Battery Installation Error 30068 - Should I be worried?
3789 2 2021-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2eeacffe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1136460 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello.

I've had my Mavic Air 2 since around Oct/Nov 2020. I noticed just recently that I keep getting the battery installation error pop up in the app. It will show briefly and disappear, then re-appear and then disappear. The error never stays displayed to me for more than a second. After doing some research here and seeing how someone stated to clean the battery contacts, etc. - I followed that approach and I still have the error pop up.

After going through all 3 batteries it seems to me it's not the batteries but the drone itself since I can't isolate the error happening on a specific battery. I have been able to fly the drone once the error goes away briefly. Once it's launched and I'm flying around I don't see the error again. My concern at this point is the drone completly dropping out of the sky because of this battery installation issue. Is it possible the drone will drop out of the sky from this error? I do have DJI Care refresh but is this known issue covered under warranty instead?
2021-3-7
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

The 30068 indicates that one or both of the two silver side connectors on the battery aren’t making sufficient contact with the corresponding copper connectors in the sides of the drone’s battery compartment.  Clean the connectors (battery and drone) and make sure the battery is fully seated - with both “buttons” in their fully extended position.  If the problem persists, try a different battery.

The intent of these connectors is to ensure that the battery is fully seated and “locked into” the drone.  If it is fully locked in and still making a bad connection on those side connectors, you’ll get warnings but the drone will function just fine.  However, if the poor connection is because the battery truly isn’t seated properly, then it could dislodge further during flight, depriving the drone of electrical power and leading to a crash.
2021-3-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. In order to ensure that the battery has been installed correctly during use, DJI Innovations has a detection device for the battery installed in place in the battery compartment. If you encounter this prompt '30068' during use, please first check whether the battery is installed and the buckle is in place; then please try to wipe the metal paddles on the battery and the paddles in the battery compartment with a dry paper towel. If the problem still exists, it is recommended to contact our support team at http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for service. We'll do the best to help this out. Thank you.
2021-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules