Unable to activate new FPV system
1234Next >
32706 128 2021-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KCantrell
lvl.1
United States

I'm attempting to activate a new DJI PPV drone/goggle/controller system and cant' get the FLY app to detect the system.  I'm running Android 10 and have loaded a fresh copy of DJI Fly 1.3 from the DJI web site.  The FLY app only shows 3 Mavic drones (MINI, AIR 2, and MINI 2) in the list of drones.  I'm using the supplied OTG adapter and USB cable but no connection is detected when connected to the FPV goggles.  I've also tried using the short USB C to USB C cable that works great with my AIR 2 but still no connection.  I suspect an issue with my FLY app since it doesn't list FPV as an aircraft option.  Should FPV show up as an option with v 1.3 of the FLY app?
2021-3-5
Use props
MagnusFPV
lvl.2
Czechia

i have the same problem
2021-3-5
Use props
KCantrell
lvl.1
United States

I did get the activation to complete but only after recharging the goggles battery pack  back above 50%.  That seems like an odd fix but it was the only change made before success.
2021-3-5
Use props
MagnusFPV
lvl.2
Czechia

i already update all with DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) but when i turn everything on it still want update firmware :/ i try to recharge battery pack and try again with dji fly hope it help
2021-3-5
Use props
Craig S.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150889 ft
United States

Can't seem to activate will try charging everything to 100% as suggested.  Do you need to be logged into the app before activation or login when activating?
2021-3-5
Use props
Craig S.
lvl.2
United States

MagnusFPV Posted at 3-5 11:31
i already update all with DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) but when i turn everything on it still want update firmware :/ i try to recharge battery pack and try again with dji fly hope it help
Do you need to be logged into the app before activation?
2021-3-5
Use props
KCantrell
lvl.1
United States

Craig S. Posted at 3-5 13:39
Do you need to be logged into the app before activation?

I was logged in to the FLY app before connecting the devices.  The FPV still doesn't show up as one of the listed drones in the Fly 1.3 app but it did prompt for activation after charging the battery above 50% and it recognizes the FPV drone each time I power up the goggles now.  Hopefully my Mavic Air 2 will still connect...  I'm just going to enjoy FPV for a while.
2021-3-5
Use props
DJI_FPV_Roy
lvl.1

Netherlands

Just got my DJI FPV today. Tried to connect the FPV through an android phone. Didnt work.

Tried it on my girlfriends iphone and it worked how it should. The issue seems to lie in the android version app.
2021-3-5
Use props
Craig S.
lvl.2
United States

DJI_FPV_Roy Posted at 3-5 15:05
Just got my DJI FPV today. Tried to connect the FPV through an android phone. Didnt work.

Tried it on my girlfriends iphone and it worked how it should. The issue seems to lie in the android version app.

Finally figured it out you have to go to DJI and download the app on their website not Google play for android.  Install the application and you will be able to activate it.
2021-3-5
Use props
djiuser_oWWyKevrMkIi
New

France

Hi, i do have exactly the same problem :-(
2021-3-5
Use props
djiuser_oWWyKevrMkIi
New

France

It works! I have dowloaded the app from the dji site and connected to the the googles and not the drone...i fly !
2021-3-5
Use props
DJI_FPV_Roy
lvl.1

Netherlands

Craig S. Posted at 3-5 16:02
Finally figured it out you have to go to DJI and download the app on their website not Google play for android.  Install the application and you will be able to activate it.

Thanks for your comment!

Will download it from the DJI website.

Have fun flying
2021-3-5
Use props
markinter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 655331 ft
  • >>>
United States

make sure the otg cable is inserted into the goggles not your phone. i had the same issue. oops didnt see this was already answered.
2021-3-5
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Can not Activate FPV to my Account and I downloaded the new DDI Fly App to my Iphone a Mini5 and a Ipad Pro none will activate the drone.

This is about my 10th DJI drone - Got a FPV today charged it up, then updated the firmware using my new updated DJI Fly App.

For reasons unknown, the FPV does not see it activated to my account. I even tried making a new account with no luck. I called DJI tech service and the show the drones serial accitvated to my email account but the drone still thinks it needs to be done.

Does anyone have a clue how to resolve this goofy problem

Thanks Mike
2021-3-5
Use props
djiuser_ydlMSg0WD8T1
lvl.1

United States

Mike Mas Posted at 3-5 19:29
Can not Activate FPV to my Account and I downloaded the new DDI Fly App to my Iphone a Mini5 and a Ipad Pro none will activate the drone.

This is about my 10th DJI drone - Got a FPV today charged it up, then updated the firmware using my new updated DJI Fly App.

I had a heck of a time activating it.  Just wasn't showing up in DJI Fly.  I followed the video to roll back the firmware, active it then upgrade again.  Note in the video, you login to DJI desktop app with a DJI tech account.  That's didn't seem to work, but then I switch the dongle thing from connected to my phone to connected to the headset and boom, DJI Fly prompted me to active it.  This is android though... I thought it was an Android only issue but I guess not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LB4ZaWfiU8&t=1s&ab_channel=JoshuaBardwell
2021-3-5
Use props
Viking Tattoos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549531 ft
United States

I just received my FPV drone and while trying to activate .. I keep getting a server error. Activation failed  error code 0xfff.   I’ve tried for a few hours with different devices and I can’t get it to activate.  The firmware did get updated to 01.001.    I’m using iPad Pro.  Tried also on android with no luck.  
2021-3-5
Use props
dermaximilian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78530 ft
Italy

Viking Tattoos Posted at 3-5 21:31
I just received my FPV drone and while trying to activate .. I keep getting a server error. Activation failed  error code 0xfff.   I’ve tried for a few hours with different devices and I can’t get it to activate.  The firmware did get updated to 01.001.    I’m using iPad Pro.  Tried also on android with no luck.

Exact same problem. Tried it with iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Pro, Samsung A40 - no chance. It seems like the remote doesn't recognize the other products.
Super disappointing to sit here and not being able to use the new expensive toy.
Any idea how to reset everything? Couldn't find any tutorial for that...

Edit: ok, sometimes, reading really helps. I reset everything (followed the manual) and finally succeeded (iOS though...)

2021-3-6
Use props
fans1d09863a
lvl.1
Germany

Hi ich habe erst alles mit DJI Assistent 2 aktualisiert und alles aufgeladen
dann kann ich Sie erst Aktivieren
leider kann ich Sie nicht auf Mode 4 umstellen
wenn das nicht möglich ist muss ich Sie zurückschicken
2021-3-6
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

dermaximilian Posted at 3-6 03:59
Exact same problem. Tried it with iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Pro, Samsung A40 - no chance. It seems like the remote doesn't recognize the other products.
Super disappointing to sit here and not being able to use the new expensive toy.

What do you mean by reset go into each deviceand reset- Thanks
2021-3-6
Use props
fans1d09863a
lvl.1
Germany

Hi ich habe gemeint zurückgeben Übersetzungsfehler
2021-3-6
Use props
Viking Tattoos
lvl.2
United States

dermaximilian Posted at 3-6 03:59

I tried to relink everything as stated in the manual. And I still can’t activate.  So frustrating!
2021-3-6
Use props
KCantrell
lvl.1
United States

Viking Tattoos Posted at 3-5 21:31

This has already been stated in other comments but I'll repeat because I believe it to be the key solution in my case.  The OTG USB cable adapter must be plugged in to the goggles while the other end of the USB C plugs in to your phone.  There must be some pins connected in the dongle that wake up the goggles.  I get no connection with the dongle close to the phone.  It only connects with the dongle close to the goggles.

This FPV is FAST compared to an AIR 2.
2021-3-6
Use props
Monkey101
lvl.1
United States

I am also having activation issues.... Everything is charged. My app also only shows the 3 Mavic's as choices....
2021-3-6
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_oWWyKevrMkIi Posted at 3-5 17:03
It works! I have dowloaded the app from the dji site and connected to the the googles and not the drone...i fly !

My Goggles won't activate either - when I use assistant on just the goggles it's fails with a warning I need to hookup the drone and trans.

Mike
2021-3-6
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

After 2 days and countless times and 2 phones and two iPads, Assistant and a new DJI Fly App, I finally got the drone and transmitter to activate so I can now fly however, I cannot get the goggles to activate so there is a lot of data missing from the display. I tried everything ready to send this mess back to B&H.

As a side note-  the DJI Fly App was updated a few days ago, if your still showing the Mavic, you'll need to delete the App and download the new version.

Mike
2021-3-6
Use props
Viking Tattoos
lvl.2
United States

I ended up returning the drone to Best Buy...they had four on the shelf and decided to try another unit. Got it home ..charged everything.. Linked everything as stated in the manual and voila ..I got full activation and everything works as it should.   I did a quick test hover and looking forward to flying it tomorrow!  I think the key is to make sure everything is linked and then activate.   
2021-3-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is what to do

1) Read the manual
2) Fully charge everything....... don’t be in a hurry
3) Download the correct Fly App from DJI store if on android
4) Connect your devices as shown in the manual not how you might think
5) Make sure your internet access is good
6) follow the onscreen instructions and be patient as the updates can take over 45 minutes

I bet people on here who are having issues never read the instructions
2021-3-6
Use props
fans037730ea
New
Sweden

Hi, I had the same problem but found that it is just the way I had the cables connected.  Try putting the OTG adapter in the goggles! not the phone.  It fixed my issue
2021-3-8
Use props
fans3e98f6b7
lvl.1
France

Hello,

Same trouble, no solutions works ,neither otg first or downgrade or else. Tested on galaxy s9+ and galaxy note 10+ for dji fly official version and on 2 différents pc for DJ assistant two. Incredible to sell a product in this state.... very disappointed about dji. They lying a lot about matrix compatibility....

And for sure I read the manual first like a lot of people here .....(just saying that for people thinking they are useful and superior because they are sure no one here read the manual...and thanks for the big contribution and help they give ,reminding us to read it !thanks a lot dude!)

2021-3-9
Use props
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

Hi guys,

I have one question.  I have downloaded the app from the DJI site for my Note 10+.  When you open the app without the drone connected I only see the three mavics, there is no fpv drone as an option.  Should I be seeing the fpv drone when you open the app?

Wayne Mann
2021-3-9
Use props
fans3e98f6b7
lvl.1
France

WayneMann Posted at 3-9 07:56
Hi guys,

I have one question.  I have downloaded the app from the DJI site for my Note 10+.  When you open the app without the drone connected I only see the three mavics, there is no fpv drone as an option.  Should I be seeing the fpv drone when you open the app?
hi,
I'm not sure it's needed. If you have the correct version of the app it's ok I think. The detection of the dji fpv permit to launch the activation windows,before showing the drones list. Connect all your elements each other ,and put the otg cable  into the fpv first and try again.
2021-3-9
Use props
fans2f98bc31
lvl.1
Finland

cannot activate the fpv drone. I connected my iphone via DJI fly to the googles but still appears a message in the googles saying, not activated. I deleted and reinstalled the app but nothing happens. There is not fpv drone on the aircraft options on the DJI fly app, only mavic air, mini 1 and mini 2
2021-3-9
Use props
fans2f98bc31
lvl.1
Finland

DJI_FPV_Roy Posted at 3-5 15:05

I have iPhone and I am dealing with the same problem. Not activation
2021-3-9
Use props
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

I have tried everything here including reading the manual and nothing works.  I have all three devices updated through the assistant 2 fpv app.  That had to be done via windows based laptop.  My iMac would not update the drone.  I have deleted and reinstalled the DJI Fly app a half dozen times with the same results on both my Note 10+ and my ipads.  My thought on this matter are not fit to be put to paper!

Wayne Mann
2021-3-9
Use props
DJI_FPV_Roy
lvl.1

Netherlands

Im no expert, but..

Have all your devices OFF.

Open up the DJI app (downloaded from DJI site <- important!)

Start your FPV (drone)
Start your Controller
Start your Goggles..

Connect the goggles via the cable with your Smartphone.
Now the the app should recognize and respond.

2021-3-9
Use props
DJI_FPV_Roy
lvl.1

Netherlands

WayneMann Posted at 3-9 11:44
I have tried everything here including reading the manual and nothing works.  I have all three devices updated through the assistant 2 fpv app.  That had to be done via windows based laptop.  My iMac would not update the drone.  I have deleted and reinstalled the DJI Fly app a half dozen times with the same results on both my Note 10+ and my ipads.  My thought on this matter are not fit to be put to paper!

Wayne Mann

I can feel your frustration. Ive had the same issues.

The order in wich you do things is very important. DJI shouldve had a better manual !
Its important the app is running when you connect your goggles to the Smartphone.
2021-3-9
Use props
DJI_FPV_Roy
lvl.1

Netherlands

If it doesnt work, follow this guide..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk7CpyK0_1Y&ab_channel=IaninLondon
2021-3-9
Use props
fans3e98f6b7
lvl.1
France

DJI_FPV_Roy Posted at 3-9 14:50
If it doesnt work, follow this guide..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk7CpyK0_1Y&ab_channel=IaninLondon

Thanks for help,but still the trouble .
the dji product team escalate my ticket two times today (maybe to L3 team I suppose...). Wait and see.
For my part I order the original s9+ usb cable for testing (someone on youtube told to use the dji otg cable but NOT the USB dji cable.use your original one or a speed transfer compatible cable for your android model.i also tried to play with dev mode and usb debugging setting too...nothing better for me .but seem some peoples reach to have the detection after that. Put your android in dev mode and activate the USB debugging after that.

https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/dev-options?hl=fr

I will share information asap I'll have any update.

The youtube video : https://youtu.be/sz6YorEXLEI

Regards,
P
2021-3-9
Use props
Waldorf Production
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

fans2f98bc31 Posted at 3-9 11:21
I have iPhone and I am dealing with the same problem. Not activation

Same here after 12 hours trying different cables, iPhone, iPad, reinstall.....
2021-3-9
Use props
fans3e98f6b7
lvl.1
France

Waldorf Production Posted at 3-9 17:05
Same here after 12 hours trying different cables, iPhone, iPad, reinstall.....
Which firmware version you have please ?
I'm in 01.01.00.00 for information and I tried also the 00.05.18.06 downgrade for the fpv.... The remote and the drone are also In 01.01.00.00 .no way to downgrade remote and drone.

for the firmware out of box I can't remember.

For information dji told me today to not upgrade with dji assistant 2. My understanding is to not update before activation.to late I tried...

All operations need to be done with dji fly app 1.3

If the cable,debugging usb or else may help,the trouble will be how to downgrade to retry the activation in out of box conditions whit good cable, app version etc...
Maybe it will be nice to be able to have a solution to downgrade to factory firmware for remote,drone and fpv?

It maybe Also helpful for dji to verify if with the good settings, apps version, cable etc,,,the factory settings are the issue or not ...

Regards ,
P
2021-3-9
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules