Australia

DJI Fly 1.3.0 now available to download for IOS
-Supports DJI FPV
-Fixes certain issues and improves overall app stability and user experience
2021-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there The Rev. Good day and thank you for posting these information about the DJI Fly application here at DJI Forum. Great find and thank you for your support.
2021-3-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing. .  
2021-3-2
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

How long do we wait for Android udates now? Dji please let us know!
2021-3-2
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
Australia

yogi053 Posted at 3-2 00:28

Apparently its also available for download as it will need to be for the  DJI FPV
2021-3-2
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18901 ft
United Kingdom

Do we know if there are any noticeable improvements over 1.2.4 apart from the inclusion of the FPV?
2021-3-2
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2023829 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

yogi053 Posted at 3-2 00:28

I've just installed the android version of 1.3.0 so at least here in the Netherlands it shows up on the dji download page

2021-3-2
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
Australia

marcel_911 Posted at 3-2 01:15
Do we know if there are any noticeable improvements over 1.2.4 apart from the inclusion of the FPV?

I have not had a chance to check yet as I'm at work
2021-3-2
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

Thank you for the information!
I thought that from version 1.2.4 the APP will update itself without downloading the APK or from the Playstore?
2021-3-2
Use props
lordziemniak
lvl.2
Poland

ozoffi Posted at 3-2 05:04
I thought that from version 1.2.4 the APP will update itself without downloading the APK or from the Playstore?

Mine updated itself so auto update is working
2021-3-2
Use props
djiuser_NoS2plGuVQnP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

I have Android and just went into settings.. Selected "Check for Updates" and it updated to V1.3.0 without any input from me.
2021-3-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew MA2 and Mini 2 each for about 15-20 minutes and had no issues.  No noticeable improvement over 1.2.4  Basically 1.3.0 just added new DJI FPV drone.  
2021-3-2
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-2 08:01
Flew MA2 and Mini 2 each for about 15-20 minutes and had no issues.  No noticeable improvement over 1.2.4  Basically 1.3.0 just added new DJI FPV drone.

Thanks for the real world test experience.  I like probably everyone else, was hoping for more bells and whistles to be added to the supported Mavics.
2021-3-2
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I I wish DJI when doing updates would say what actually has changed. They just leave us in the clouds. Example the new Compass, and the GPS change and some others we don’t know about.
They are poor on explaining things. No explanation on the third above the one above map selection. It has a circle H in it and is not a home point change .
This Bulletin board is operated by them it would be easy to put a notice on her to let us know how hard is that it would save a lot of confusion with us.
2021-3-2
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27687 ft
Turkey

Donut Michigan Posted at 3-2 10:03
I I wish DJI when doing updates would say what actually has changed. They just leave us in the clouds. Example the new Compass, and the GPS change and some others we don’t know about.
They are poor on explaining things. No explanation on the third above the one above map selection. It has a circle H in it and is not a home point change .
This Bulletin board is operated by them it would be easy to put a notice on her to let us know how hard is that it would save a lot of confusion with us.

İ join this idea.
2021-3-2
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

Between "was not updated automatically" (tried on 2 Android devices and have to load the APK) and "was automatically updated" was 2 hours - could it be because of that?
2021-3-2
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

I also did a short flight with my Mini 2 and the new IOS version of DJI Fly app ver. 1.3.0 yesterday. No issues but also no changes/fixes to the list of issues with the previous version.

I would echo that DJI should publish detailed list of changes when releasing updates.
2021-3-2
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Maybe the documentation department doesn't know what the programming department is doing. ;-) The 2nd post "great find" would speak for it.
Updates make no sense to me if I can ONLY say "no issues found" afterwards. Even more because I didn't have any issues before.

So DJI, next time please inform about changes and new features, something like this:
Changes in version 1.3.1
- Spotlight mode added
- Compass layout now the same as in the Go 4 app
- Dynamic home point added
- You can now switch off the VPS sensors
- No new bugs added

You can do without the permanent standard information "Fixes some issues and optimizes overall app quality".
2021-3-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 3-2 08:47
Thanks for the real world test experience.  I like probably everyone else, was hoping for more bells and whistles to be added to the supported Mavics.

Agree.
2021-3-3
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

Here's an interesting video I watched earlier. He mentions 'drift' (and a few other things) which I experienced the other day when I was trying to film a section of road works and put it down to inexperience (first lengthy flight):

2021-3-3
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Donut Michigan Posted at 3-2 10:03
They are poor on explaining things. No explanation on the third above the one above map selection. It has a circle H in it and is not a home point change .
This Bulletin board is operated by them it would be easy to put a notice on her to let us know how hard is that it would save a lot of confusion with us.

Exactly that sure would be very helpful
2021-3-3
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

steamship Posted at 3-3 12:54
Here's an interesting video I watched earlier. He mentions 'drift' (and a few other things) which I experienced the other day when I was trying to film a section of road works and put it down to inexperience (first lengthy flight):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-kXG3iUYKo

This YouTuber is full of drama and BS, always claiming drift is fixed with app updates, when most know drift is a firmware issue.
2021-3-4
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 3-4 01:19
This YouTuber is full of drama and BS, always claiming drift is fixed with app updates, when most know drift is a firmware issue.

I updated to DJI fly on my Smart Controller after a posting on a Facebook site where someone had called DJI about when the update for SC was coming and he was told you can go ahead and load it now.  It worked fine, seemed to have fixed some issues with displaying how the MA2 is situated for direction it is pointed other than that no noticeable changes.  I am at the latest Firmware for everything and haven't found any issues at all.  
2021-3-5
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

ozoffi Posted at 3-2 05:04

You may need to do one last update from the DJI site,....after that it will allow future updates from the app itself so no need to use Play Store....in fat DJI doesn't support Play Store anymore. They wanted to avoid need to go external for updates and all from app now. I have Android and it all including updates to Fly app are from the app.
2021-3-5
Use props
djiuser_aWiC2VOErLXj
lvl.2

France

DJI Fly is still missing so many features... see Turfolk's thread

Please, please add latitude and longitude display on camera view as an option!
2021-3-12
Use props
hurstja
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI FLY : We are at 1.3.1. now
2021-3-17
Use props
alexair
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1496644 ft
Italy

hurstja Posted at 3-17 14:24
DJI FLY : We are at 1.3.1. now

hi,   I expected to be able to dowload Android version 1.3.1 , but is the twice I found the description in dji download page of a version and the hyperlink of download gives the previous version yet !
indeed, today the 1.3.1 hyperlink gives 1.3.0 see here:
www.dji.com/it/mini-2/downloads

https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 2-b4ab-9cf977d77309

and you obtain 1.3.0

2021-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules