Drone Color
3058 16 2021-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Hi everyone. I have a very hard time seeing my Drone in the sky because it blends in to much on clear skyes and cloudy Skype.I had someone fly over me with a Mavic and it was so much easier to see. Do others have this problem or is it just me.
Looking for ideas.  New skin or to paint the bottom..
just looking for different opinions .
Doug
2021-2-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i don't have a problem seeing my ma2 but i only fly no higher than 400ft agl.  you can turn the bottom light to always ON and you can't miss it when it is overhead or nearby.
2021-2-28
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-28 15:31
i don't have a problem seeing my ma2 but i only fly no higher than 400ft agl.  you can turn the bottom light to always ON and you can't miss it when it is overhead or nearby.

Yea but the ma2 is bigger and is a darker color and the mini & mini 2 are light color.and they don’t have a bottom light.
Doug
2021-2-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donut Michigan Posted at 2-28 16:20
Yea but the ma2 is bigger and is a darker color and the mini & mini 2 are light color.and they don’t have a bottom light.
Doug

sorry thought i was in the ma2 forum and you were talking about your ma2.

for the mini, you should get a strobe light and attach it to the rear arm. that's what i do and it's blinking and even in daylight you can see, the size of the drone is not a factor.  otherwise you are right, the mini is hard to see at height.
2021-2-28
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-28 19:04
sorry thought i was in the ma2 forum and you were talking about your ma2.

for the mini, you should get a strobe light and attach it to the rear arm. that's what i do and it's blinking and even in daylight you can see, the size of the drone is not a factor.  otherwise you are right, the mini is hard to see at height.

That’s fine. Might try to figure out ho I can mount it on the bottom somehow without blocking the air vents I wish I knew someone with a 3D printer
2021-2-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Donut Michigan. Good day and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I hope that our fellow DJI Co pilots can give out there valued insight on how they make there DJI Mini 2 visible when flying from a distant. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drones. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use and there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2021-2-28
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

something like this could help:
https://www.amazon.de/Hunpta-was ... M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95 % C3% 91 & dchild = 1 & keywords = dji + mini + 2 & qid = 1614582604 & sr = 8-5

or
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2021-2-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check out https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/ ... =2&startfrom=21
2021-3-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Doug, I used a strobe on my Mini 2 for a while but switched to skins from DecalGirl.  It makes it much easier to see the Mini 2 in the bright daylight.  They include skin for Mini 2, controller and battery labels.  The skin not only covers top of the drone but the bottom as well and is designed to not block air vents.  I have their skins on my Mini, Mini 2 and MA2.

Mini 2 Skins

UPDATE:  Sorry, I just saw that DAFlys already posted for DecalGirl.  

2021-3-1
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-1 07:17
Doug, I used a strobe on my Mini 2 for a while but switched to skins from DecalGirl.  It makes it much easier to see the Mini 2 in the bright daylight.  They include skin for Mini 2, controller and battery labels.  The skin not only covers top of the drone but the bottom as well and is designed to not block air vents.  I have their skins on my Mini, Mini 2 and MA2.

Mini 2 Skins

Thanks Downtown. It looks like that’s what I’m gonna have to do.  How hard are those to install. I’m ok but not that steady with my hands.
Unless I could find an artist to install for me.
Doug
2021-3-1
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18901 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar problem so bought this skin.

It really helps. If I ever have a forced landing this is bound to help in finding it.

The weight is still only 244g including a freewell filter.
FCC04986-A2C4-4B0F-B3FC-E98612BB600D.jpeg
2021-3-1
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

The skin idea is looking more of a good idea. And I think it would be much easier to see with bright overcast gray sky's and solid blue skies.
Thanks everyone.
DougPs; I'm watching YouTube videos now on how to install them..
2021-3-1
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

I used colored "neon" stickers.

like this:
https://www.amazon.de/Siviwonder ... 1KGWDG51VH3V62MSCGS
2021-3-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Donut Michigan Posted at 3-1 10:03
Thanks Downtown. It looks like that’s what I’m gonna have to do.  How hard are those to install. I’m ok but not that steady with my hands.
Unless I could find an artist to install for me.
Doug

You're welcome.  The skins really aren't that hard to put on.  I watched a quick video on YT and then put the skins right on.  
2021-3-2
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-2 05:19
You're welcome.  The skins really aren't that hard to put on.  I watched a quick video on YT and then put the skins right on.

Again Thank You. I watched a bunch of YT snd it dose look fairly easy. Now the hard part is there are so many choices . Lol
Doug
2021-3-2
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I put a yellow skin on mine. Much easier to locate in the sky.

2021-3-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Cavu Films Posted at 3-2 11:12
I put a yellow skin on mine. Much easier to locate in the sky.

[view_image]

Very nice!    I put solar storm orange on my Mini, combustion on my MA2 and red burst on my Mini 2.  Much easier to see them now.
2021-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules