MAX POWER LOAD REACHED | VISION SENSORS BLOCKED
568 13 2021-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jasta ~
First Officer
Flight distance : 500554 ft
Philippines

Happened to my FAIRLY NEW (2weeks old) MA2 during my 6th FLIGHT on a SPORTS MODE - FULL THROTTLE!

I've seen a quite few posts with this notification Aircraft max power load reached. Decrease altitude and fly with caution. If this issue persists, land immediately (Code: 30168) before crashing down.

Seeing a couple of posts with these errors before crashing their MA2's makes me feel anxious flying my MA2 again.

Hoping someone has a clear input as to how to resolve or prevent this.
Here's my flight log: https://app.airdata.com/share/EHNhGR

Capture.PNG
2021-3-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

There was not a lot of ground speed at full tilt throttle with max climb in sport mode when the power message occured. Do you have any accessories attached? Are you saying it crashed right next to you?
2021-3-8
Use props
Jasta ~
First Officer
Philippines

GaryDoug Posted at 3-8 20:04
There was not a lot of ground speed at full tilt throttle with max climb in sport mode when the power message occured. Do you have any accessories attached? Are you saying it crashed right next to you?

No it didn't crash. I immediately lower the altitude. No accessories attached as well.
2021-3-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jasta ~. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Air 2  and please calibrate the IMU on a flat surface with less interference and the compass to isolate the issue. If issue persists after these troubleshooting steps, it would be best please contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support to start up a ticket and for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2021-3-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It looks like something was limiting the top speed to about half. Maybe some members here who are more experienced can help. Good luck.
2021-3-8
Use props
Jasta ~
First Officer
Philippines

GaryDoug Posted at 3-8 20:45
It looks like something was limiting the top speed to about half. Maybe some members here who are more experienced can help. Good luck.

Thanks! Will wait for other comments.
2021-3-8
Use props
Jasta ~
First Officer
Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-8 20:36
Hello there Jasta ~. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Air 2  and please calibrate the IMU on a flat surface with less interference and the compass to isolate the issue. If issue persists after these troubleshooting steps, it would be best please contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support to start up a ticket and for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.

Thanks Stephen. Will do this and observe.
2021-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive had this on the Mavic 2 Pro and it was caused by the props,  swapped them out for new ones all sorted,  doesn't need much of a twist in the prop to stop it being efficient.
2021-3-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

When demanding all the power of your MA2 ; 100% UP and 100% forward in Sport mode, yes sometimes this error is seen.

Only 1x in your flight, imo nothing to worry about.

And for sure   no need to calibrate your compass!!   bit silly of DJI to be honest.

Red dot lower part of chart is Max Power error, see the speed drops a little (from 12.7 m/s to approx 9.5 m/s) as 100% climbing and full forward costs some forward speed. (normal behaviour)

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2021-3-9
Use props
fansc21125cf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 455463 ft
United States

I recently had a "fatal flight" which ended up with my Mavic in the shop. I got it home just in time to see it fall out of the sky. https://app.airdata.com/share/kDLcNp
2021-3-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansc21125cf Posted at 3-9 03:37
I recently had a "fatal flight" which ended up with my Mavic in the shop. I got it home just in time to see it fall out of the sky. https://app.airdata.com/share/kDLcNp

Hi,

Enough warnings in the app to respond too, continue to fly was not a good idea.
BTW first part of the flight ZERO satellites, after 34s in flight HP was set, so HP was not set at your starting point.

In the 5 chart chart : see red part of blue height line = going down uncontrolled, see the vertical speed too.Bottom part : black diamond = motor error, red dot = max power!

Cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2021-3-9
Use props
Jasta ~
First Officer
Philippines

JJB* Posted at 3-9 02:51
Hi,

When demanding all the power of your MA2 ; 100% UP and 100% forward in Sport mode, yes sometimes this error is seen.

Thank you Cap. JJB!

I really appreciate it. So we gotta release the left and right throttle in case this happens again.
2021-3-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jasta ~ Posted at 3-9 18:49
Thank you Cap. JJB!

I really appreciate it. So we gotta release the left and right throttle in case this happens again.

yes, just ask less power for your drone by flying smoothlier  ;-)

If it happens many times during a flight, also in less power demands than its is time to think about if someting is in error.

cheers
JJB
2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jasta ~ Posted at 3-8 21:29
Thanks Stephen. Will do this and observe.

Hi there Jasta ~. Thank you for the reply and if you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules