1247 17 2021-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Watch the whole video and you will know why we love OA. Even Gopro 9 can't beat it in most cases.

2021-3-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Thank you for  the Share.     I learned the hard way.  the last gopro I had with Zero issues is  collecting dust the hero 4 black
2021-3-3
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 3-3 08:19
Thank you for  the Share.     I learned the hard way.  the last gopro I had with Zero issues is  collecting dust the hero 4 black

And people keep buying gopro. OA is really good and for the price not any other can beat it.
2021-3-3
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Well i did not pay 200 USD for my OA back then, but today at that prize, yes it is a very compelling camera, something i would recommend if someone asked me what to get.

Hoping the next camera will be even better, even if i do not have any money to spend on such things
2021-3-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there johansenfoto. Good day and thank you for sharing this video here at DJI Forum for the DJI Osmo Action. Great work and thank you for your support. .
2021-3-3
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

I agree that the OA is a great action cam.
The only shame is that it would take just a little more effort, via firmware, to make it literally perfect, but it is not happening.
2021-3-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2021-3-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I can no longer afford to buy it all. OA sold as high as 380, and low as 183.  Now $200.00,  the price for this camera today is by far the best around.  Let's talk GoPro. Vertical line and popping sound, 5 months later still not fixed. And the price is still on the high end, no sales are ever given.

We have seen DJI Team nail all ten firmware.  Yet when we all asked, for certain requests, like a higher interval from 30-to-60 sec timelapse.  this seems impossible for them to add it, or a battery percentage that is seen on the Mimo app only, not the camera as well. Two super easy things to add.  I still can recommend it in a heartbeat.   I chose to stop with GoPro but if you want to fund me for one Lol. too many bugs and issues, and I hear people say I got zero issues, to me that is hard to believe, but I must trust them.

Only camera I owned, never had , will one firmware to add a language in. the Sony. Imagine making a perfect camera first. then a Beta one.  I said a mouthfull Lol.

OA all the way, my only issue is the Shutterspeed  fluctuating at  morning shots
2021-3-4
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

dji are in the hands of AMBA with the OA camera, there is a reason gopro left AMBA and developed their own stuff, changing stuff or adding new stuff are probably foremost here.

There are also reasons why others making lesser things are turning to others but AMBA, pretty much any other SOC maker it seem, though many are of course pretty limited in features and probably also support.
It is my understanding that AMBA have always asked a premium price, and given as little support as possible in return for that commitment by partners.
I know one guy that started out with AMBA in his products, but that changed rather quickly and he is not going back there if he can do anything about it.
2021-3-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

So far GoPro  never made another chip, they still got Kinks to iron out meanwhile this OA is  two years in  and they  can not offer  other  features we all asked for. like hoto during video (Ambrella chip) battery  indication percentage, on app, not camera. just to name a few.

I rather be with the OA then a  bugs-n-issue camera like gopro

tossing out 200.00 is better then tossing $500.00
2021-3-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 3-5 04:19
So far GoPro  never made another chip, they still got Kinks to iron out meanwhile this OA is  two years in  and they  can not offer  other  features we all asked for. like hoto during video (Ambrella chip) battery  indication percentage, on app, not camera. just to name a few.

I rather be with the OA then a  bugs-n-issue camera like gopro

I really love my OA, and it is really great to use (not what I can say about my gopro 8).
But I really wish and hope they will come out with OA2 this spring/summer.
Rocksteady is almost as good as it can be, but they should come with a bit bigger sensor and faster cpu so it can record 5K @ 60 fps (it will not happen, I know).

Percentage indicator on app need more data to be transmitted, so then they need a faster connection. Imagine if they could use Ocusync 2
2021-3-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

4K on my old system is too much fun, can not imagine what 5K and high bitrate only will allow us now.
2021-3-5
Use props
Helmut Ruch
lvl.3
Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 3-5 08:28
4K on my old system is too much fun, can not imagine what 5K and high bitrate only will allow us now.

Why 5K?!

For me even 4K is a solution, which is looking for a problem. The resolution of human eyes is limited to about 1/60 of a degree, in our best years. Under "normal" viewing conditions (a distance of minimum 2 times the diagonal of the screen to the screen) our eyes are not able to dissolve a single pixel - at 2K!

Another aspect on 4/5K: This type of cameras is called ACTIONCAM, because they are build for action scenes, not for still videos. Nobody will press his nose on the screen when watching a MTB-video or something like that.

And at last: What do you get when using 4K with the OA? The horizontal angle of view of the OA in uncorrected, unstabilisized mode is about 110°. In corrected mode with rocksteady on it is only 83°. As a result only 3000 of the 4000 horizontal Pixels of the sensor are used to create a "4K" video! The picture is scaled up from 3000 to 3840 pixel. These upscaled pictures, which contain more then 40% interpolated dummy pixel, then are pressed into the same 100 MBit-Stream as a 2k7 video with no dummy pixel would be...
2021-3-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

For me again I got no use for 5K when I have too much fun editing 4K on a lap..  now if I wanted 5K the only benefit I see is  the display for a Larger tv's.
2021-3-6
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Helmut Ruch Posted at 3-6 03:05
Why 5K?!

For me even 4K is a solution, which is looking for a problem. The resolution of human eyes is limited to about 1/60 of a degree, in our best years. Under "normal" viewing conditions (a distance of minimum 2 times the diagonal of the screen to the screen) our eyes are not able to dissolve a single pixel - at 2K!

4K on OA is just a little bit better than 1440p, and with 5K I hope we could get more like true 4K quality. But they need to put a bigger sensor for that I think.

But people want higher resolution on cameras and if they stick to 4K, I think they will have a disadvantage over other brands.
2021-3-6
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Yeah there is a megapixel race for sure, also in action cameras.
But i would rather have a really good performing 4K camera, than anything higher that are just bland but have a lot of garbage features.

So my hopes are still for a nice big sensor 4K camera, but maybe 4K made out of binning 4 pixel into1 from a even larger pixel count sensor.
4K/60 with HDR would make me very happy even if it do not support rocksteady.

With me first and foremost it is about image quality, and the "normal" shooting modes, any well functioning smarts they can add on will just be icing on my cake.
TBH i am sort of praying for a android camera, one others can make excellent camera APPs for if their own are not as good, in phones ( that do not interest me very much ) there seem to be a vast difference in what different camera APPS can do.
And there is a range of good hardware that will play ball with android and control pretty potent camera hardware.
2021-3-6
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

peiter Posted at 3-6 20:05
Yeah there is a megapixel race for sure, also in action cameras.
But i would rather have a really good performing 4K camera, than anything higher that are just bland but have a lot of garbage features.

Android-camera could work, but I think Android is too big OS for a small camera.
I don't like the HDR look in OA, it doesn't do a good job. But I haven't tested it out that much, used it a bit before I bought ND-filters for it.
2021-3-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

5K??? not going to answer what I don;t got
2021-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules