GPS Disconnected
5314 2 2021-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Baron Von Rich
lvl.1
United States

Hey
Out of warranty Spark has been sitting for quite awhile and when I went to use it I am getting no GPS.
Won't take off at all withough some form of GPS.
Calibrated compass, left outside for a couple of batteries hoping to get any GPS signal. Nothing.
Took the top off and inspected the GPS unit and cable but could see no obvious problems.
Have been troubleshooting and scouring the internet for any fixes but it looks like my best bet is to buy an ebay GPS module replacement and cross my fingers.
Buying a battery lock strap while I'm at it.
What is the common failure of the GPS module?
Anyone have any other advice?
thanks

2021-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Baron Von Rich. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We recommend performing a quick firmware update or refresh via the DJI Assistant 2 and see if that would help. Should the same problem persists, we advise returning the unit back to our Service Center to have it check. You can reach our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket.
2021-2-20
Use props
Baron Von Rich
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Gamora.
I did upgrade and downgrade the firmware with no effect.

I have already ordered the replacement GPS module so I am hoping that will fix it up.

I don't think it ever had a crash but probably spark  wasn't stored with the care it deserved.

This is my favorite thread on a self fix:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=140697

2021-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules