Winter Park
509 11 2021-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThalisBl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Another short video from the local park (living in London during lockdown is a bit of meh :-) ).

Two sections 10 days apart. First one with snow, cold and wind, the second one with better (almost spring) weather.

I used Litchi for all the shots and experiement a bit with orbit, follow me and track me. I must admit it works nicely and gives some good shots without hassle. I am looking forward to be able to go a bit further out and try it with the bike and in more interesting places.

Also I have to mention, again, the nice footage this small drone gives. The wind was not ally in the first section and it is visible in all shots (although I tried to stabilize the footage in post production). It is a learning curve though, because I think with strong winds you need a bit of more speed in order to have more stable video and also avoid complicated movements.

Other than this the Mini did behave very good under all conditions :-)

2021-2-21
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Congrats for your editing...  very good editing.

I wish my software could do the same with the progressive speed transitions, with the one I use it's just one speed or another... no fades, also you have to do it the old fashion way, cut a footage, leave one part behind and speed up the latter, cut again, slow it down... should you ever need to change it you have to do it all over again... a nightmare.
2021-2-21
Use props
ThalisBl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 2-21 12:36

I wish my software could do the same with the progressive speed transitions, with the one I use it's just one speed or another... no fades, also you have to do it the old fashion way, cut a footage, leave one part behind and speed up the latter, cut again, slow it down... should you ever need to change it you have to do it all over again... a nightmare.

Thank you. I use the free version of DaVinci Resolve. It is a bit demanding hardware wise though
2021-2-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ThalisBl. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this wonderful video you have filmed. Great work and keep on flying. .
2021-2-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

m80116 Posted at 2-21 12:36

I wish my software could do the same with the progressive speed transitions, with the one I use it's just one speed or another... no fades, also you have to do it the old fashion way, cut a footage, leave one part behind and speed up the latter, cut again, slow it down... should you ever need to change it you have to do it all over again... a nightmare.

^^exactly what i was going to say, i second that:  ditch your software and get the free davinci resolve and you'll have more than you need.

nice video!
2021-2-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2021-2-22
Use props
ThalisBl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thank you :-)
2021-2-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done.    Using Litchi makes the mini so much better.
2021-2-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're very welcome.
2021-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice!
2021-2-22
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

The Saint Posted at 2-21 21:26
^^exactly what i was going to say, i second that:  ditch your software and get the free davinci resolve and you'll have more than you need.

nice video!

Easily said than done... it took me 13 years to get started with Vegas. Tbh 13 years ago I gave up and sold my camera equipment as the tech wasn't really mature enough: you spend 11 hours on a project and then the file and whatever you do goes terminal... you try to recover from an earlier version and you find out the file was plagued from 2 minutes in...

I still haven't got a glue as to how some people can cope with all this on a day to day basis... shoot 100x rolls to produce 1 take, mix 100 takes to get a one off and spend 100 times more than you used shooting the rolls in the first place. Utter madness... makes me rather prefer automated videos with the DJI Fly app!
2021-2-22
Use props
ThalisBl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 2-22 15:21
Easily said than done... it took me 13 years to get started with Vegas. Tbh 13 years ago I gave up and sold my camera equipment as the tech wasn't really mature enough: you spend 11 hours on a project and then the file and whatever you do goes terminal... you try to recover from an earlier version and you find out the file was plagued from 2 minutes in...

I still haven't got a glue as to how some people can cope with all this on a day to day basis... shoot 100x rolls to produce 1 take, mix 100 takes to get a one off and spend 100 times more than you used shooting the rolls in the first place. Utter madness... makes me rather prefer automated videos with the DJI Fly app!

I use Power Director for 2-3 years now but Davinci Resolve is much more powerful and with more features, even in the free version. The basics are the same and you need a bit of time to get used to the extra bits. The only think, as I said, is that you need a quite powerful pc.

For more serious projects (serious as defined for any individual anyway) you need to plan the shooting otherwise you end with hours and hours of useless footage. It is not very easy but it can be done. For a 5 min video you need about 25 to 40 shots. So if you plan this shots you can be much better orginised for the post production :-)

Also I am not expert lol....just learning and it is always try and error and try again etc etc
2021-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules