Video has real white tint and greenish all around?
1258 13 2015-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SacTownRob
lvl.1

United States

Hard to describe but the video quality is bad and not to sure what to change to attempt to correct this?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Robert
2015-7-10
Use props
jeremy.keller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you post an example that might help
2015-7-10
Use props
SacTownRob
lvl.1

United States

2015-7-10
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

If I were to guess I'd say the signal carrying the 'blue' part of the RGB is loose or broken, probably on the ribbon cable between the camera and the motherboard.

Just a guess, though.
2015-7-10
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

That's a broken camera.  Send it back to DJI for repair.
2015-7-10
Use props
SacTownRob
lvl.1

United States

Is there a way to check that or fix it? Weird that a cable would be broken being that Ive only flown it 3 times and for a very limited time but thanks for the reply.
2015-7-10
Use props
przemek
lvl.2
Poland

I have similar effect while watching video on my tablet connected to remote controller, however on my PC video is ok.
I believe that this is codecs issue on mobile device.
2015-7-11
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

SacTownRob Posted at 2015-7-11 01:53
Is there a way to check that or fix it? Weird that a cable would be broken being that Ive only flown ...

I would strongly suggest that the issue is a missing blue color signal from the camera.  This can be verified by looking at any video you've recorded.  Videos will have the same problem - missing blue element.  If the videos are OK, it could be your display device.  I'd bet it's the camera cable or the camera itself.

Cables can come loose with use.  It has happened to me many times although not with my P3P.  However, and I hate to say this, you will probably need to have your drone repaired.
2015-7-14
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

young.selina@ro Posted at 2015-7-17 18:26
He has magenta and green - if the blue was missing he would have red and green

I think magenta comes from green and red.  Try it out in Gimp or some other color app.

It would be nice to see the videos, though.

2015-7-17
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

young.selina@ro Posted at 2015-7-18 04:18

A picture tells the story of a thousand words - look for yourself ...

Well, you really should TRY before you buy.

I can take the blue completely out of a color image, leaving only red and green, and duplicate the image posted above.  So can you, if you TRY it!

You are misinterpreting the data on that wiki page.

2015-7-20
Use props
alexassenmacher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 216430 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Guys it's not a blue missing thing. The info transmitted of the image above is just broken or missing. I think there's only two possibilites:
either it's a hardware problem such as one or more cables in the drone are not connected properly OR, it's a software transmitting issue, I guess this is a screenshot of your ipad/smartphone? Or can you see it properly on your computer?
I believe it's more of a hardware problem and you will have to get it repaired :/.
Once you've got the solution, let us please know what it was!
2015-7-21
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

alexassenmacher Posted at 2015-7-21 17:26
Guys  it's not a blue missing thing. The info transmitted of the image above is just broken or mis ...

Ah, thanks for agreeing with me.

However, a broken cable or whatever is still a "blue missing thing".  ;)

2015-7-21
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

All, I have cleaned up this thread.  The emotions have gotten way out of hand.

To the OP, contact DJI for repair or replacement of your camera.
2015-7-26
Use props
SacTownRob
lvl.1

United States

Ok, wanted to let everyone know what happened. First off, thanks to all who replied!
Alright, so I saved the video to the sd card instead of cache locally. I pulled up the video from the sd card on my laptop and the video is perfect.
So, the issue is either the app, my phone or the streaming of data.
Im waiting for the DJI Pilot GO app for android because I dont have an iPad or iPhone. Will let you all know my results.

Thanks again.
2015-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules