What can cause Strong Remote Controller Interference
1861 4 2021-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Yesterday I was flying on a specific location and had one strong remote controller interference warning during a 20 min flight. Today I got 10 same warnings flying from the same location but about 30m away from the first location on an open field. I did not hear any warnings or saw any warnings on the phone screen. I only saw this today when I opened up the text file from the phone in the Flight Record Analysis Program FRAP. The thing is that it says it is a trong remote controller interference but it comes under the heading in the program Warning Low and not under the Warning High. I never notised any strange behavour of the Mavic 2 Pro. The location is open land and now houses or electics around it. What could cause this problem?

Edit: Would it be possible to see if there is any interference when looking at the Immage Transmission Settings screen?
2021-2-27
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Got it. The problem seams to be either a small sewerage pump house or another small hut, which I checked out what it was and it was a toilet, which may also may have an electric motor to pump away the waste. I will later go away from this area and do another test to confirm this. By doing a screen recording on my phone during the entire flight, I did see the warning coming up saying: strong remote controller interference.
2021-2-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

kyalami Posted at 2-28 03:23
Got it. The problem seams to be either a small sewerage pump house or another small hut, which I checked out what it was and it was a toilet, which may also may have an electric motor to pump away the waste. I will later go away from this area and do another test to confirm this. By doing a screen recording on my phone during the entire flight, I did see the warning coming up saying: strong remote controller interference.

Could be the electric pump motor has an improperly shielded cable.  Electrical cables can be adversely affected by EMI/RFI/ESI (electromagnetic interference, radio frequency interference, electrostatic interference) also known as signal interference.  Insulation alone provides no protection from signal interference.  To preclude the effects of signal interference proper shielding is crucial.  
2021-2-28
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-28 07:01
Could be the electric pump motor has an improperly shielded cable.  Electrical ables can be adversely affected by EMI/RFI/ESI (electromagnetic interference, radio frequency interference, electrostatic interference) also known as signal interference.  Insulation alone provides no protection from signal interference.  To preclude the effects of signal interference proper shielding is crucial.

Thanks for the information. I just read about this type of interference in another forum and that was why I went around and checked what was in the area I was flying.
2021-2-28
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

You beauty. Confirmed. New location not far away from the first locations and no strong remote controller interference warnings. I feel that the warnings for this is quite short on the screen and that is why I was missed it and there was no audio warning for this either. Just wonder if it would not be nice to hear some special sound warning for things like this, just to make you look down on the phone screen and see what is happening, or am I missing something here?
2021-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules