P2 problems Youtube behind-the-scenes: face-tracking & TL
576 5 2021-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chasg
lvl.2

Switzerland

I loaned my P2 to youtuber/instagrammer @londonviewpoints, and he wasn't too happy with the face-tracking problems when vlogging (embarassing for me, as I foolishly believed the specs and told him it would face-track), and he was super unhappy with the fact that the P2 won't do timelapse in flashlight mode:

He's definitely not going to buy a P2, as he'd want it for vlogging (he was very excited to borrow mine, until he discovered that face-tracking was so inconsistent).

He is happy with the quality of the photograhic raws, but having to manually trigger the P2 when it's in flashlight orientation is a big disappointment, as it should be the perfect camera for the sort of cool timelapse movements he was trying out in his video. What really bothers us is that the Osmo Pocket ver. 1 _does_ do timelapse in flashlight orientation (and video, of course), but, of course, in jpeg only.

We're baffled as to why DJI has crippled the P2 in this way (and why my earlier post asking about this problem has remained unanswered).
2021-2-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Still quite good footage!
2021-2-26
Use props
chasg
lvl.2

Switzerland

Montfrooij Posted at 2-26 10:12
Still quite good footage!

ha ha, no doubt about that! He's very clever. Frankly, I'm impressed that he persevered with the manual shutter clicks, I might've just chucked the whole array in the river and sulked home ;-)

I spent today testing the same idea with my own slider. I had the P2 upright (mounted in the DJI selfie stick), so I could have it run a timelapse normally (I was moving through some railings, no need for flashlight mode). But I'll soon be trying smaller spaces, and it sure would be nice to have timelapse work in that mode, DJI!
2021-2-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

chasg Posted at 2-26 11:19
ha ha, no doubt about that! He's very clever. Frankly, I'm impressed that he persevered with the manual shutter clicks, I might've just chucked the whole array in the river and sulked home ;-)

I spent today testing the same idea with my own slider. I had the P2 upright (mounted in the DJI selfie stick), so I could have it run a timelapse normally (I was moving through some railings, no need for flashlight mode). But I'll soon be trying smaller spaces, and it sure would be nice to have timelapse work in that mode, DJI!

Yeah I get it!
2021-2-26
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

That was quite an enjoyable video !   Also highlights the uniqueness of the OP when it comes to those sort of shots, not many cameras would fit through that tiny railing.

However that was an awful lot of shutter press's needed.
2021-3-1
Use props
chasg
lvl.2

Switzerland

MKosmo Posted at 3-1 07:33
That was quite an enjoyable video !   Also highlights the uniqueness of the OP when it comes to those sort of shots, not many cameras would fit through that tiny railing.

However that was an awful lot of shutter press's needed.

Yes, he's very entertaining (and a top photog as well! :-)

The OP really is unique, if only it'd work as advertised (and also still had the P1's ability to shoot TL in flashlight mode, arrgh sooo frustrated!).

2021-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules