12Next >
19571 74 2021-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paulp3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105593845 ft
Australia

Just spoke to a authorized DJI dealer in Brisbane and he says they are not making new batties as the drone is obsolete

Surley that cant be the case as i have had the only a about 2 years

My batteries i bought with the drone all 3 have swollen and now are dangerous and they have only 90 flights each not the 200 as DJI claim

Do i now disgard this drone and take a big lose

2021-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Paulp3. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. You may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see the DJI Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Batteries that you need are available. In addition, I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI Co pilots with regards to this inquiry and where did they purchase the said DJI Batteries . Thank you.
2021-2-17
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-17 22:47
Hello there Paulp3. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. You may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see the DJI Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Batteries that you need are available. In addition, I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI Co pilots with regards to this inquiry and where did they purchase the said DJI Batteries . Thank you.

So you are saying production has stopped so if that is the case why buy another DJI drone if that is the poor after sales service
2021-2-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Paul,

You can buy the Mavic Air battery right here at the store.  Available today, right now.  No problems.

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... gent-flight-battery

Hope this helps!  Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-18
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2-18 04:11
Aloha Paul,

You can buy the Mavic Air battery right here at the store.  Available today, right now.  No problems.

I can see they are not in stock as all the sites
Am I missing something

Paul
2021-2-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Paulp3 Posted at 2-18 11:28
I can see they are not in stock as all the sites
Am I missing something

Aloha Paul,

The battery is available at the DJI Store.  You can navigate to the DJI Store at this web site.  

DJI has a free shipping policy for orders over $150 (US).  The battery is $85 (US).  If you can find something for your Mavic Air in the DJI Store that costs more than $65 (US), you should get free shipping with your order.  (I usually order two batteries.)  But, you will need to find out how much the free shipping cut-off is in Australia to be sure you qualify.

I am not sure how things work Down Under, but this really helps us out up here in Hawai'i.  I order all my DJI products direct and the shipping is free and fast (so far).

Hope this helps!  Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-19
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2-19 01:06
Aloha Paul,

The battery is available at the DJI Store.  You can navigate to the DJI Store at this web site.  

The link u gave me and the Australian site have none in stock

So I dont know how u can see them
Paul

Untitled-1.jpg
2021-2-19
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

Also spoke another supplier who was selling them on line/shop but none in stock
I asked why he had been selling without a box
and his reply was
DJI have excess stock left over with no box. I believe they have probably been split from Fly More Kits hence why no box

So now DJI is raiding the last of them from fly More Kits so that proves my point
They are not manufacturing anymore unless they can prove otherwise
2021-2-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Paulp3 Posted at 2-19 02:50
Also spoke another supplier who was selling them on line/shop but none in stock
I asked why he had been selling without a box
and his reply was

Aloha Paul,

The DJI "Online" Store is not in Australia or anywhere else but in China.  The DJI Store is in China and they ship DJI products all over the world.

Whether you live in Australia, EU or the US, the products are sold from China and shipped to your location.  But, you buy them from China, not some Australian reseller.

You should also try to navigate to the DJI Store product site for the battery from this Forum.  Go to the DJI.com splash screen and then go to the store.  Click on Mavic, the first product series on the left.  Then go down to Accessories and look at the six product options, the fifth one is the Mavic Air.  Click on Mavic Air.  The first product is the battery.  Click on the battery.  You will get this product sale page as seen in the screen capture.

Send me a screen capture of the site in China with the link that I posted.  It begins with "https://store.dji.com/product/..."

Here is a photo showing two batteries available for purchase from China.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Paulp3 Posted at 2-19 02:46
The link u gave me and the Australian site have none in stock

So I dont know how u can see them

Aloha Paul,

That screen capture is a DJI Store Australian site, probably because you want to pay in Australian Dollars.  When you change the currency to Australian Dollars, you may be changing to that Australian site.

Take out the "au/" in the address bar after store.dji.com/ and before "products".  See if that will get you to the site where the batteries are available.  That is really just an experiment because what you are dealing with are the marketing problems of a low demand product.

I had this problem a couple years ago.  DJI is not going to manufacture a product with little demand until the demand grows and becomes sufficient to justify the output necessary to provide the manufacture of the product.  Until the demand grows, DJI will move surplus around the world to satisfy need.  

That is why you have the "In Stock Reminder" available.  If you want the product, use the in stock reminder function.  DJI will then move some Mavic Air batteries into your area, "back in stock".  Order two if possible and you will be urging DJI to move faster, plus you get the free shipping (and you indicated you need to replace more than one).  In my case, I had to wait a month or two, but I got my products.

Any successful business will try to maximize the products they sell and minimize the products they throw away or recycle.  DJI is just following business best practices.  They want to stay in business.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-19
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2-19 04:32
Aloha Paul,

That screen capture is a DJI Store Australian site, probably because you want to pay in Australian Dollars.  When you change the currency to Australian Dollars, you may be changing to that Australian site.

Impossible to get on the other sites as it will always default to AU
Possible need VPN
I did get on a China site  i believe and when u click on Mavic Air says no more production and refers and directs  to Mavic Air 2
But the chances of importing batteries from over seas to Australia are very low
I have been flying RC models for 30 years and have experience in purchasing Lipo batteries and know how hard it is to get into Australia

I still believe DJI have let there customers down by not supporting a product that is not to old

DJI Prove to me this is not the case here in Australia
2021-2-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Paulp3 Posted at 2-19 12:11
Impossible to get on the other sites as it will always default to AU
Possible need VPN
I did get on a China site  i believe and when u click on Mavic Air says no more production and refers and directs  to Mavic Air 2

Aloha Paul,

OK, Enable the "In Stock Reminder" and within two months you will be notified that the battery is available.  I suggest you buy two.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-20
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2-20 01:07
Aloha Paul,

OK, Enable the "In Stock Reminder" and within two months you will be notified that the battery is available.  I suggest you buy two.

LOL 2 months dont hold your breath are u for real

I need the batteries in the next week as am going on a trip

I dont  know to take your comment as joke or what are you for real

Paul

2021-2-20
Use props
Drone Exploration
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

Paulp3 Posted at 2-20 03:15

I need the batteries in the next week as am going on a trip

You can buy them on ebay, although they are a bit expensive. Its easier to not have them swell in the first place. If they are swelling, its possible that you aren't taking care of them properly. You may already know what im about to say, but if you don't, here is how to care for your batterys to that they dont swell.
1: Never store your batteries fully charged (its best to fly within 24 hours of charging)
2: Don't drain your batterys past 20% and never past 10% (unless for extreme cell balancin
3: Dont store your batterys in hot or cold places (hot car trunk, or cold garage)
This is the same for any lipo batteries including the ones in a smartphone, but most people dont bother caring for there phone batteries probably. This is partly why your phone battery wont hold a charge nearly as well after a couple of years.
Hope this helps
2021-2-20
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

Drone Exploration Posted at 2-20 14:13
You can buy them on ebay, although they are a bit expensive. Its easier to not have them swell in the first place. If they are swelling, its possible that you aren't taking care of them properly. You may already know what im about to say, but if you don't, here is how to care for your batterys to that they dont swell.
1: Never store your batteries fully charged (its best to fly within 24 hours of charging)
2: Don't drain your batterys past 20% and never past 10% (unless for extreme cell balancin

I appreciate your advise I would have at least 100 lipo Batteries of all sought because I fly daily with other RC models of all kind and been doing ever since they where invented
So I am aware how to treat Lipo Batteries
I suggest we start blaming DJI for ther inferior batteries then quickly blaming people that they are not taking care of them.
Come on  read the forums the proof is there

PS
Ebay have no new ones for sale from what i can see so that rules that out

Paul
2021-2-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Paulp3 Posted at 2-20 03:15

I need the batteries in the next week as am going on a trip

Aloha Paul,

Umm, your batteries have been swollen for more than two months (otherwise they would not be swollen now).  (BTW, swollen batteries indicate improper care.)  You should have ordered or put in an "In Stock Reminder" back when you could have them by now.  It was only an in stock reminder - it cost you nothing!  But, no, you have spent all this time fuming about a problem that you seem reluctant to face.

You explain all kind of theories about how DJI is depriving you of batteries and making my own Mavic Mini obsolete.  But, you did nothing.  Hey, you have the right to your own ideas but when they fall through and you do not get what you want, take responsibility.

So just look in the mirror and take responsibility for your inaction.  DJI is not going to go out of business for the likes of you and many others who have no idea what is going on.  

There is apparently very little demand for Mavic Air batteries in Australia.  DJI offers a way for you to get your batteries.  Looks like DJI holds all the cards - that is not a joke.  Do you want your batteries or not.  Ball is in your court.  You have been the one wasting all this time so you may not have a functioning drone to take on your vacation.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-21
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2-21 00:36
Aloha Paul,

Umm, your batteries have been swollen for more than two months (otherwise they would not be swollen now).  (BTW, swollen batteries indicate improper care.)  You should have ordered or put in an "In Stock Reminder" back when you could have them by now.  It was only an in stock reminder - it cost you nothing!  But, no, you have spent all this time fuming about a problem that you seem reluctant to face.

Cetacean

I dont think your knowledge is that great of Lipo Batteries and come to understanding you must be on the DJI Payroll

Please give it a break and let others comment and especially DJI
2 Months for batteries you dont live in the real world
DJI after market is a shocker
Paul

2021-2-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Paulp3 Posted at 2-21 02:50
Cetacean

I dont think your knowledge is that great of Lipo Batteries and come to understanding you must be on the DJI Payroll

Aloha Paul,

Why do you insist that I have some sort of allegiance to DJI.  I like DJI products because they work and they work very well.  That is if you know what you are doing as a consumer.

What I find infuriating are consumers that repeatedly make mistakes and then decide that it is all DJI's fault.  If it is good, it is good.  If it is bad, it is bad.  You should take responsibility.  Swollen batteries happen when you do not handle DJI batteries properly.  I have about $600 or so tied up in this mistake but you have to learn.  Learning is your responsibility.

If what you say is true, how could DJI be the dominant Drone Product company in the world?  Should they even become the most corrupt company in the world over night, they could not stay in business.  Business suicide!  What company wants to do that?

DJI does not need me or anything of what I write.  I am trying to help YOU but you are not responsive because you will not take responsibility.  Get it together and put in an "In Stock Reminder"!  That is all you have to do!  Simple, but you are too stubborn and refuse to face reality.

You are on your own!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On'!
2021-2-22
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2-22 01:14
Aloha Paul,

Why do you insist that I have some sort of allegiance to DJI.  I like DJI products because they work and they work very well.  That is if you know what you are doing as a consumer.

Aloha (what ever that means)
I see you don’t have no experience in what you talk about
It is very limited
You say Dji Products are excellent have a look at these forums
I can see you have a closed mind
Most of the faults on these forums are not operator due you really think you are smarter then anybody else on here just you are lucky for the moment.
Don’t forgett we pay premium for DJI which I don’t mind if it works.
And you insist that 2 months turnaround is good service for the batteries get real don’t know how which planet you come from
You should stop advising people on you lack of knowledge on these forums  and let DJI do it

Aloha (what ever that means again ) see ya mate
2021-2-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Paulp3 Posted at 2-22 11:49
Aloha (what ever that means)
I see you don’t have no experience in what you talk about
It is very limited

Aloha Paul,

It is easy to see from what you have written, why you are having problems.

Good luck!  Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-23
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2-23 00:41
Aloha Paul,

It is easy to see from what you have written, why you are having problems.

No I dont have a problem

The question was asked to DJI are they going to produce anymore Mavic AIr Batteries as they are now classing the air as obsolete
They have not confirmed ether way

By the way have sourced Batteries that where the last ones in stock in a ware house and they tell me they do not expect anymore as per DJI
So this bull about putting your name down and waiting for 2 months is just that Bull
SO the question is are there any more new Batteries to be manufactured for the AIR

Paul
2021-2-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Paulp3 Posted at 2-23 13:56
No I dont have a problem

The question was asked to DJI are they going to produce anymore Mavic AIr Batteries as they are now classing the air as obsolete

Aloha Paul,

If you do not have a Mavic Air battery, or two, on order, you have problems.  Solve them.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-24
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2-24 00:21
Aloha Paul,

If you do not have a Mavic Air battery, or two, on order, you have problems.  Solve them.

I can answer you the Australian way but i wont will get myself in trouble.

When will you get that even if you order you are not getting any batteries ever if they do not manufacture any more .
The Question is to DJI have they classed the air as obsolete and no more batteries will be made ?

Paul
2021-2-24
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Paulp3 Posted at 2-24 01:35

When will you get that even if you order you are not getting any batteries ever if they do not manufacture any more .

Goodness mate you are going to give us all a bad rep here. Chill

A few things for you. DJI don't use LiPos they Use LiHVs.

If you fly the batteries down below 40% you should get about 90 to 120 charge Cycles.

If you keep the above 40% all the time you will get 200 to 300 cycles.

You also need to charge them every 3 months to full charge otherwise they will fail on you.

I also have many LiPos and LiHv batteries. I fly electric Heli, fixed wing and EDFs.

I have 1.133 KW hours of Lithium batteries. 331 of them not counting DJI batteries.

i understand your concern, but Clone batteries are available.

Try aliexpress.com they have no issue delivering batteries to AU.

Cheers

p.s. having spent a few weeks on Waikiki beach drinking very weak beer. Aloha, I think means both Hello and Goodbye. Thought you should know.

2021-2-24
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 2-24 06:58
Goodness mate you are going to give us all a bad rep here. Chill

A few things for you. DJI don't use LiPos they Use LiHVs.

Mate
I am not giving anybody a bad rep and you are another one who thinks he is the only one who knows how to look after the batteries
Wake up to your selves we are not all dumb and stop sounding  like the DJI  blaming every body else but there under par batteries and false claims.
Now Back to the question I asked at the beginning was
Has DJI stopped manufacturing the Batteries as the word is around that they are classing the air as obsolete YES or NO ? simple
Tell me what part of the question you dont understand mate .
PS
I have sourced  some batteries in Australia which where the last in the warehouse and nobody i spoke to where expecting any more .
AS for AliExpress goodluck on that  if i have to pay those prices for clones ,and there are not much choice if you ever get them goodluck
Paul
2021-2-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Paulp3 Posted at 2-24 01:35

Aloha Paul,

You are simply wrong.  You do not understand the DJI business model (which is quite common in the International business world), in your regard.  You do not want to consider the reality of commercial markets.  And you will never get your batteries unless you put in your battery "In Stock" order request.

BTW, putting in your battery "In Stock" order request will not cost you any money.  But when your order is recognized and you get emailed that the batteries are back in stock, you will be shown to be wrong with your rant.
     You have asked a question that DJI has always refused to answer.  That is because your question is premature.  DJI has a process they follow when they discontinue a product and that process is not being followed with the Mavic Air.  Believe me, you will kinow it when DJI discontinues the Mavic Air.

You simply do not want to be wrong.  You got a problem and it has nothing to do with DJI.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-25
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2-25 00:46
Aloha Paul,

You are simply wrong.  You do not understand the DJI business model (which is quite common in the International business world), in your regard.  You do not want to consider the reality of commercial markets.  And you will never get your batteries unless you put in your battery "In Stock" order request.

You are totally  wrong  if you think what DJI is doing is correct surely if you buy a product you expect aftersales service and carry supply of consumables for reasonable amount of time .
Never heard of a model u speak off where you have to preorder then wait months and there is a good chance u will not  get it because DJI maybe will not manufacture any more because the AIR is Obsolete according to DJI suppliers .
Question again to DJI  and after all this is a DJI Forum
Has DJI stopped manufacturing Batteries as the word is around that they are classing the air as obsolete Yes or No ?

Paul
2021-2-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Paulp3 Posted at 2-24 20:02
Mate
I am not giving anybody a bad rep and you are another one who thinks he is the only one who knows how to look after the batteries
Wake up to your selves we are not all dumb and stop sounding  like the DJI  blaming every body else but there under par batteries and false claims.

Mate,

You are giving all us Australians a bad rep. You have been rude and obnoxious to other members on this site. You will not listen to anyone and just want to have a cranky rant at everyone who tries to help.

I particularly had issue with the way you addressed Cetacean saying you should give him the Australian response. Like what was that?

You don't understand batteries as you say. If you did you would not have 3 swollen ones with 90 flights on each. This is what people with experience on these drones are trying to tell you. So Listen.

As for your comments ts to me.

Aliexpress has never let me down. If you didn't know, when you buy on Aliexpress the payment you make goes into ESCRO if you know what that means. It is not released to the seller until you have received and are satisfied with the goods.

I have bought Phantom II Vision Plus batteries from them. Higher capacity than the OEM. So older model batteries are still being produced by 3rd parties.

You don't listen to anyone.

Do you remember Holden? when they stopped producing parts for their cars. Third parties like Repco did. That is the way of the world.

Pumping out parts for old units takes funding and logistics away product development. Business 101.  

So here are the facts.

DJI have stopped manufacturing the Mavic Air and Parts including Batteries.

They still have stock of batteries but they will be available in other regions.

You can check by changing your region on DJI.com It will show you what is available in those regions. You cannot buy from those regions but you can see availability. You then go to a local online store in that region and buy. It may take them a little while to get off DJI that why the suggestion was to pre-order. The stores will not likely carry them.

Your best bet was to work with Cetacean to get your batteries. I see little chance of him helping you now given how you have been so rude to him.

God gave us two ears and one mouth. It was not a mistake.

2021-2-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Paulp3 Posted at 2-25 01:58
You are totally  wrong  if you think what DJI is doing is correct surely if you buy a product you expect aftersales service and carry supply of consumables for reasonable amount of time .
Never heard of a model u speak off where you have to preorder then wait months and there is a good chance u will not  get it because DJI maybe will not manufacture any more because the AIR is Obsolete according to DJI suppliers .
Question again to DJI  and after all this is a DJI Forum

Aloha Paul,

You seem to be having problems with your reading and comprehension.  This issue is real simple.

DJI is under no obligation to tell you or anyone else if they are going to discontinue a product.  (DJI may have not even made such a decision.)  Real simple.  It is not my job to think that something is correct or not, but I will tell you something is real or not, if I know the answer.

Real simple, if you want a new battery, go to the DJI Store and go to the Mavic Air battery page and put in your email so you can get a notice to be informed when the battery is again in stock.  That is how it is done with DJI products.  Listening to anyone but DJI is a mistake and will be a source for misinformation for you.  If DJI does not give you an answer, it is because there is no answer - the question is premature as I said.

You may not know about how this works which is why I am trying to tell you that if you want to get new batteries for your Mavic Air, you have to request that DJI email you when the batteries are back in stock.  You will receive an email notice when the batteries are back in stock.

Your bolded last question is premature and based on rumors.  DJI would be wasting way too much time if they responded to such rumors.  DJI is under no obligation to engage in worst business practices to satisfy your premature request.  That is real and you really should get the message.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-25
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 2-25 02:15
Mate,

You are giving all us Australians a bad rep. You have been rude and obnoxious to other members on this site. You will not listen to anyone and just want to have a cranky rant at everyone who tries to help.

Maybe God made a mistake given you a mouth

I still cant see why you are even on  this thread as your understanding and experience of drones is very limited .
But what i say stay out of this if you are not contributing to my question to DJI as you dont understand the question and it is a simple question remember this is a DJI Forum.
My experience in flying and Building drones forever brings me to yea i know what i am talking about also . ( have look at my feet flown to your measly record ) and thats just on the Air
So pull your head and stop criticize people when all they asking is a question to DJI
Have good day mate
2021-2-26
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2-25 22:05
Aloha Paul,

You seem to be having problems with your reading and comprehension.  This issue is real simple.

I have no problem in reading and comprehension .

You are the one who claims to know it all and give solutions that are not for the real world
Maybe you only a weekend drone flyer with limited experience that what it is showing to me,

Anyhow the question is to DJI
Has DJI stopped manufacturing Batteries as the word is around that they are classing the air as obsolete Yes or No ?
And that is so simple

Paul
2021-2-26
Use props
djiuser_crZG2cYgKfvH
lvl.1
Netherlands

The notion that it would be normal for a supplier to first wait for enough demand (shown by enough customers clicking on the notify back in stock button) before they would restock replacement batteries for a product that is  less than three years old is absurd.

The Mavic Air is an expensive product and owners should expect to be able to buy spare or replacement batteries at least as long as the expected life of the product.

So the question if these batteries will be back in stock or if DJI has stopped manufacturing is a completely valid question that should be answer by a DJI representative.

@Captain. As you are not a DJI representative and not able to answer that question, please refrain from further comments.
2021-2-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Paulp3 Posted at 2-26 01:50
I have no problem in reading and comprehension .

You are the one who claims to know it all and give solutions that are not for the real world

Aloha Paul,

See, now there you are proving yourself to not be able to read and comprehend again.  Where do I say that I know it all?  In fact, I say that only DJI knows their status in manufacturing Mavic Air parts and moving product around.

If you think you are so smart?  Why do you ask such stupid questions like your bold question you keep asking?  By my experience, DJI will never answer that "now" stupid question because they have not done so for six years so far.  And I have been on the Forum that whole time.  That is experience, not just knowledge.  BTW, six years ago that question was not so stupid.

So when you say I, "know it all", correct the point to, "if you think you know it all and have experienced that DJI has not answered such stupid questions for six years", then you are going to stupidly put the bold question out there so everyone can see how stupid you are.  And that is apparently to prove you are not wrong.  But what it does prove is how wrong and stupid you are.

Now, that is the correct phrasing of y our statement.  See, I do say what is correct when I see it!  

Just put in the email "in Stock" reminder.  Very easy, but it will be an admission that this whole thread of yours was a mistake.  But, it is OK to be wrong once in a while, and we will forgive you for being so stubborn.  Stubbornness can be helpful once in a while, just not in this case.

Remember, "someone who does stupid things over and over again expecting a different result is likely insane."  Have you seen your shrink lately?

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_crZG2cYgKfvH Posted at 2-26 04:48
The notion that it would be normal for a supplier to first wait for enough demand (shown by enough customers clicking on the notify back in stock button) before they would restock replacement batteries for a product that is  less than three years old is absurd.

The Mavic Air is an expensive product and owners should expect to be able to buy spare or replacement batteries at least as long as the expected life of the product.

Aloha djiuser_crZG2,

You really need to understand what DJI is doing.  Yes, what you stated is true.  That would be absurd.  But, you fail to understand why DJI has been the dominant force in drone technology and marketing for almost a decade.

DJI is not marketing the Mavic Air anymore.  That means that overstock and parts have a special consideration.  It also means that most manufacturing tools and jigs have not been destroyed or recycled as that would be premature (simple business practices for success).  So, basically manufacturing can resume if needed.  But the $million dollar$ question is, "Does DJI need to resume manufacturing of this part?"  It is likely that DJI has not reached that stage yet.  The question is premature.

If DJI can meet demand with existing distributed stock by moving it around, then they can reduce the number of disgruntled customers when they do release a "Do Not Support" designation.  But, a lot of research and servicing of customers needs to be done first.  And that servicing of customers gets more and more expensive as stock and parts dwindles.  Eventually research will reveal the cut-off point and the "Do Not Support" designation will be made.  Moving stock and parts around is simple business infrastructure.

The conclusion you have reached is not part of the real world.  It is part of the Western World but not everybody plays by Western rules.  Welcome to the real world!  If you do not like the real world, do not buy oriental products.  For example, your claim about three year minimal product life does not apply to the Chinese market and also does not apply to high technology in general for fast movers like DJI.  So, in DJI you have a fast moving Chinese company - a real double whammy!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-26
Use props
djiuser_crZG2cYgKfvH
lvl.1
Netherlands

Cetacean Posted at 2-26 12:18
Aloha djiuser_crZG2,

You really need to understand what DJI is doing.  Yes, what you stated is true.  That would be absurd.  But, you fail to understand why DJI has been the dominant force in drone technology and marketing for almost a decade.

Sure, whatever.

@Paulp3 : Ignore him, he is just a troll with the brains of a shrimp who craves for attention.

The only ones who can answer the question are DJI so unless they answer here, maybe it is best to just put in a service request.
2021-2-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_crZG2cYgKfvH Posted at 2-26 16:42
Sure, whatever.

@Paulp3 : Ignore him, he is just a troll with the brains of a shrimp who craves for attention.

Aloha djiuser_crZG2,

Mahalo for supporting me!  I have been trying to get him to do that for days now.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-26
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Paulp3 Posted at 2-26 01:43
Maybe God made a mistake given you a mouth

I still cant see why you are even on  this thread as your understanding and experience of drones is very limited .

Only Fools and Horses.

Which one are you. I choose what gets uploaded to DJI, donkey. Donkey or is it Mule?

Have a look at my DJI Icons to see what DJI Drones I fly.

I have been flying RC from before you were born.

You demonstrate not only are you stupid, but stupid and rude.

You embarrass me being a compatriot.

Other members of this site.

Please be assured that this member does not represent the majority of Australians.

I have had enough of trying to help you.

2021-2-26
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 2-26 23:43
Only Fools and Horses.

Which one are you. I choose what gets uploaded to DJI, donkey. Donkey or is it Mule?

Mate i suggest you are getting personal now

That shows me you are are not educated
How do you know how long I have been flying I was doing it with ruber bands
I have built 6 drones over the years from scratch i can claim my knowledge is up there
At present I have 32 RC Planes of different types and belong to 2 flying clubs and am a senior member in each.
I have handled LIPO Batteries since they have come out .
And who made you first Office unbelievable gone to your head
As you can see I have in my profile my usage of the  drone is 10x yours
You are the stupid one here and you have embarrassed us all
Please go educate your self and do not get involved in this tread as you have no knowledge on the matter.

Please do not participate  in this tread

Paul
2021-2-27
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Paulp3 Posted at 2-27 13:30
Mate i suggest you are getting personal now

That shows me you are are not educated

Those poor clubs. Senior mouth. Ha ha.

I give up trying to talk to you its like talking to a brick.
2021-2-27
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI would have stopped making any OEM accessories for the Mavic Air 1 as soon as the Air2 was released.
They don't support discontinued products at all.
2021-2-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules