12649 56 2021-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bAgjF20QezVX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50561 ft
  • >>>
Russia

With a Samsung S21 ultra, the image is frozen when I try video 4K 30 fps and 25 fps,  When will you fix it?
2021-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S21 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ).  Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI Drone and for the DJI Fly application. Again I am sorry and thank you.
2021-2-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's strange.  I have used my new S21 Ultra (with Snapdragon processor) to fly Mini, Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2 and have experienced no video issues regardless of FPS settings.  It could be an S21 with the Exynos processor is causing the issue.
2021-2-16
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Did you ever figure this out ?
2021-2-16
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Bulgaria

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-16 06:54
That's strange.  I have used my new S21 Ultra (with Snapdragon processor) to fly Mini, Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2 and have experienced no video issues regardless of FPS settings.  It could be an S21 with the Exynos processor is causing the issue.

Issue is exynos processor... It's crap and DJI never figured out how to fix their app to work properly with it... Or perhaps their developers are crap. That's why I ditched Samsung.
2021-2-16
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

sbonev Posted at 2-16 13:15
Issue is exynos processor... It's crap and DJI never figured out how to fix their app to work properly with it... Or perhaps their developers are crap. That's why I ditched Samsung.

Well to be honest i don't think Samsung would be concerned if their phones worked for 99% of the apps used on them. Best to just check DJI approved phones that do work. My ood Samsung S7 works flawlessly on the Fly app. I suggest you look for a cheap phone that does work....even used.
2021-2-16
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Bulgaria

Astro Bob Posted at 2-16 13:41
Well to be honest i don't think Samsung would be concerned if their phones worked for 99% of the apps used on them. Best to just check DJI approved phones that do work. My ood Samsung S7 works flawlessly on the Fly app. I suggest you look for a cheap phone that does work....even used.

It works because you are in the States and have a snapdragon variant. Did you even read what I wrote? The exynos versions are the issue and they work just fine with the app, only issues is it crashes the phones or the app freezes. And what Samsung are concerned if is something I couldn't care less. They lost me as a customer just because of such crap...
2021-2-16
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123481 ft
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-16 01:09
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S21 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ).  Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI Drone and for the DJI Fly application. Again I am sorry and thank you.

That is really BAD nes Stephen!!! I have the most expensive phone in the market but it won't work??? Make it so!!!
2021-2-19
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123481 ft
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-16 06:54

It IS an issue that appears with the Exynos version
2021-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Daannie Posted at 2-19 03:50
It IS an issue that appears with the Exynos version

The Exynos issues showed up with the DJI Fly App on the Mini also and then a few had issues on the Mavic Air 2.  However, DJI eventually solved them so it has to be a software issue.  Unfortunately, it appears that DJI favors Apple smart devices over Android.
2021-2-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Daannie Posted at 2-19 03:47
That is really BAD nes Stephen!!! I have the most expensive phone in the market but it won't work??? Make it so!!!

Hi there Daannie. Thank you for the reply and again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mini 2 and for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.
2021-2-22
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532028 ft
United Kingdom

It is a shame that DJI don't work fast to solve an issue with a premium device, their response is, buy a cheaper phone to use with our drones because we don't want to give trouble to our developers.
2021-3-4
Use props
djiuser_BC8JUT1sClKE
New

United Kingdom

I have the exact same problem with my S21 Ultra...

Has anyone got an update on when this will be rectified please? It's the only phone I have and as such my drone is currently out of use. Not impressed.
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_z1zWCdxotPkF
New
United Kingdom

I'm having the issue too. With the Fly More Combo and the S21 Ultra 16GB, that's £2k in tech that can't record 4k 30fps...this issue needs looking at rather sharpish!

It should work from the top to the bottom, test these new devices first because they'll be the most stable. I don't want to use an older device with a brand new drone!

Please fix ASAP
2021-3-19
Use props
djiuser_LzX6qhnBEiIf
New

United States

I recently ran into this issue. I have a s21 ultra with snap dragon processor. But I had multiple apps crashing and figured out a fix. I had to Uninstall the Android System Webview from the play store. And it worked! I hope this helps anyone out!
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_ZS48IyyVFwEA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1000935 ft
Canada

Hello, I have the same problem with my new Samsun S21ultra. It is absolutely not acceptable to have this problem with a new device. It is important to correct the situation quickly.

I also have a problem with saving photos or video in cache mode. The photo / video is only accessible via the SD card. Pathetic.
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_sAs7vvDDtB6Q
New

United States

I too have recently upgraded to the s21 ultra from my note 8. The note 8 only worked with the dji app while the phone was in airplane mode.  I have not had any flight issies, but now the videos no lonher show up in my phones gallery. Photos appear without issue. I will check the cards and report back.
2021-3-25
Use props
ramanujans
New

Argentina

no follow-up? I have the same problem
2021-3-28
Use props
djiuser_h36Wo5B3YeYM
New
Flight distance : 38248 ft
United Kingdom

been playing with the mini 2 and I know there's issues with the Samsung s21 phone where the screen freezes when in 4k video,  I just discovered if you put the setting on 4k at 24fps it works without freezing,  not sure if it's any use to anyone or whether it's better on 2.7k as not tried it yet
2021-3-30
Use props
djiuser_gAOYoOTsJSsq
lvl.1

Malaysia

M2P & Exynos S21U
No liveview since latest samsung update.. IM FLYING BLIND HERE!
2021-4-2
Use props
Droneri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1823264 ft
Finland

Please dji have this fixed.
2021-4-3
Use props
fans39f80067
lvl.3

Australia

Its so hard to use the Mini 2 without any image and quite dangerous.
2021-4-4
Use props
Kickem
New

Romania

I have the exact same issue, Samsung S21 Ultra Exynos, no way to film 4K and see what you are doing. Please bump this up to the dev team, if it was fixed for the OG mini, hopefully it can be ported quickly to the mini2...
2021-4-13
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The issue seems to be fixed on 1.4.0 version of the app.
2021-4-15
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
United Kingdom

For those who did not notice at first, when on video mode, you can change recording options on the bottom, not a pop up menu anymore
2021-4-15
Use props
djiuser_bAgjF20QezVX
lvl.1
  • >>>
Russia

Thanks! Bug fixed! Everything works!
2021-4-15
Use props
djiuser_DeWY8aa7ddtu
New
Flight distance : 41860 ft
United Kingdom

How did this issue get resolved.  I'm having the same issue and the online help can't help me as they need to pass the issue on the the tech team  
2021-4-16
Use props
Zeljko Nikolic
New
Germany

My S21 Ultra  Exynos doesnt work..I get no picture.when i connect my wifes s10 it connects.but on s21 i see a picture.its connected but its a still picure.no video mode i can move the gimble but still its a still picure which sometimes gets greyed out. Very annoying..I dont see the problem..its the same android...Wtf.
2021-4-17
Use props
JAFARINI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15252589 ft
  • >>>
Georgia

djiuser_bAgjF20QezVX Posted at 4-15 08:25
Thanks! Bug fixed! Everything works!

I am having the same issue with S21 Ultra and Mavic 2 Pro
Having problems with video transmission. Tried several other model smartphones and video is good.

Please suggest how to fix
2021-4-17
Use props
fredphoto
lvl.1
United States

Same issue on Samsung S21 Ultra and DJI Mini... stopped to work from today. Please fix it!!
2021-4-17
Use props
djiuser_vAILSr1BNXCT
New

United Kingdom

fredphoto Posted at 4-17 19:45
Same issue on Samsung S21 Ultra and DJI Mini... stopped to work from today. Please fix it!!

Same here Fred. S21 ultra with Mavic.mini
2021-4-17
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

With update 1.4 Now the 4K video works with Samsung S21 ultra !! YEHHHH
2021-4-18
Use props
Zeljko Nikolic
New
Germany

whiteghost Posted at 4-18 07:22
With update 1.4 Now the 4K video works with Samsung S21 ultra !! YEHHHH

S21 ultra exynos??? or snapdragon?
2021-4-19
Use props
fanse9941c68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 797569 ft
Czechia

Hi, issue with stucked 4k with Mini 2 and S21+ Exynos looks solved
2021-4-19
Use props
djiuser_bAgjF20QezVX
lvl.1
  • >>>
Russia

JAFARINI Posted at 4-17 11:03
I am having the same issue with S21 Ultra and Mavic 2 Pro
Having problems with video transmission. Tried several other model smartphones and video is good.

I updated everything, and it started working!
2021-4-19
Use props
djiuser_TQPVkiOS7z4a
New

Brazil

Same problem here. S21 ultra with exynos and my mini 1 the image keep black. All works fine less the image transmission. Ridiculous. Most expensive phone on the market and do not works??!
2021-4-21
Use props
tpo
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,  I did update the S21 yesterday and I have frozen video transmission issues.   What DJI suggest to do in this case?  Model number SM-G998B (equinox) Last update 21 April Version G998BXXU2AUC8 Security patch level 21.04.2021
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_8fLYo5fiNwPj
New

Germany

djiuser_TQPVkiOS7z4a Posted at 4-21 17:33
Same problem here. S21 ultra with exynos and my mini 1 the image keep black. All works fine less the image transmission. Ridiculous. Most expensive phone on the market and do not works??!

Have the Same Problem. S21 Ultra with exynos and Mavic Mini 1. Unfortunately no live Picture. Just a black Screen in the DJI Fly App. App and Firmware on the newest Versions. Please fix this DJI. Thats the Most powerful mobile device on the Market and we cant use it ?!
2021-4-22
Use props
djiuser_wtqtrg9s0hMX
New
Flight distance : 7014 ft
United States

Same. Just got an S21 Ultra. I get zero camera view. 3rd party apps just cause issues and I really don't want to have to find one that works anyway. Edit: Also, I've confirmed I have the Qualcomm proc.
2021-4-28
Use props
fredphoto
lvl.1
France

I have the same problem with the snapdragon processor. Still not working there. Samsung S21 Ultra and DJI Mini.
DJI you need to fix it. It is the best phone on the market!
2021-5-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules