. I hate to see more delays as my Phantom 3 is now stuck in the "warranty" or "not sure", "no news" repair loop. But hopefully this will speed up the process. I will have spent more time waiting to use my Phantom in the last 3-4 months than i've been able to actually use it. Such a pity !!
2015-7-10
Use props
tnhwyman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347697 ft
United States

The acknowledgement of these developments is very much appreciated. Moving is never an easy process, I hope all goes well for Dji.
2015-7-10
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

So is this going to further delay my direct order that is already past the 20 business day mark?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't DJI.com orders come directly from China?
2015-7-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-12 00:13
So is this going to further delay my direct order that is already past the 20 business day mark?  Co ...

Some are and some are sent from LA.  We are only talking about a day or two delay.
2015-7-12
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

I realize that "some are and some are" is a type-o but it is also very fitting for dji customer service in a humorous way.  Basically it's a tricky way of saying yes, you will be delayed.  Haha.  I can dig it.
2015-7-12
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-12 23:11
Some are and some are sent from LA.  We are only talking about a day or two delay.

If I gave you my order number would you be able to tell me if I am one who "are or are"? 001125091773
2015-7-12
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-13 00:44
If I gave you my order number would you be able to tell me if I am one who "are or are"? 00112509 ...

Not today.  LA is closed and so is China.
2015-7-12
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-13 00:44
If I gave you my order number would you be able to tell me if I am one who "are or are"? 00112509 ...

Try sending DJI- Autumn your number on Monday. I believe she's based in Hong Kong.

Weren't you the guy that stated you had patience a couple of weeks back? Just heightened the excitement of getting a new toy. Feel excited now? Abused, disenchanted, mislead, comes to my mind.

Not to come off more negatively than normal, DJI direct sales sucks. Information that they post on availability and delivery on product is a crap shoot at best and a fabrication of falsities worst case.

I've still got DJI bucks sitting in an account that probably won't ever get used as they have to be used for direct purchases which I can't do again.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.   
2015-7-12
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-7-13 01:58
Try sending DJI- Autumn your number on Monday. I believe she's based in Hong Kong.

Weren't you th ...

I do have patience, that is why I went through DJI. A man can't inquire about his order and bust on someone for a funny type-o? . But, never the less if a company tells you 15-20 days that's what it should be.  I understand things happen but this obviously isn't an isolated incident.  As I said I do have patience just don't want to be lied to. I mean just change it to 20-30 days and then the problem is solved.  Now what will really upset me is if they try to pull the whole shipping in pieces / separately thing. If you say 15-20 days then that should me for everything.  Then when you blow that window you better darn sure make sure everything is shipped at once.
2015-7-12
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-13 05:17
I do have patience, that is why I went through DJI. A man can't inquire about his order and bust on ...

I've kinda said the same thing before but it falls on deaf ears.

The communications coming out of DJI leave much to be desired.

Give me a realistic date for availability and delivery and let me make the decision as to whether or not I'm willing to wait or order elsewhere. Don't claim, 3-5 days from payment confirmation, which with PayPal happens instantaneously, and then take almost 4 weeks to ship.

Some customers have trips planned thinking that by ordering a month before vacation departure they'll have their order, only to find it still hasn't been shipped.

Not good customer service in this day and age of the internet and real time inventory.
2015-7-12
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Already sorry DJi my intentions were not to thread hi-jack. The fact is DJi has the best drones and they are worth the wait. Grats on the move. Hope it helps with the issues we went off track on. By all means though DJI, feel free to let me know my order status tomorrow which to me is not Monday, it is business day #21   001125091773
2015-7-12
Use props
looxonline
lvl.2

South Africa

Hey Tahoe_Ed,

I purchased my P3A from Helidirect in MA but I'm currently out of the country and will be for quite a long time. This weekend the P3A tipped over in mid flight and fell to the ground (http://forum.dji.com/thread-23728-1-1.html). Do you think I should send it back to the LA service center via international shipping or should I send it direct to China? Which would have the quicker and most painless turnaround? Maybe DJI_Autumn would also be able to comment?

Thanks,
Luke.
2015-7-13
Use props
BoostedPhantom
lvl.2

United States

Great news! Hopefully you all hired some more repair employees to help fill the bigger facility too.
2015-7-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

looxonline@gmai Posted at 2015-7-13 23:37
Hey Tahoe_Ed,

I purchased my P3A from Helidirect in MA but I'm currently out of the country and wil ...

Since you are in South Africa your device center will be in Germany or China.  Your dealer can not fix your warranty issues.
2015-7-13
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-14 01:29
Since you are in South Africa your device center will be in Germany or China.  Your dealer can not ...

Hey Tahoe_Ed you didn't have any customer service for me?
2015-7-13
Use props
our0borus
lvl.2

United States

Could you provide us with the updated address?  

And maybe just go ahead and post the email, phone and other contact information while you're at it?
2015-7-13
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

our0borus Posted at 2015-7-14 06:09

And maybe just go ahead and post the email, phone  ...

Waaaaaaaaaaaa! Are you new?  I think you got DJI confused with someone else's customer service. Why in god's name would they relinquish that information?
2015-7-13
Use props
looxonline
lvl.2

South Africa

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-14 01:29
Since you are in South Africa your device center will be in Germany or China.  Your dealer can not ...

Thanks TE!
2015-7-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

our0borus Posted at 2015-7-14 06:09

And maybe just go ahead and post the email, phone  ...

DJI.com will serve you well.
2015-7-13
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-14 13:26
DJI.com will serve you well.

Classic.  Hey Ed can you look into my order.  Believe me I have checked DJI.com
2015-7-13
Use props
shorinjimonk
lvl.1

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-7-10 09:58
Congrats to DJI for this expansion and move. If must be a great feeling to have this opportunity.
Th ...

Yeah congrats on the new facility!  Maybe now I can get my new props shipped within a reasonable amount of time!
2015-7-14
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

I take it they are still not up and running sense their phone message says it is out of normal business hours and it is currently 10:30 AM there.
2015-7-14
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

Yes I just tried calling and it is 12:35 EST and 9:35 PST and received a message to call back normal business hours between 9:00am to 5:00pm PST. I notice there are other service centers listed on the DJI website. Do we need to call the L.A. office or can we call the other authorized service centers to obtain an RMA?
2015-7-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The LA center is up and running but this is a Monday plus Tuesday for them.  The call volumes are high and they are doing the best they can.  It will be a day or two to get things back to normal.
2015-7-14
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-15 06:15
The LA center is up and running but this is a Monday plus Tuesday for them.  The call volumes are hi ...

What do you mean this is a Monday?  This is neither a Monday for us or them.
2015-7-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-15 07:51
What do you mean this is a Monday?  This is neither a Monday for us or them.

What I meant was that Mondays are their highest call volume.  They were closed on Monday and did not get operational until about 1pm on Tuesday.   The placed them way behind in answering customers calls.
2015-7-15
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-15 21:59
What I meant was that Mondays are their highest call volume.  They were closed on Monday and did n ...

So are you just ignore my request for you to look into my order?
2015-7-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rdc44444@hotmai Posted at 2015-7-15 00:41
Yes I just tried calling and it is 12:35 EST and 9:35 PST and received a message to call back normal ...

You need to call LA in North America.
2015-7-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-14 13:50
Classic.  Hey Ed can you look into my order.  Believe me I have checked DJI.com

I checked and it is not listed for the LA center.  I will forward to Autumn to check China and Germany.  If your ticket is in LA then I will need either your name or email to check further.
2015-7-15
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Edit: Deleted
2015-7-15
Use props
jfrangakis
lvl.1

United States

Hello Tahoe_Ed. I just sent in my phantom 3 to the Cali. service center>.I forgot to put the RMA on the outside of the box, but it is inside on the form I downloaded and filled out. Is this going to be a problem for me?  Thanks! -John
2015-7-15
Use props
2010alexd
New
Flight distance : 59 ft
United States

Hope the center is up and running next week, did call all week to heard that you were busy, no response to email either.
my Phantom 3 worked for 5 seconds and now feeling really frustrated about support.
2015-7-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jfrangakis Posted at 2015-7-16 05:11
Hello Tahoe_Ed. I just sent in my phantom 3 to the Cali. service center>.I forgot to put the RMA on  ...

No it will just mean more work for the guys in Logistics to figure it out.
2015-7-17
Use props
jfrangakis
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed... My phantom has been at the new service center for 8 days now (confirmed by UPS), I know I forgot to put my RMA number on the outside of the box. Is there any I could get the techs to open the box, and find my RMA number so my drone can enter the repair stream?
2015-7-25
Use props
manuelnegronpr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

jfrangakis Posted at 2015-7-25 19:33
Tahoe_Ed... My phantom has been at the new service center for 8 days now (confirmed by UPS), I know  ...

Hi Tahoe Ed, my P3P has been in QUEUE in LA repair center about 8 weeks without any update. They do not answer my replay. Please help us. This is not fear.
2015-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules