6155 23 2021-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wiljan5560
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81821 ft
Netherlands

Hope this can be solved.......

In Europe (and many other countries), we are using the PAL system (not NTSC), with a frame rate fps of 25fps.
So when recording a video with the Mini 2, you can set the fps to 25 which is great and also easier for later video editing etc.

However I noticed that when a quick shot is recorded, the shot is recorded in 29.97 fps (which is NTSC related).
Why is it not possible to also set the fps for the quick shots to 25 fps?

This seems to be a bug to me.......

Mixing later videos of 25 fps and 29,97 always brings trouble for video editing.

So DJI can you fix this with an upgrade to the Mini 2?

thanks
2021-3-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there wiljan5560. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates with DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2021-3-3
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agree, this can be a nightmare post processing content with different frame rates. There should at least be the option to choose 25 or 30 fps for quickshots. I wouldn't hold your breath in getting this though. It's been locked this way since quickshots first came out.
2021-3-4
Use props
fans8837dc8f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had the Mavic Mini 1 before upgrading  to Mini 2 and Quick Shots worked at my set frame rate of 25 fps. So annoying, I like to some of them in my larger videos.
2021-3-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

"In Europe (and many other countries), we are using the PAL system (not NTSC), with a frame rate fps of 25fps."

I certainly hope you are not using the PAL system. I would expect you are using the digital broadcasting system DTB. The terms PAL and NTSC refer only to standard definition television, not to high definition. The DJI aircraft only shoot in HD.
2021-3-5
Use props
fans8837dc8f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 3-5 13:44
"In Europe (and many other countries), we are using the PAL system (not NTSC), with a frame rate fps of 25fps."

I certainly hope you are not using the PAL system. I would expect you are using the digital broadcasting system DTB. The terms PAL and NTSC refer only to standard definition television, not to high definition. The DJI aircraft only shoot in HD.

The problem in the uk and europe is that the mains system is 50Hz so if any mains lighting appears in a video at 30fps it flickers. 25fps works fine with no flickering.
2021-3-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans8837dc8f Posted at 3-6 13:10
The problem in the uk and europe is that the mains system is 50Hz so if any mains lighting appears in a video at 30fps it flickers. 25fps works fine with no flickering.

Yes, I am aware of that, but the idea of using the terms PAL and NTSC is wrong for these cameras, it does not apply.
2021-3-6
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

Well ,, according as Quickshots are using only 1080,they can give the option for 60 fps too
2021-3-7
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

SuperWinnieperruna Posted at 3-7 04:39
Well ,, according as Quickshots are using only 1080,they can give the option for 60 fps too

Not sure if you're aware of this, but the default for Quickshots is 1080p, regardless of what setting you selected in the original video mode. Once you go into a Quickshot option, you can go back into the camera setting and change the resolution for 1080p to whatever you want.
2021-3-8
Use props
djiuser_3FVl0NsqMEph
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181867 ft
United Kingdom

Hmm - so until they have an option to change the quickshot to 25 if you want to use them in your video you should shoot all your footage in 30 fps to avoid issues right? Can you even change the regular video to 29.97 fps or will it matter if you set it to 30 fps?

Seems a little annoying come on DJI let us change the framerate for the quickshots or we will become very frusrated when editing our footage and it gets all jerky.
2021-7-15
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Its a software issue rather than a hardware one, so they should be able to fix it
2021-7-15
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 3-4 03:12
I agree, this can be a nightmare post processing content with different frame rates. There should at least be the option to choose 25 or 30 fps for quickshots. I wouldn't hold your breath in getting this though. It's been locked this way since quickshots first came out.

Wow, they sure are lazy, huh
2021-7-15
Use props
Gabriele LS
lvl.1
Italy

I'm also living in a "PAL country," and I find really annoying to have all the quick shots recorded at 29,970 fps. We definitely need an option to record quick shots at 25 fps. Thanks.
2021-7-26
Use props
VHF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178307 ft
France

Alvara74 Posted at 2021-7-15 05:36
Its a software issue rather than a hardware one, so they should be able to fix it

But one year later nothing seems to had changed...

I have a MINI SE also, and no problem to select any framerate you need in quickshot !!! (at least in 1080p)

I guess it's just another "Djioke"...
2022-6-21
Use props
Abel nt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77398 ft
Spain

Mini 2 is dead for dji.
No more Evolution for this drone.
New firmware Will be avalible only for security reasons... No new feactures, sorry...
Djy fly Evolution is for new drones, Not thinking on old phones or old drones...
2022-6-21
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

Abel nt Posted at 6-21 21:02
Mini 2 is dead for dji.
No more Evolution for this drone.
New firmware Will be avalible only for security reasons... No new feactures, sorry...

Probably you're right. But it seems to me quite obvious. DJI is a commercial company, not a non-profit organisation, and the most of R&D budget is used for developing new products and generating new revenue, not for improving the already sold products for free.
The same happens to the most of products in the market: mobile phones, computers, TV, ...
When I purchase a product, I pay for the features it has, not for the ones I hope will be added in the future ... . When the features of my Mini 2 will be no more enough for my needs, I'll purchase a new device.
2022-6-23
Use props
THANOSVSTROM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200230 ft
Greece

let the dji know that will have this problems...so they fix it at future updates
also i can't use 1080 50fps or any resolution at 50fps when i want to shoot with spotlight...
i have mavic mini pro 3 and still the same problems...

2022-10-10
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

helo, after i shoot some videos with my drone and downloaded to my computer, when i play video down i have a layer with fps, gps and other..how can i disable that ?

my drone is mini 4 pro
2023-12-15
Use props
Widdy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13363 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tealk Posted at 2023-12-15 09:11
helo, after i shoot some videos with my drone and downloaded to my computer, when i play video down i have a layer with fps, gps and other..how can i disable that ?[view_image]

my drone is mini 4 pro

Not sure if you ever got this resolved - you were seeing this as at the time you would have had the subtitles selected in the drone settings - you can switch on / off via the app.
1-14 04:33
Use props
SeptiB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

yes ..there was a replay for me ..thak you anyway
1-26 04:03
Use props
djiuser_BpXu2Z2ayL62
New
Flight distance : 54567 ft

Netherlands

fans8837dc8f Posted at 2021-3-5 13:07
I had the Mavic Mini 1 before upgrading  to Mini 2 and Quick Shots worked at my set frame rate of 25 fps. So annoying, I like to some of them in my larger videos.

I also have the mini 1 and it makes quickshots in 25 and 50 fps. Hope they will change this in the future for the new drones.
3-28 11:50
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_BpXu2Z2ayL62 Posted at 3-28 11:50
I also have the mini 1 and it makes quickshots in 25 and 50 fps. Hope they will change this in the future for the new drones.

Hi there. Thank you for your valuable feedback. Rest assured that we will forward these suggestions to our relevant team for future consideration as DJI is always open to any product improvement suggestions.  We appreciate your understanding.
3-28 20:37
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14360 ft
United Kingdom

I've got a Mini 3 Pro and just done a Quickshot. I checked and like you when in Quickshot my preset 25 fps / 4k video has changed to 1080p / 30 fps. I would expect Quickshot to use my configured mode (hadn't noticed before that it changed). However, I've not had an issue post-processing video and combining different fps. But I agree that all modes should really be selectable for Quickshots.
3-29 11:07
Use props
ColinLN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21109 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There must be thousands of Mini 3 / 4 pro owners in Europe, including myself, who are SO frustrated by the fact that 25fps is not an option in Quick Shots or Mastershots. I’m sure a lot of owners were expecting it to be an option when purchasing the drone. 25fps is what we normally use on a timeline in Europe, and it cannot be mixed with 30fps without creating VERY choppy footage, so come on DJI, please get this sorted out with a firmware update.
4-1 01:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules