Drone shots keep coming out BLURRY!!! SOS
7103 13 2021-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SellingLNK402
lvl.1

United States

I recently got a DJI Mavic 2 Pro to help grow my business. I have been shooting take photos and videos everything is blurry. I have watched every YouTube video called and DJI customer service. They say it's because my iPhone 11 is not compatible with the DJI go 4 app. When I take the SD card out and straight to my laptop the images are still blurry. I don't understand how my phone can make images captured on the drone blurry. If I changed to iPhone 8 or iPad would that make a difference?
2021-2-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Whoever is telling you that the blurred images are due to your phone is giving you false information. Your phone has no effect on the focus. Are you tapping on the screen to make the camera focus before taking the shot?
2021-2-24
Use props
SellingLNK402
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2-24 13:43
Whoever is telling you that the blurred images are due to your phone is giving you false information. Your phone has no effect on the focus. Are you tapping on the screen to make the camera focus before taking the shot?

Yes. I tried that as well.
2021-2-24
Use props
SellingLNK402
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2-24 13:43
Whoever is telling you that the blurred images are due to your phone is giving you false information. Your phone has no effect on the focus. Are you tapping on the screen to make the camera focus before taking the shot?

Do I have to take the pictures straight from the SD card to the computer for best pics?
2021-2-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

SellingLNK402 Posted at 2-24 16:04
Do I have to take the pictures straight from the SD card to the computer for best pics?

It is best to go from the SD card to a computer, as importing them via your phone may result in lower quality images. The reason is that some phones, particularly Apple ones, perform additional compression during transfers in order to ensure there is room on the phone.
2021-2-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SellingLNK402 Posted at 2-24 16:04

That's the only place you'll find the original shots.
Post one of the problem shots and it might help to diagnode the issue.
2021-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SellingLNK402. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please post a sample photo showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further. Thank you.
2021-2-24
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Photos can be blurry because of focus error (the subject is not in focus), or because of movement during exposure (too slow shutter speed). If the photos are taken with high ISO setting, they contain noise, which some will call blurry photos. Photos shot with wide open aperture is not as sharp as those taken with a smaller aperture. Around 5.6 is an optimal aperture for the Mavic 2. And of course check if the front lens is clean.
Do you use autofocus or manual focus?
As others have said, we need to see an un-edited full resolution photo from your sd-card.
2021-2-25
Use props
SellingLNK402
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 2-24 18:32
That's the only place you'll find the original shots.
Post one of the problem shots and it might help to diagnode the issue.

here you go if this lets you see the pic
2021-2-25
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

This photo looks oversharpened and noisy. We need the original, full-resolution file from the SD-card.
2021-2-25
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

SellingLNK402 Posted at 2-25 05:22
[view_image]

As stated in a previous reply...Way too much sharpening...If this is indeed straight off the SD card from the drone, try doing a reset of the camera settings (it's in the photo settings through the app) and try again?

The phone has nothing to do with your problem unless you are importing the photos through the phone and letting it modify the image somehow.
2021-2-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SellingLNK402 Posted at 2-25 05:22
[view_image]

The reason the pic looks blurry is that it's a tiny cached image only 960 x 640 pixels. (0.6 megapixels)
It's only blurry if you enlarge it more than its small size allows.
The real image files  for a Mavic 2 pro (on the SD card) are 5472×3648 (20 Megapixels).

Pop the card, put it in a USB card reader and copy the files to your computer and everything will be fine.
2021-2-25
Use props
SellingLNK402
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 2-25 05:57
The reason the pic looks blurry is that it's a tiny cached image only 960 x 640 pixels. (0.6 megapixels)
It's only blurry if you enlarge it more than its small size allows.
The real image files  for a Mavic 2 pro (on the SD card) are 5472×3648 (20 Megapixels).

This has solved the problem.  Thank you! I now understand WHY my photos look the way they do. My drone is actually fine.
2021-2-25
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

SellingLNK402 Posted at 2-25 12:05
This has solved the problem.  Thank you! I now understand WHY my photos look the way they do. My drone is actually fine.

Are you a realtor? Nice house
2021-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules