Altitude and distance restricted
10716 23 2021-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Turfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

For the last few flights I have been gettign a very annoing warning stating that my altitude and distance is restricted.

First warning:
Flight altitude restricted. Log in or go to real-name authentication (Code: 120948)

Followed by:
Max altitude reached (Altitude limit: 30 m)

What I also noticed is that at homepoint update is setting restictions:
Setting new Return-To-Home altitude to 50m (164 ft). Data Recorder File Index is 7. Setting new Maximum Flight Altitude to 30m (98 ft)

Fact is that:
I am logged in at the DJI Fly app
My max altitude is set to 100 meters
My max distance is set to 2000 meters

So clearly this is all a bug, but how do I fix it and did anyone experince the same?

@DJI
When do you plan to fix this?
Why is the log inconsistent only showing max altitude set and not distance on RTH update?
Why is the log inconsistent only showing when reaching max altitude and not max distance?
If the app belives that I'm not logged in why does the flight status then show Normal?
2021-2-21
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Denmark

Well now I at least fixed the issue by logging out and back in on the DJI Fly app!

.....But it’s really annoying to be in the field with the drone and experience these bugs and I do hope that DJI will get it fixed together with the other issues pointed out in my DJI Mini 2 / DJI Fly app continued issue list

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233345

2021-2-21
Use props
ResonatorUAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1671280 ft
United Kingdom

This happened to me for the first time today.  I had no clue why it happened because the location I had  been flying at had previously been fine.
About an hour later I was at a different location and everything was working as it should thankfully.
2021-2-21
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

I’m glad you figured it out.,I’ve had it happen a few times as well it’s crazy
2021-2-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems a lot of people are reporting this issue here hopefully it will get fixed soon.
2021-2-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had this happen twice:  "Log in or go to real-name authentication (Code: 120948)"  

Logging out and back in fixed it both times.  Fortunately, it hasn't happened since those 2 times.  

Hopefully DJI will fix it in the next update.  
2021-2-22
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Denmark

.....and during todays flight it happend again!!

Since no app or firmware update has triggered this problem I suspect that DJI might be messing with the backend system.

@DJI, this is really annoying especially as you do not see it until you reach the limits of altitude or distance. App is stating "Normal" and no pop-up is warning you prior to takeoff. NOT GOOD AT ALL!
2021-2-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ditto.....
2021-2-22
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Happened to me once, just needed to logout and log in again.
2021-2-22
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Denmark

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 2-22 10:03
Happened to me once, just needed to logout and log in again.

I also managed to correct the issue by logging out and in again BUT what will happen if I'm in a location with no data connection. You are not able to do the logout and login without a data connection!

Personally a travel a lot in remote areas without any data connection and that is actually also where I use my drone. That is why this issue worries me.

@DJI, how would I recover from this error with no data connection?
2021-2-23
Use props
GaryM50
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377 ft
United Kingdom

As mentioned in another thread, I also have this recurring issue and have found that switching to airplane mode (no Data Connection at all) works for me every time.
I switch my phone into airplane mode before I open the Fly app.  
Having tried logging out and in again many times without success, this workaround works for me.
2021-2-23
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Denmark

F...! today it happened again and I wasted half a battery before I managed to get it fixed. Moreover after changing battery and planning to continue the job it happened all over again!!!! DJI - GET IT FIXED OR REMOVE THE RESTRICTION COMPLETELY FROM THE SOFTWARE!!!

App and Firmware versions:
DJI Fly IOS version: 1.3.1 (on Iphone 11)
Mini 2 firmware version: 02.00.1200
Flysafe database version: 01.00.01.19

2021-3-18
Use props
fans017bca4d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

I had this problem too, I had to go home to have wifi and reconnect,
2021-3-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The best advice I can give here is once you are running a version of the software and firmware that suits you leave it alone and never update anything believe me you will have more joy
2021-3-19
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Denmark

Well, being an engineer this approach is totally unacceptable to me and by the way I'm not and have not been at a point where I'm happy with the function of the Mini 2.

The software and functionality should evolve by new versions and I also do accept to see minor bugs from time to time as long as they get fixed fast. Problem with DJI firmware and app's is that they do not fix known bugs, and on top of that do not report the changes made from version to version. Software and integration testing looks to be poor and with very low variance coverage.
2021-3-19
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Denmark

Below the reply I got from DJI support........I get so tired!!
It would be good if they started looking a bit into the forum to understand that it's not single user observations........

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. With this, please check the list of the reason why the unit flew in a limited height and distance.

a. In the flight tutorial, the flight altitude is limited to 30 meters, and the flight distance is limited to 50 meters.
b. The flight height and distance are set in the flight settings in DJI Fly.
c. When taking off in an environment with poor GPS signals (where the number of satellites searched does not reach the minimum requirement for the aircraft to hover), the flight altitude will be restricted.
d. If the pilot does not register the aircraft in China with their real name, the flight altitude will be limited to 30 meters, and the flight distance will be limited to 50 meters.

Kindly check if the SIM card is a Chinese SIM card? or if the aircraft is connected with the Wi-Fi with VPN? If yes, please change a SIM with a local carrier, or disconnect the VPN.
You may restart again the aircraft and mobile device or enable the flight/airplane mode on the mobile device to see if the problem will persist or not.

e. There is a propeller guard mounted.

Should you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach us back.

2021-3-23
Use props
kevinbkk123
lvl.2

Thailand

Brand new Mavic Air 2 and have the same issue. Cannot fly more than 50 meters (horizontal) and 30 meters (vertical). I get the same message ("Log in or go to real-name authentication") despite being logged in and having the drone linked to my account. What a bummer! Seems like this issue affects many based on all the various forum posts I've seen.
2021-4-7
Use props
djiuser_k4e5h3FBParw
lvl.1

Canada

Turfolk Posted at 3-23 00:52
Below the reply I got from DJI support........I get so tired!!
It would be good if they started looking a bit into the forum to understand that it's not single user observations........

I have the same problem as you (Air 2), I'm often out of cellular range AND I have the smart controller (only has wifi).  I'm not super impressed...  are you still encountering the issue as well?  I was in an area the other day with no cell reception and basically couldn't even fly it.  Love spending that kind of money and can't actually use it.
2021-6-20
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Denmark

djiuser_k4e5h3FBParw Posted at 6-20 08:45
I have the same problem as you (Air 2), I'm often out of cellular range AND I have the smart controller (only has wifi).  I'm not super impressed...  are you still encountering the issue as well?  I was in an area the other day with no cell reception and basically couldn't even fly it.  Love spending that kind of money and can't actually use it.

I encountered it latest on the privies IOS app version. Haven’t had any flight time on the latest app version so cant tell if it’s fixed but most likely not.

It’s a simple bug i the app that from time to time fails to acknowledge that you are logged in. Only thing to do is to restart both drone, remote and app……but by then what you wanted to capture is gone…..
2021-6-20
Use props
djiuser_u3RfIx6jy2Ri
New

United Kingdom

I’ve suffered the same problem, UK based with an Air 2, not in a restricted zone. I restarted my iPad and that seemed to fix it. But changed the battery on the air 2 and the problem started again. Let’s just hope DJI take comments on their forums seriously and get this fixed soon
2021-6-22
Use props
BFieldsPhoto
New
Thailand

For me the first flight of each day is unrestricted. After the first battery change I end up getting these limits imposed. Today I logged out and back in and turned off the devices but still no luck. First Flight always seems to work, then after first burnt battery I am limited. Extremely annoying to travel ton  location and me limited.
Update: Airplane Mode did the trick!
2021-6-29
Use props
fanscbd5fa92
lvl.1
Flight distance : 601122 ft
Thailand

Well I nearly lost my new Air2s.  I was in the mountains and launched  about 90ft up and when it reached about 160ft distance i got the “log in or real name” error.  Also for some reasons it wouldn’t allow me to fly it back either to land because of the altitude being restricted.  I left it hovering for nearly 20mins going crazy trying to figure out wtf was going on. I got lucky that time because I was able to land below on a small road.   The area I was trying to fly was a green zone.  I’ve been scared since to fly my new drone in a area I wouldn’t be able to retrieve, it’s happened several times after.  Logging out/log in, reinstall app hasn’t help much either.  But one thing like others have mentioned works, which is putting my iPhone in “airplane mode” before starting the fly app.   
7CFA3E25-AA27-473A-AB90-68A39A731F31.png
2021-8-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turfolk Posted at 2-23 02:24
I also managed to correct the issue by logging out and in again BUT what will happen if I'm in a location with no data connection. You are not able to do the logout and login without a data connection!

Personally a travel a lot in remote areas without any data connection and that is actually also where I use my drone. That is why this issue worries me.

Return To Home
2021-8-2
Use props
AgniesMT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2644108 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

This STILL is not fixed. I've been having same issues for a while now, it's very annoying to have to log out and log in again, sometimes it doesn't work until I restart drone. Flying MA2. Please, fix!
2021-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules