RTH Test
842 2 2021-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

I flew my MA2 about 20 yards form me at just 30 feet altitude and while it was moving forward, turned off the control box.  Forward movement stopped immediately and after 10 seconds it dropped about 5 feet!  Then it rose to my RTH altitude (300 feet) and came home.  Next, I did it again at about 100-foot altitude just to see if I imagined the dropping.  This time, it stopped forward movement, then after 10 seconds started the RTH at the present altitude about 10 yards, then stopped again and rose to the RTH altitude and came home.  
Next, I flew due north at 250 feet and full throttle (in normal mode) so my bird was running at 25 mph.  after a while it started giving me warnings and I kept it pushed full ahead.  At just over a mile it lost contact (intended but scary just the same).  After about 20 seconds control was restored and I switched to Sport mode so I could bring it home faster – at 40 mph.

Looking at the video of the flight (below) there is no sign of either strange behavior when signal was lost. It spent a few moments looking back and forth seeking the home point but did not appear to drop or move forward until it reached the 300-foot mark.  

This will make me bolder when I see those warnings when getting too far from home.  
[color=var(--ytcp-link-color)]

2021-2-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The warnings are basically to remind you to fly within the Rules. You could have had just turned off RC and craft would have flown home. Not sure what occurred in first Rth if you post flight log it will help. Your craft will always RTH as long as you Have GPS signal .
2021-2-20
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

I know it is supposed to fly home.. but i wanted to see it do it before taking it a mile away and letting it do it on its own.  That is why i first turned off the control box (you called it "RC"), then did it for real.  I did the same thing with my P3A before taking it to far away.  
2021-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules