Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mini 2 Firmware Released (03/04/2021)
12Next >
40301 69 2021-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2021.03.04
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0300
  • Remote Controller firmware: v02.00.1200
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.3.0
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.3.0

What’s New?
  • Added ability to control orientation of aircraft when flying forward during RTH.
  • Fixed rare issue: aircraft drifted during flight.
  • Fixed rare issue: gimbal vibrated when aircraft descended during RTH.

Notes:

2021-3-4
Use props
Armando80
lvl.4
Flight distance : 848524 ft
Netherlands

Thanks for the update!
2021-3-4
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Update went smooth.
2021-3-4
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

Update went smooth for me also and I will do a test fligt this afternoon to see if they surprisingly might have fixed some of the issues on my list below.
Update: Just did test flight and non of the below has been adressed in the update!

DJI Fly app issues:
False error code: 120948 resulting in restricted altitude and distance (temp. solution log out and back in on DJI Fly app) did not happen during test flight but will monitor
Do not remember the setting for Phone Charging. Implement OFF/ON/ALWAYS ON option Still the case

DJI Mini 2 / DJI Fly app issues (potential integration issues)
AE lock does not lock WB. (this is important as you only want to have to hit one button before starting video recording) Still the case
360 photo exif not correct (needs post processing before recognized as 360 photo) Still the case
AEB photos not automatically merged (need manual post processing/merging) Still the case
AEB mode sometimes only taking two pictures Actually on my test all AEB only did two pictures
Quick Transfer is very (overly) sensitive to interference (download speed down to 300 kb/s) Still the case

Nice (expected) to have: Non of the features added
Active track, the drone can do it so please enable it!
Spotlight function, the drone can do it so please enable it!
Ability to adjust all speed setting (forward/backward, up/down, sideways) as a minimum for CineSmooth mode
Ability to see shutter and ISO on main screen in photo auto mode (just like they are shown in manual mode)
Simi auto exposure mode where you can lock ISO or shutter while the other adapts automatically (like SLR camera do shutter and aperture setting)
D-Cinelike video setting

Original (and ongoing) thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233345

2021-3-4
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Friends, those who had problems with straight-sided movement, please check if there are any changes with the new firmware?
I'm talking about the problems indicated in my topic: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=230699
I gave my drone to the store for checking.
2021-3-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice info. I will download asap!
2021-3-4
Use props
JuNu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125837 ft
Spain

I've had a serious problem with this update and DJI Fly App v 1.1.6. (I got the update firmware message on DJI Fly app).  I've lost signal totally and the app began to be unresponsive. It's been 5 minutes and I finally managed to restart the app and gain control again but signal was very weak. It has happened twice. For moments the display on the phone turned pink and it shutdown. The Mini was only about 120 m.
So, don't update firmware unless you update the app!!!
2021-3-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks.  Updated without issue.
2021-3-4
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Netherlands

JuNu Posted at 3-4 06:17
I've had a serious problem with this update and DJI Fly App v 1.1.6. (I got the update firmware message on DJI Fly app).  I've lost signal totally and the app began to be unresponsive. It's been 5 minutes and I finally managed to restart the app and gain control again but signal was very weak. It has happened twice. For moments the display on the phone turned pink and it shutdown. The Mini was only about 120 m.

Be aware New firmware need an update version fly app of 1.3.0
2021-3-4
Use props
Colinwales
New
United Kingdom

I have had mini 2 for 3 days with 0 issues,, since the firmware update this morning,I now seem to have the issues that you say are fixed,drifting,camera quivers sometimes, I also believe I am getting quicker signal loss?
2021-3-4
Use props
RedSky119
lvl.4
Canada

Just updated to the new Mini 2 Firmware and had a short indoor flight with no issues. Will have to wait for the weather to cooperate for an outdoor flight. iPhone XR IOS 14.4/ Fly App 1.3.0
2021-3-4
Use props
Robert20
lvl.4
Flight distance : 976798 ft
Netherlands

Funny, recent update was 930-official and now changed into 928-official. Why backward?
2021-3-5
Use props
PexiSun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59521 ft
Lithuania

Yesterday (4. march) I was taking panorama photos with my Mini 2. I took wide panorama pictures (9 photos J+R) and every single time during the last few photos the "Aircraft lost connection to RC" - info was displayed. The screen went black but the RC was still controlling the drone and because I had visible it was easy to get the drone back. It happened 4-5 times when I tried. Afterwards I checked the SD-card and all the photos were however taken.

Today I upgraded to the new app version and my versions are:
Aircraft Firmware: 01.02.0300
RC Firmware: 02.00.1200
FlyApp Version: 1.3.0

After FlyApp upgrade I tested and took over 400 different panorama photos. Not a single "Lost connection" -warning! Looks very promising!

2021-3-5
Use props
e1darie1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1843084 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

where is "follow me" feature?
2021-3-5
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

JuNu Posted at 3-4 06:17

app is updated to 1.3.0 and needed for the firmware.
Get the version from the dji.com website. Google play doesn't update versions of the fly app for some time.
2021-3-5
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Netherlands

Wide panorama is also not fixed, the mini 2 is taken the panorama photo's to fast before the drone is in the right position, so you get a cuvature in the horizon.

2021-3-5
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27687 ft
Turkey

e1darie1 Posted at 3-5 04:37
where is "follow me" feature?

Yes, i join this idea. We are waiting for active track.
2021-3-5
Use props
Alitaptap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149334 ft
  • >>>
United States

dji_MODDER Posted at 3-4 06:50
Be aware New firmware need an update version fly app of 1.3.0

Thanks man!
2021-3-5
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

No 120/60 Fps slow motion like I did request
2021-3-5
Use props
PHOTOlulu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 952625 ft
  • >>>
United States

After updating, now I get frequent not connected to remote controller error message. Never had that problem before the update.
2021-3-5
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27687 ft
Turkey

Thanks for the update.
2021-3-5
Use props
dji-jack
lvl.1

Philippines

Hi DJI, can anyone help me with my issue with my Mini 2, since I updated my firmware my Drone does not turn off anymore and the only way to turn it off is by getting the battery off the drone. Sometimes I get to turn it off, however, you cannot turn it back on instead I need to reinsert the battery in order to power my drone. And sometimes my Drone turns off, I fear flying it again because it might turn off during flight. Can you offer a fix that doesn't need to send my drone to the DJI Repair Service Center. Maybe just a battery Firmware update!
2021-3-6
Use props
fans017bca4d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

We need a new assistant 2 to downgrade the firmware in case of problem
2021-3-6
Use props
DronePilot567
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1507848 ft

United Kingdom

So Been using the DJI Mini 2 just under a month now and the past 2 days I have noticed some issues with the gimbal. I have never crashed or damaged the drone or anything but I have noticed that when I am in Cinematic or Normal mode that the gimbal does not stay in place and a lot of the time it seems to move as shown in the footage below as well as a screen recording I have linked.  It also seems to move up when Im not even doing anything or adjusting the gimbal.  I have also re calibrated the IMU and compass many times but dosent seem to do anything.  Has anyone came across this issue before, is it a fault and do I need to get it repaired or is it a software related issue as only had it since I updated the firmware 2 days ago?  All the footage below had no movement done to the gimbal so you can see how it is moving without me doing anything.   Footage 1 [color=var(--ytcp-link-color)]https://youtu.be/VRCOT5-6w0M  Screen Recording -https://youtu.be/LndXRPRBN5Y  Footage 2 [color=var(--ytcp-link-color)]https://youtu.be/r-dqoTQCjAY
2021-3-6
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Netherlands

I dont have a gimbal issue', only problem is the horizon curve in a wideangle panorama, I hope that other users can make a wide angle panorama and report it.
@ Dronepilot, what I always do, after firmware update always delete flyapp, install fresh one (sometimes there is a new version with another build date) calibrate IMU and Compass and do a RC calibration.
Then make a test fly to find out any errors or bugs. You can also do a gimbal calibration in your case
2021-3-8
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Netherlands

for example, android fly app 1.30 : 1614650414662-DJI-v1.3.0-210226-925-46821-official-sec.apk download date for me was 3 march.

1614927544967-DJI-v1.3.0-210305-928-46823-official-sec.apk  now on date 8 march
2021-3-8
Use props
vitaliim0
New
Flight distance : 65282 ft
Brazil

After setting up the wireframe update I can not start up my drone. I have installed the update and the drone has automatically turn off. When I am pressing once on the power button I can see all lights on, but there is no subsequent light when I press and hold. How is it possible to downgrade or how to fix it?
2021-3-8
Use props
The Foxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1075869 ft
Brazil

• Added ability to control orientation of aircraft when flying forward during RTH.

my dji mini 2 came with a factory defect, i only made 2 flights on it and i have it stored since then (about 1 month) waiting for the solution of the problem with the store and with the DJI ... but i missed this feature in the first flight I did, thankfully they put it ... now just put the active track

2021-3-8
Use props
SimonGhostRiley
New

Mexico

thanks for the info
2021-3-8
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

Turfolk Posted at 3-4 02:09
Update went smooth for me also and I will do a test fligt this afternoon to see if they surprisingly might have fixed some of the issues on my list below.
Update: Just did test flight and non of the below has been adressed in the update!

Good Words!
DJI please add D-Cinelike in the next update!

2021-3-8
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

After updates mine continues to work fine. No issues with panorama curvature mentioned above. Perhaps you need to try in Cinema mode, although mine worked fine in Normal mode. Have you adjusted the various speed settings? If so try resetting speeds to default and see that makes any difference.
2021-3-9
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Netherlands

Astro Bob Posted at 3-9 17:55
After updates mine continues to work fine. No issues with panorama curvature mentioned above. Perhaps you need to try in Cinema mode, although mine worked fine in Normal mode. Have you adjusted the various speed settings? If so try resetting speeds to default and see that makes any difference.

Thanks for your feedback
2021-3-9
Use props
DronePilot567
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1507848 ft

United Kingdom

#Quick Reply Here#So having spent the last few days trying to find out why my gimbal has been uneven and not level looking on the horizon, I finally found out why, the latest firmware update. This was found on a popular youtubers channel who was also expirencing the same problem as me as well as many others, will the gimbal being uneven after countless calibartions yet still dosent work making filming near impossible to for level shots!  So I contaced DJI about this issue showing them the video but they wanted me to return my drone for inspection which is pointless as the video clearly shows its a firmware issue and not a hardware issue! This really frustrates me as DJI have not yet resolved this issue and they bascailly they said they cant do anything about it unless I return my drone for inspection and pay a fee for the inspection which is a joke! DJI should be able to fix this with a new firmware update, so let me know your guys view on this and if youve had this issue as well like many others and I also encourage you to reach out to DJI with this video if your having the problems so DJI can address it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDb81jAFptE
2021-3-11
Use props
Photo Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456201 ft
Canada

I had 3 black screen disconnects in the same flight.
Sure once i restarted the app and it came back but
i was hoping they fixed this issue as well.
2021-3-11
Use props
Lom6605
lvl.3

Israel

In this video you can see how the horizon is littered. And this is after the firmware
2021-3-11
Use props
luipic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1315404 ft
Italy

Photo Drone Posted at 3-11 06:41
I had 3 black screen disconnects in the same flight.
Sure once i restarted the app and it came back but
i was hoping they fixed this issue as well.

also for me today 3 or 4 balck screen diconnectione
2021-3-11
Use props
djiuser_iIZg9WbpoDFe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2251004 ft
Spain

luipic Posted at 3-11 09:45
also for me today 3 or 4 balck screen diconnectione
Black screens after firmware update here too ...
Dji please fix it quick!!
2021-3-11
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Updated, no problems.
2021-3-11
Use props
ckoerner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42159 ft
United States

Update went smoothly, but this bug gave me a chuckle. Someone missed a decimal point.

2021-3-13
Use props
luipic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1315404 ft
Italy

djiuser_iIZg9WbpoDFe Posted at 3-11 14:43
Black screens after firmware update here too ...
Dji please fix it quick!!

Probably, the black screen issue is not firmware related.
It occurs to me with android phone and dji fly 1.3.0 (928). On a similar phone with dji 1.3.0 (925) no issues at all.
2021-3-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules