OM4 with Samsung S21 Ultra
9681 17 2021-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deleted
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey all,

Has anyone tried OM4 with a Samsung S21 Ultra phone? Does it work? Does it have all the features as iPhone? I've seen a YouTube video in which a person showed android phone has fewer functions than IOS. Can someone confirm or deny any of this as I'm thinking of buying it but not sure if I should wait for the next big update from DJI.

Many thanks!
2021-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have posted. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S21 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM 4. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI OM 4 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... bility_List_en4.pdf ).  Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI OM 4 for the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.
2021-2-18
Use props
h1pst3r38
lvl.1
United States

Total junk! Bought the OM4 for my new S21 Ultra to shoot freestyle skiing only to find the Mimo joke of an app can't shoot 4k60 or 8k!

OM4 is a great piece of gear that is TOTALLY let down by toy-like software. What a joke, DJI.
2021-2-23
Use props
wildbill999
lvl.2
United States

All:

I just did some testing with the S 21 Ultra and the OM 4.
I used the magnetic pull apart clip and centered it as best I could however it
covered over the start up switch on this phone.
But I already had the MIMO app downloaded and on and once everything
is set up you will not need access to the switch. (You could use a pen tip
to turn it off if need be.)

I first tried a 4K video and the 53 second test clip is 308 MB at 3840 by 2160 resolution.
The portrait mode pans were functioning normally in all directions. Looks great!

The mic. pickup seemed normal using the S21's pickup.

I also tried the new zoom out feature but I was sitting down so I got
static video but not the right way to use it.

In photo mode I accidentally triggered a "burst" mode so I have a string
of photos of my wall and table but the images are crystal clear since I had everything
on the little grey tripod. Those images were 1080 by 1440 resolution.

Another static photo worked like normal and I had full range of the pan and tilt aspects.

The 9 picture Pano option had normal output.

That's as far as I go to date. That's the good news here is the bad news.
I could not get the OM 4 to film in landscape mode. It could be the weight of the phone
is a problem or it could be me. I have only used this once before with my S8
which is much lighter.

Did not try the flash or how to access the S21's ultra other lens features.

But as far as portrait mode goes with 70% testing of the modes I give it a 10.

More later,
Bill Kranz
UPDATE:
Someone on Reddit said you have to reposition the clip to get it centered properly. So I am going to move mine towards the cameras
by 1/4 inch and try again till it flips up to the landscape mode. Then I will report back if it works.
2021-2-27
Use props
djiuser_qUOauUbCULDF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1026526 ft
  • >>>
Spain

My new DJI OM 4 Faild to install the Firmware update and now I can not use it at all. I connect it to the PC and the App doesn't even recognize it. What solution do you get before I ask the money back for it?
2021-3-1
Use props
wildbill999
lvl.2
United States

Its for smart phones, right?
What phone do you have?

I don't think it has its own software per se it works with the MEMO app.

There should be some way to clear the old files out and try again.

You could ask on reddit.

Bill
2021-3-1
Use props
djiuser_KAq3t9O9nhVt
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-18 19:35
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have posted. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S21 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM 4. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI OM 4 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI%20OM%204/DJI_OM_4_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en4.pdf ).  Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI OM 4 for the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

Hello, is there any update on the compatibility of the OM4 and the Samsung S21 Ultra? At least what and what is not compatible at this point.

Thank you
2021-4-14
Use props
djiuser_FgkpEgD62FK5
New

Germany

I ordered both products due to two independent recommendations and just learned about the incompatibility. I can't believe one of the top selling gimbals is not compatible with one of the best selling smartphones of 2021. Any news on this? Is support on its way? What is working and what is not?
2021-5-15
Use props
Christian_Swiss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21847 ft
Switzerland

I have an S21 Plus with OM4, the Mimo app is a disaster.
Impossible to use the 30x zoom, we do not go further than 8x.
I do not have the idea of making videos with this zoom, but I sometimes need it to observe in the distance.
I acquired OM4 to stabilize when I use the zoom.

In addition, remote control is not possible, while other manufacturers offer it.
2021-6-6
Use props
wildbill999
lvl.2
United States

Christian_Swiss Posted at 6-6 07:39
I have an S21 Plus with OM4, the Mimo app is a disaster.
Impossible to use the 30x zoom, we do not go further than 8x.
I do not have the idea of making videos with this zoom, but I sometimes need it to observe in the distance.

Hi,

I have not used it much since I need to film in landscape mode.

Cannot find anything else yet.
Bill
2021-6-6
Use props
wildbill999
lvl.2
United States

Update:

I have started a search for a gimbal that can support landscape mode.
Don't need an app per se.
There are some cheaper gimbals that hold the phone up top
in open space. This may work but the size and weight is an issue.

Keeps falling out of my car clamp lol!!

I handheld a short clip in landscape and it was superior to the Pocket Cam I have.
No contest.

Every 10 minutes of rendering 8 k in vegas pro 14 takes over an hour.

Thanks,
Bill

2021-6-6
Use props
noerrm
New
United States

I just purchased the OM4 and I have a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G.  Bottom line:  Don't waste your time.  Does it work?  Yes.  Does it work with all of the technology in your phone? No.  The S21 Ultra has a 100x zoom.  The OM4 maxes out at 8x.  If you use wireless charging, the ring mount is so thck that it will not allow your phone to connect to most wireless bases.  If you use the smartphone clip, it will cover your power button.  If your case is too thick it will also fall off.  I use DJI drones so I thought this would be good.  Unfortunately, like their drones, it's only sub-par at best.  It's going back to hte store today and I'll look for somethign that works with better technology.  DJI is really good at working with inferior products because they can make themselves look awesome.  Problem is, Samsung is not inferior to DJI and DJI just can't keep up.
2021-9-24
Use props
Joseph Techie Gonzalez
New

United States

noerrm Posted at 9-24 08:05
I just purchased the OM4 and I have a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G.  Bottom line:  Don't waste your time.  Does it work?  Yes.  Does it work with all of the technology in your phone? No.  The S21 Ultra has a 100x zoom.  The OM4 maxes out at 8x.  If you use wireless charging, the ring mount is so thck that it will not allow your phone to connect to most wireless bases.  If you use the smartphone clip, it will cover your power button.  If your case is too thick it will also fall off.  I use DJI drones so I thought this would be good.  Unfortunately, like their drones, it's only sub-par at best.  It's going back to hte store today and I'll look for somethign that works with better technology.  DJI is really good at working with inferior products because they can make themselves look awesome.  Problem is, Samsung is not inferior to DJI and DJI just can't keep up.

Can the gimbal itself control 100 time zoom without using the gimbals app?
I want to be able to use the zoom slider on the gimbal to do 100 times Zoom.
2021-12-6
Use props
Alecs.Suciu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51670 ft
Romania

a total disaster combining OM4 with S21 ULTRA !. disconnects once every 3 to 5 minutes!!!!!!!
2021-12-9
Use props
vip1968
lvl.1
Turkey

Any good news for updating OM4 dji firmware to work perfect with Samsung S21 ULTRA?
2021-12-13
Use props
djiuser_jTVxPlGEy7lW
New

Finland

Hello! Trying right now and can't understand much) just with connection. It tells me that phone cannot connect with the device. probably its because I didn't register om4 to my phone.. should I delete the app and try it from the beginning?  is anybody here who can help with explanation, plz?
2021-12-16
Use props
djiuser_jTVxPlGEy7lW
New

Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-18 19:35
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have posted. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S21 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM 4. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI OM 4 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI%20OM%204/DJI_OM_4_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en4.pdf ).  Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI OM 4 for the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

Hey! could you answer my question! I purchased the 4th stabilizer from Samsung 21 ultra, how to get them right? I am completely confused, it seems that in some random way they sometimes connect and sometimes not. I watched the video, DJI OM 4 - How to activate, and now I doubted if I did everything right from the beginning .. whether I need to uninstall the application and reinstall it for the connection to work correctly. Thanks!
2021-12-16
Use props
HelkOn
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I just bought a new OM4 for my S21 Ultra. After buying i tried to open the MIMO app and the only thing that happens is crashing after touching the MIMO icon. Any planned update that can solve this?
2021-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules