Do the v1 goggles work as a audience for the v2 pilot?
5910 14 2021-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 238934 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do the v1 goggles work as a audience for the v2 pilot? I have both the v1 goggles and the FPV Drone Combo with the v2 goggles. I can see what looks like the foundation for this to work, I just can't get it to work.

2021-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, DigitalBoss. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. Currently, only the DJI FPV Goggles v2 can enter the Audience Mode.
2021-3-7
Use props
uasflightops
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1273983 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Please tell me you are joking! If this doesn't change its criminal! If we cant use the goggles to watch with what are they for now as the new version works with old air units the old goggles are now completely redundant! I have used DJI equipment for 6-7 years but this is the worst decision you've EVER! made.
2021-3-12
Use props
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 238934 ft
  • >>>
United States

uasflightops Posted at 3-12 09:56
DJI Please tell me you are joking! If this doesn't change its criminal! If we cant use the goggles to watch with what are they for now as the new version works with old air units the old goggles are now completely redundant! I have used DJI equipment for 6-7 years but this is the worst decision you've EVER! made.

DJI Gamora did say "currently".
2021-3-12
Use props
CaptainChaos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200259 ft
South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-7 01:55
Hi, DigitalBoss. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. Currently, only the DJI FPV Goggles v2 can enter the Audience Mode.

Dear DJI, this is completely unacceptable. I have DJI racing goggles V1 and Racing Goggles RE with a similar issue. Now I have V1 FPV Goggles that are completely redundant in working with my V2 FPV combo drone and goggles. I really thought Audience mode would work in the very least...
How to discourage loyal customers!!!
2021-3-25
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

While some things done by DJI baffles me I understand this limitation. The new FPV drone transmits a much better image than Air Units. DJI has obviously made some upgrates to the new drone and goggles. The V1 googles probably can't receive the high resolution video. In order for V1 drones to receive the new video, the drone would need to greatly reduce the qualty of the video transmitted. While it might be possible for the drone's firmware to be modified to reduce the quality of the transmitted video, it's understandable DJI isn't using resources to make this change.
Of course it's easy for me to say this since I don't have V1 goggles.

I'm hoping DJI comes up with a new Air Unit with similiar video quality to the new drone. Ideally the new Air Unit would also be able to use the new controller as well.

Edit: If DJI developers are reading, it would really nice if a new Air Unit accepted input from an external flight controller for on screen display information.
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_3ATpm9wesM0m
lvl.1

United States

Probably a little late, but did you try making sure that both pairs were in 25mbps? I was having trouble with my two's until I switched them both to 25mbps
2021-4-14
Use props
steforru
lvl.1
Flight distance : 900699 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello
Do you know the maximum audience is it possible to have with V2 ?
I have 2 V2 and i want to 2 more
Thanks
Sorry for my english, i’m french
2021-5-10
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

steforru Posted at 5-10 23:49
Hello
Do you know the maximum audience is it possible to have with V2 ?
I have 2 V2 and i want to 2 more

I don't think there's  a limit to how many audience goggles are used.
The drone transmits the video and receives data back from the master goggles. Only the master goggles communicate with the drone.
The audience goggles are passive receivers.

I want to make sure you know you can use a tablet to display the video. The on screen data does not display in the tablet but a tablet would allow multiple viewers to watch a flight.

The USB video (which connects with the tablet) only works with the master goggles.
2021-5-11
Use props
steforru
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

Duane Degn Posted at 5-11 07:02
I don't think there's  a limit to how many audience goggles are used.
The drone transmits the video and receives data back from the master goggles. Only the master goggles communicate with the drone.
The audience goggles are passive receivers.
J’ai réussi à connecter 2 casques spectateurs et un pilote mais la qualité des spectateurs est vraiment moins bonne.
J’ai demandé au service technique de DJi et ils m’ont répondu que la qualité des spectateurs est réduite pour optimiser celle du pilote mais là clairement c’est abusé et inexploitable en activité commerciale.
Je me demande même si les Goggles de mon  ancien Mavic Zoom n’était pas meilleure avec plusieurs spectateurs. Je n’avais qu’une paire de Goggles (blanches) avec mon Zoom donc je n’ai pas pu comparer avec les V2 et le DJi FPV.

Si quelqu’un a déjà connecté plusieurs Googles avec un Mavic son retour m’intéresse beaucoup.

Je pense aussi que le fait de connecter mon IPhone avec DJI Fly sur les lunettes spectateurs ou pilote (les 2 fonctionnement) me fait perdre le Hack FCC donc je ne peux pas me servir d’un retour vidéo en plus pour d’autres spectateurs.
2021-5-16
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

steforru Posted at 5-16 08:55
J’ai réussi à connecter 2 casques spectateurs et un pilote mais la qualité des spectateurs est vraiment moins bonne.
J’ai demandé au service technique de DJi et ils m’ont répondu que la qualité des spectateurs est réduite pour optimiser celle du pilote mais là clairement c’est abusé et inexploitable en activité commerciale.
Je me demande même si les Goggles de mon  ancien Mavic Zoom n’était pas meilleure avec plusieurs spectateurs. Je n’avais qu’une paire de Goggles (blanches) avec mon Zoom donc je n’ai pas pu comparer avec les V2 et le DJi FPV.

Translated from French:
"I managed to connect 2 spectator headsets and a pilot but the quality of the spectators is really not as good.
I asked DJi's technical department and they replied that the quality of the spectators is reduced to optimize that of the pilot but this clearly is being abused and unusable in commercial activity.
I even wonder if my old Mavic Zoom's Goggles weren't better with multiple spectators. I only had a pair of (white) Goggles with my Zoom so I couldn't compare with the V2s and the DJi FPV.

If anyone has already connected multiple Googles with a Mavic I'm very interested in getting back.

I also think that connecting my iPhone with DJI Fly on the spectator or pilot glasses (both functioning) makes me lose the FCC Hack so I cannot use an additional video feedback for other spectators."

I don't know how the video transmission protocol works but what DJI tech support said does make sense to me. The video is likely transmitted in packets. Only the pilot's goggles will transmit replies to the drone. So the drone only knows which packets arrive to the pilot's goggles. All the spectator goggles have to make due with whatever information they happen to receive.

It stinks that the FCC hack doesn't work when connected to the iPhone.
Have you tried using video out to an Android device?
2021-5-16
Use props
steforru
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

Le Hack saute avec IOS et Androïd

Je vais essayer de changer les antennes pour voir si ça améliore la qualité des spectateurs.
2021-5-16
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

steforru Posted at 5-16 10:45

Je vais essayer de changer les antennes pour voir si ça améliore la qualité des spectateurs.

From French:
"Hack jumps with IOS and Android
I will try to change the antennas to see if it improves the quality of the spectators."

I hope you let us know if you find something which works well.  Good luck.
2021-5-16
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

steforru Posted at 5-16 10:45

Have you seen the information about the latest video hack?

Maybe the DJI Fly app causes the problem with the FCC hack? If the problem is caused by the app, them maybe a different video capture program would allow you share the video while also using the FCC hack.

Here's a video discussing the latest video hack. This YouTube channel has other videos with more information regarding the video hack. There are also links in the video description to more information.

2021-5-16
Use props
steforru
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

Duane Degn Posted at 5-16 15:52
Have you seen the information about the latest video hack?

Maybe the DJI Fly app causes the problem with the FCC hack? If the problem is caused by the app, them maybe a different video capture program would allow you share the video while also using the FCC hack.

Merci pour le lien.
Apparemment Beyond3d va sortir un 2eme programme pour le partage de vidéo en HDMI plus imple que celui qu'ils ont fait récemment .

Ca pourrait être une solution pour moi si j'arrive à partager la vidéo en HDMI sur des anciennes Goggles blancs en attendant des antennes adaptées et plus performantes
2021-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules