Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FPV Goggles V2 can't update to the latest firmware
12Next >
33935 50 2021-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FU6DLIT48XPd
lvl.1
Hungary

Hello!
I see that a lot of people are having a similar problem to mine: I'm trying to switch my V2 goggles to fpv mode, so that I can use it with my Caddx Vista system. According to DJI's release notes, the latest firmware for the goggles should be v01.00.06.06. but this version is not available in the assistant menu, only version V00.05.1806. I tried to use the assistant on different PCs and Macs.

Because I don't own the DJI FPV drone, I had to go to my local DJI distributor shop just to activate the goggles... but regardless the firmware issue is still present, and I can't switch the goggles from DJI drone to FPV system mode (the switch option is not there in the goggles menu).

I saw that the DJI FPV community is flooded with similar problems around the V2 goggles. This is deeply frustrating
Would an administrator be so kind to address this issue and offer a solution?

Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG
2021-3-6
Use props
aerialsmith
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2307087 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am unable to upgrade to V01.01.0000 I can download the firmware but it will not transmit. It sits at 0% for several minutes and then I get a transmit error message.
2021-3-6
Use props
aerialsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_AzFAeiSLPQEJ
lvl.1
United States

I’m experiencing the identical problem, and the fact that we are experiencing this kind of issue with a massive new release from DJI, and seeing apparently zero response, no active pursuit of solution, no broadcast / communication to reach all of their customers whom presently own extremely expensive decorations is simply unacceptable.
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_jCNksabjIYoU
New

Canada

I’m having the same problem very frustrating
Anyone out There have a fix for this problem?
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_jCNksabjIYoU
New

Canada

So I got my drone and goggles to update finally had to do it through my DJI fly app on my phone and started up goggles remote and drone plugged in my phone to goggles and the update worked through that took a little bit at to download but looks like I’ll be going for a flight tomorrow!!!
2021-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_FU6DLIT48XPd. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Please ensure that you're running the V2.1.0 of the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) before logging in to the temporary DJI Account.
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_FU6DLIT48XPd
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-7 02:25
Hi, djiuser_FU6DLIT48XPd. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Please ensure that you're running the V2.1.0 of the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) before logging in to the temporary DJI Account.

Hello Gamora,
I’m using the V2.1.0.
I reinstalled the assistant a lot of times, and always have the same result. It would be an easy solution, but unfortunately it’s not the problem.
2021-3-7
Use props
aerialsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_jCNksabjIYoU Posted at 3-6 23:57
So I got my drone and goggles to update finally had to do it through my DJI fly app on my phone and started up goggles remote and drone plugged in my phone to goggles and the update worked through that took a little bit at to download but looks like I’ll be going for a flight tomorrow!!!

Plugged in your phone to goggles? That means you must have a usb c to lightning cable, if using iphone. I just ordered such a cable from Amazon. That cable is also needed for the DJI FPV simulator with goggles and digital RC.
2021-3-7
Use props
aerialsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I found out that my V2 goggles were set to the FPV Drone mode, instead of the FPV Digital System. The mode is changed in the About section of the goggles, which I had not noticed. Once I changed the mode, the goggles started working with the DJI Air Unit on my GEPRC quad. I am not even going to try to update to the latest firmware for the time being, as all is working fine now.
2021-3-11
Use props
Oleg Kupshukov
New

Ukraine

This is crazy! I got a product that I can't use. There is no optin to switch into FPV mode in v00.05.1806 firmware. DJI c'mon where is the fix?
2021-3-16
Use props
HavardNTJ
lvl.1

Norway

I'm having the same problem. Can't activate the goggles, and I cant update them.
It's horrendous that DJI can sell a $600 dollar brick with no use, whatsoever. The worst part is them not commenting on the issue, even though it's well documented by a lot of people in the community. This should have been fixed within the first 24 of release.
2021-3-16
Use props
djiuser_FU6DLIT48XPd
lvl.1
Romania

Hello guys,

In the end I MANAGED TO FIND A SOLUTION!!  I'll let you know what I did, and after that I'll comment some info.
1. I bought a V2 goggles which was part of the DJI FPV combo, because standalone goggles are still not available in my country (which is absolutely insane). So the vendor decided to take the goggles and sell it without the drone.
2. The activation of the goggles with the assistant or the dji fly mobile app at home was impossible. So I took the goggles to my local DJI distributor store who has the dji FPV drone.
3. After connecting my goggles to the dji FPV drone in the store, I managed to activate it (without any problem). I was as happy as a monkey about his tail, until I got home and realized that I couldn't put a firmware on the goggles which lets me switch from the "dji drone mode" to the "fpv mode". Updating to V00.05.1806 didn't change anything, I still didn't have the switch option, I tried it a hundred times..
4. After all that fuss, I called the vendor, from whom I bought the goggles and told them "hey, I have a goggles I can't use" and I told them to give me an opportunity to connect it with their dji fpv drone, I thought that this way I'll be able to update to a firmware which will finally bring up the switch option. So I met them, connected it with their drone and BOOM: I didn't even have to do any firmware update, the switch option appeared from nowhere, and FINALLY I was able to switch the goggles to FPV mode, and I can finally use it with my custom build.

So long story short this is the deal: it seems that the V2 goggles arrive with 2 different firmwares on them: the "dji FPV drone mode" and the "FPV mode" for air units. In case you have the goggles with the dji fpv drone firmware but you don't have the dji drone, at this point there is no real fix how to activate and update them at home...
What you want to do is: go to a store or your local dji distributor, or anyone on this planet who owns the dji fpv drone, connect your goggles with the drone, activate it (with your account) and after that stay connected with the drone and look for the switch option in the goggles in the "about" section. (It's not obligatory to use the exact dji fpv drone which came along with your goggles, you can connect it to any dji fpv drone).
I share your frustration guys, and I really hope that you will find someone with the drone to help you! Don't be shy to go to a store with this.

As for the attitude of DJI toward this problem: I really can't find the words.. So far I liked their products, but this misery, and the way they don't give a flying F about the problems about their brand new high-priced products is crazy!!! I'm immensely disappointed.

One last comment: my goggles are working fine now, with the V00.05.1806 firmware, and unless there will be any new air unit or feature worth upgrading, I'll not touch it, so it doesn't go back again in the dji fpv mode...
I hope this helps!
Cheers!
2021-3-16
Use props
ochiburi
lvl.1
Spain

I also have the similar problem. New goggles V2, not activated, but set for DJI Drone, no option to switch. Installed the DJI Assistant V2.1.0 on my MAC running Catalina OS. Activated the additional options, logged into the support account, downloaded the V00.05.1806 firmware which sat at 0% then gave the transmit error. Please help.
2021-3-16
Use props
djiuser_FU6DLIT48XPd
lvl.1
Hungary

ochiburi Posted at 3-16 05:42
I also have the similar problem. New goggles V2, not activated, but set for DJI Drone, no option to switch. Installed the DJI Assistant V2.1.0 on my MAC running Catalina OS. Activated the additional options, logged into the support account, downloaded the V00.05.1806 firmware which sat at 0% then gave the transmit error. Please help.

Ochiburi, read the 15th comment on this thread, I found a solution, I hope it will help you too!
2021-3-16
Use props
ochiburi
lvl.1
Spain

ochiburi Posted at 3-16 05:42

My specific problem was caused by incompatibility between mac os catalina and dji assistant v2. Assistant uses an embedded extension called Horndis to tether the usb port, and to upload firmware to the goggles. This is currently prevented from successfully installing by Catalina. So the goggles will connect to usb but the firmware doesn't upload because Horndis is not loaded.

This is a known issue with Horndis. You can get an unofficial fix for this by following the bug report in the horndis github repository. It has a fixed install script.

By manually installing horndis with this fix then repeating the firmware update via dji assistant all works correctly.

I know this is a workaround within a workaround,  and DJI should be paying more attention,  but at least it gets you going again.
2021-3-16
Use props
Oleg Kupshukov
New

Ukraine

djiuser_FU6DLIT48XPd Posted at 3-16 05:32
Hello guys,

In the end I MANAGED TO FIND A SOLUTION!!  I'll let you know what I did, and after that I'll comment some info.

I was inspired by your situation. So i went to the local dealer. We bind my goggles to the drone, activate them but i still don't have the switch option. Firmware v00_05_1806
2021-3-17
Use props
luciens
Captain
  • >>>
United States

The pressure on DJI is surely building up through their support lines, so hopefully that will help motivate them to fix this. The FPV drone is now their flagship product, so they have probably already end-of-lifed the Air Unit and don't care about sales of individual goggles anymore, so they may not care about this issue. But even dealers are putting on pressure, so maybe this will get fixed:

2021-3-17
Use props
mkorbi
New
Flight distance : 29039 ft
Germany

Any useful updates here?
My Goggles never mind which firmware shows the following and doesn't accept any push button.
2021-3-19
Use props
mm12345
lvl.1

United States

I am facing the same issue. I tried updating the firmware both in MacOS and Windows. In MacOS I get error "5-100-4". In Windows I get error "5-3-4". I bought the goggles from a retailer online. I don't have a local dealer who carries them, I cannot use the workaround of pairing them to a drone.  Has DJI officially acknowledged this issue at all?

EDIT:

I was able to successfully upgrade and activate the goggles v2 following the instructions from:

I went back to the Windows machine and repeated the process. This time around it worked. I did not do much different. I did however make sure that the Goggle batteries were 100% charged before starting the upgrade process described in the video. Was that the key to making it work... I don't know. Maybe I just got lucky.

This is what I see now on the goggles in FPV mode.

DJI Goggles V2 FPV Mode

DJI Goggles V2 FPV Mode

2021-3-19
Use props
Revegas
New

Germany

I got the same problem on my Mac.
So I tried it do update and activate on windows.
On windows I could update to v01.01.0000 even that wasn’t the right update version I also did the workaround with the dji after sales account for the assistant.
With that account I could downgrade to version 00.05.1086.
On that version I could change the fpv mode on the Google settings. At the very end in the Google settings you can find change to dji fpv, you can change between those modes.
My googles shipped with the dji fpv drone mode activated, but I don’t have the drone I ordered the set with googles, remote and air unit.

After I had version 00.05.1086 installed on the googles I was able to upgrade to v01.00.0606 with my own dji account and not the dji after sales account mentioned in the video, but only on windows not on Mac.
When v01.00.0606 is installed I was able to activate the googles with the dji assistant and bind the googles to the air unit and the remote v1.

The video from Joshua Bardwell mentioned in the comment before mine helped me out.
Maybe these videos can also help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz6YorEXLEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Y8thOnhFk

Good luck and happy flying
2021-3-20
Use props
djiuser_aPToBuM1kqUG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same issue for me. 1806 is available but not 1086. 1806 does not have the switch to FPV mode option in the goggle.

i am stuck on 01.01.000 or 00.05.1806
2021-3-21
Use props
SvenDB
New

Belgium

djiuser_aPToBuM1kqUG Posted at 3-21 06:46
Same issue for me. 1806 is available but not 1086. 1806 does not have the switch to FPV mode option in the goggle.

i am stuck on 01.01.000 or 00.05.1806

I've got exact the same problem. Also got my goggle from a combo kit without owning the drone or remote.

I did the fix numerous times. Also stuck between 01.01.0000 or 00.05.1806. Non of them provide the option to switch to FPV mode so i can activate the goggle. Why do we need activation anyway ?!? It's just hardware.

i contacted DJI support and they told me to repeat the downgrade to 00.05.1806 till it works. Yeah, well, i did it 19 times already en counting. This is ridiculous for this kind of price point. It should work, period. I tried different PC's, laptop's and phones.

2021-3-23
Use props
semkow87
lvl.1
United States

Anyone have sensor error ? No picture in googles brand new
2021-3-25
Use props
cootertwo
First Officer
United States

Just to be clear. When I opened my box, I connected to the DJI assistant for FPV, and upgraded my controller, drone, and goggles, no problem. Everything is linked, I can see out the camera, battery, gps, all that info shows, but the stupid "goggles not activated" red bar on bottom right. I guess I'll have to buy a new phone, that is supposed to be compatable with the "FLY" app, to try to activate my brick. To ad to the frustration, Fed Ex delivered my extra 2 batteries and charging strip today. I think I need a few drinks.
2021-3-26
Use props
fans5a1b28a6
Flight distance : 15180 ft
Canada

Exact same issue here, and after being on hold over 3 hours all I got was "send us a video so our engineers can look at it"
2021-3-28
Use props
HavardNTJ
lvl.1

Norway

After getting my 2nd pair of goggles and experiencing the excact same ...show as with my first pair, I decided to try and find a solution - it only took me 3 weeks. For those wanting to try the same route - I'm on a 2015 macbook pro, running Big Sur. What worked for me was first to uninstall the DJI Assistant 2. Then I did this in order:
1. Install DJI Assistant 2 (FPV System)
2. Disable System Integrity Protection (csrutil). This is done by restarting your Mac, then booting into system repair by holding command+R until the Apple logo appears. Then open the terminal and use the command "csrutil disable". Restart your Mac and boot normally.
3. When booted up normally and onto your account, open the terminal. Use this command: "sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/HoRNDIS.kext". Type in your password. If you get an error, continue to step 4. If not gi straight to step 5.
4. You'll get an "error" telling you to approve the app update in the System preferences. Go to Security and Privacy, klick the lock and approve HoRNDIS to update. Run the command "sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/HoRNDIS.kext" and it should run without an error.
5. Restart your mac, boot normally.
6. Boot DJI Assistant 2 and log into the DJI_aftersales@outlook.com account. The password is DJI123456. Update to the 0.05. Then you should have the option to switch to FPV mode.
7. Log into your own account and upgrade the software to the newest.
8. Succes?

This worked for me. I hope you all have the same results. I was about to throw the goggles into the wall, but decided to stay up after work and try and find a solution.
Cheers and good luck.
2021-3-29
Use props
unchpockable
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9534 ft
Russia

I bought my goggles v2 as a part of FPV Combo and i tried all possible solutions, nothing helps to switch goggles to fpv mode and connect to Air Unit(

2021-3-30
Use props
Paul T.
lvl.1
Russia

I finally discovered working solution to get the ability to switch the goggles v2 to FPV mode.
Tried it twice on different combo-goggles from different stores (Russia and China). Worked fine.
Couldn't even activate it without the drone. Tried everything - still no option.

What I did to get it back:
1. Connected the goggles to PC, DJI Assistant 2 FPV DJI (logged in with my own account, not DJI_aftersales). (goggles still not activated, no switch option)
2. Updated firmware to the latest 01.01.0000 (for today).
3. Unpluged it and connect to DJI Fly mobile app (logged in with my own account), goggles icon appears on the right bottom corner.
4. Started the FPV drone (friend's one) and bound it to my goggles. Activate process started and done successfully (there was some network errors, but finally got through after 10-15 tries).
5. Connected the goggles (activated and bounded to the drone) to PC again, and unlocked the drone following the steps on https://b3yond.d3vl.com/ (it's for free).
6. Rebooted the goggles. Done! There is option to switch to FPV.
7. Bought these guys a coffee. They're awesome!

As I understood from the site, this hack sends a command to DJI FPV Drone that changes its region to US, unlocking full radio power on the drone (from 25mw to 1400mw).
That's why people in US don't have this issue with disappeared option to switch to FPV mode.

Long story short, if you have fpv drone, you just have to unlock it on d3vl site.
And if you don't have one, you have to find someone who has, bind his drone to your goggles, activate the goggles and unlock the drone.

But keep in mind, connecting your drone back to DJI Fly App will reset the region on your DJI FPV Drone to its default.

Hope this will help.
2021-4-1
Use props
Абдул Мустафа
lvl.1

Belarus

Paul T. Posted at 4-1 06:25
I finally discovered working solution to get the ability to switch the goggles v2 to FPV mode.
Tried it twice on different combo-goggles from different stores (Russia and China). Worked fine.
Couldn't even activate it without the drone. Tried everything - still no option.

Let the service centers provide such a service
2021-4-3
Use props
unchpockable
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9534 ft
Russia

Paul T. Posted at 4-1 06:25
Tried it twice on different combo-goggles from different stores (Russia and China). Worked fine.

Paul, thank you! I spend 3 weeks searching for solution and finally your post saved my time! Tons of thanks!
2021-4-4
Use props
fansdf63cd6a
New

United States

This is unacceptable for the amount of money we spend with this bs company. First the batteries and now the damn drones. I’m switching to Yuneec or that other company
2021-4-4
Use props
bussjd
New
United Arab Emirates

How can a company like DJI be so blatantly incompetent?
Can't get an engineer to do caching instead of downloading the while firmware over and over when it fails?
Why does it fails in the first place? Can't afford Q&A? Go back to school DJI
2021-4-12
Use props
FixTheSoftware
lvl.1

Germany

mkorbi Posted at 3-19 09:12
Any useful updates here?
My Goggles never mind which firmware shows the following and doesn't accept any push button.
[view_image]

Same problem 1 month later
2021-4-14
Use props
fansd65d12cf
New

Sweden

HavardNTJ Posted at 3-29 14:14
After getting my 2nd pair of goggles and experiencing the excact same ...show as with my first pair, I decided to try and find a solution - it only took me 3 weeks. For those wanting to try the same route - I'm on a 2015 macbook pro, running Big Sur. What worked for me was first to uninstall the DJI Assistant 2. Then I did this in order:
1. Install DJI Assistant 2 (FPV System)
2. Disable System Integrity Protection (csrutil). This is done by restarting your Mac, then booting into system repair by holding command+R until the Apple logo appears. Then open the terminal and use the command "csrutil disable". Restart your Mac and boot normally.

If you have a mac you have to try this. It worked on my macbook air 2019 with Big sur. I had tried everything before this, different cables, connections etc without any luck. The goggles was stuck in DJI FPV mode. It just got stuck on 0% at transmitting when trying to update. I was just about to find someone with the DJI drone that I could use to pair my goggles with. When I followed HavardNT steps it worked perfect. After I downloaded the old firmware I was able to change mode to ''DJI FPV digital'' and then log in to my own DJI account and connect the goggles and activate them. One thing to say is that there is a space between kextload and / which(in the command) is hard to see. At my first attempt i didn't use a space and therefore i didn't work.  
2021-4-24
Use props
djiuser_pssZBUK0Z9d7
New

Poland

Same problem one month later. I can’t even downgrade my software to v00.05.1086 (I can’ even see it in DA2). Do you guys have any new solution?
2021-4-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_pssZBUK0Z9d7 Posted at 4-30 06:04
Same problem one month later. I can’t even downgrade my software to v00.05.1086 (I can’ even see it in DA2). Do you guys have any new solution?

When you login to Assistant 2, using the DJI_aftersales@outlook.com. You need to go to 'settings' and ensure the last selection 'Product Improvement Program' is switched off. If its left on it will not give you the option to downgrade to v00.05.1086

2021-4-30
Use props
djiuser_pssZBUK0Z9d7
New

Poland

I have Product Improvement Program switched off and still can’t see v00.05.1086 version. Do you have any idea what can I do?
2021-5-1
Use props
Stepir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42589 ft
Italy

Guys connect the google to a windows box or a VM - update firmware to the latest - then you go in about and switch to FPV mode. This need a manual restart then connect once again to DJI Assistant for windows and update to the latest version.
2021-5-19
Use props
djiuser_7MLmkyOF4cPx
New

France

Stepir Posted at 5-19 09:58
Guys connect the google to a windows box or a VM - update firmware to the latest - then you go in about and switch to FPV mode. This need a manual restart then connect once again to DJI Assistant for windows and update to the latest version.

Hello ! Can you give us more infos about this way of doing it with VM ? Thanks
2021-5-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules