Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Occusync 3
14518 33 2021-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have seen many reviews that states this drone uses Occusync 3.

Has anyone seen any reference material from DJI that states its Occusync 3?

And would this then mean, future drones will be Occusync 3 and the SmartController defunct?

Cheers

2021-3-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Occusync 3 seems just to be a faster bitrate to get the latency down.   With the smart controller there's no guarantee that it will support new drones into the future.
2021-3-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there bjr981s. Good day and thank you for these information. The DJI FPV features the new DJI O3 ( OcuSync 3.0 ) video transmission, 4K/60fps video, and electronic image stabilization. The maximum image transmission distance of the DJI FPV drone is 10km ( FCC ), 6km ( SRRC ), and 6km ( MIC ). The is measured in an obstruction-free and interference-free conditions. Thank you.
2021-3-9
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-9 19:15
Hello there bjr981s. Good day and thank you for these information. The DJI FPV features the new DJI O3 ( OcuSync 3.0 ) video transmission, 4K/60fps video, and electronic image stabilization. The maximum image transmission distance of the DJI FPV drone is 10km ( FCC ), 6km ( SRRC ), and 6km ( MIC ). The is measured in an obstruction-free and interference-free conditions. Thank you.

Thanks Stephen,

I guess then that future drones will be Occusync 3 and not compatible with the Smart Controller?

Would that be correct?

Cheers Brian
2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

bjr981s Posted at 3-10 02:45
Thanks Stephen,

I guess then that future drones will be Occusync 3 and not compatible with the Smart Controller?

Hi there Brian. You are very much welcome and thank you for the insights. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products and future updates. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-3-10
Use props
fansf51a4a12
New
France

Hi i got troulble with the range advertised as 6km in EU, I can got to maximum 700m before the drone video feed and rc feed disconnect, I m flying in a big field with not so much interference i guess, what can be my probleme ?
2021-3-11
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-10 22:07
Hi there Brian. You are very much welcome and thank you for the insights. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products and future updates. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

Thanks Stephen,

My FPV Combo + Flymore + Motion controller + backpack arrived today. Also received the Mavic Air 2 hard case. Love it. I have 2 of the Mavic 2 cases from DJI as well. One for my Zoom and another for my Pro. Charging Batteries, activating and updating now.

Would be great if DJI could supply one for the FPV as well. I really like your cases.

Cheers Brian

2021-3-11
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

fansf51a4a12 Posted at 3-11 05:58
Hi i got troulble with the range advertised as 6km in EU, I can got to maximum 700m before the drone video feed and rc feed disconnect, I m flying in a big field with not so much interference i guess, what can be my probleme ?

What altitude were you flying? the 6Klm would be at 120m, not ground level.

You could also try locking to 2.4ghz only. 5.8ghz has reduced range.
2021-3-11
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 3-9 07:24
Occusync 3 seems just to be a faster bitrate to get the latency down.   With the smart controller there's no guarantee that it will support new drones into the future.

Indeed. That does seem to be the case historically.

CrystalSky, Goggles White, Goggles RE, Goggles FPV V1.

Looks like a short lived ecosystem.

2021-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 3-11 09:43
Indeed. That does seem to be the case historically.

CrystalSky, Goggles White, Goggles RE, Goggles FPV V1.

Thats just typical of accessories for a product,  I bought an accessory for my car, then a year later got the newer model and couldn't use it.   No complaints as it wasn't sold to be future compatable.
2021-3-11
Use props
fansf51a4a12
New
France

bjr981s Posted at 3-11 09:40

You could also try locking to 2.4ghz only. 5.8ghz has reduced range.

i was high in the sky, something like 60m, maybe more
2021-3-11
Use props
Kendo CL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 886457 ft
Chile

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-9 19:15

Hello, i have a problem, at 800 meters I totally lose the signal of the control and the glasses, it does not give the supposed 10 kilometers of transmission distance. i hope dji fixes this problem or else you risk a misleading advertising lawsuit.
2021-3-12
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-10 22:07
Hi there Brian. You are very much welcome and thank you for the insights. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products and future updates. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

Just letting you know that there is a bug in the current DJI FLY app when upgrading the Firmware.

If the battery is insufficient for the Goggles when doing the firmware upgrade it pops the usual battery warning and fails the upgrade. The issue is the Warning pops up in Chinese text.

Cheers

2021-3-12
Use props
fans58d5305f
New

United States

If I update my smart controller to occusync 3.0 will it be compatible with my Phantom 4 Pro occusync 2.0?
2021-4-23
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

fans58d5305f Posted at 4-23 00:54
If I update my smart controller to occusync 3.0 will it be compatible with my Phantom 4 Pro occusync 2.0?

The SC cannot be upgraded to O3. The FPV drone at this time only works with O2.
2021-4-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Everything in the future will get defunct, including our own human lives and eventually Earth.
2021-4-27
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Air2S is specced as O3 (Occusync 3) for Transmission, as O3 supports a higher bitrate, the remotes uses Occusync 2, and the Air 2S aircraft is compatible with the Smart Controller. So just because it has O3 does not mean that it won't be compatible! That said the Smart Controller is unlikely to support the FPV Drone in the future.
2021-4-27
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Buzzyone Posted at 4-27 06:30
The Air2S is specced as O3 (Occusync 3) for Transmission, as O3 supports a higher bitrate, the remotes uses Occusync 2, and the Air 2S aircraft is compatible with the Smart Controller. So just because it has O3 does not mean that it won't be compatible! That said the Smart Controller is unlikely to support the FPV Drone in the future.

The SC is O2 for video reception.

So the drone uses O2 for video transmission to the SC.

The FPV Goggles support O3 for the FPV drone.

The O3 goggles are not compatible with the O3 "claim" on the Air 2S.

So just what is the O3 support and what does it work with....Currently nothing.

The higher bit rate is not supported on the Air 2s. At least at this time.

2021-4-28
Use props
djiuser_csMcn89Ytoie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32041 ft
United States

This is what support from DJI told me about the smart controller being used with the AIR 2s.......

It's our pleasure to answer your question, please be advised that the Smart controller has a hardware concern, leading to it can not be upgraded to the same transmission distance as the original controller of Air 2s. It is greatly recommended that please tune to the DJI official website, which will update the latest product news. We really appreciate your interest in the DJI, hoping you can kindly understand that.
The smart controller can compatible with the DJI air 2s, which just can not arrive at the same transmission distance since the Air 2s supports Occusync 3.0 but the Smart controller just supports  Occusync 2.0.
2021-5-25
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_csMcn89Ytoie Posted at 5-25 19:15
This is what support from DJI told me about the smart controller being used with the AIR 2s.......

It's our pleasure to answer your question, please be advised that the Smart controller has a hardware concern, leading to it can not be upgraded to the same transmission distance as the original controller of Air 2s. It is greatly recommended that please tune to the DJI official website, which will update the latest product news. We really appreciate your interest in the DJI, hoping you can kindly understand that.

Ha ha, They lie.

The controller shipped with the Air 2S is Occusync 2. Its stated clearly in the specification sheet on the DJI website.

Its also 100% the same Hardware and Firmware as the Air 2 controller shipped prior to "O3".

Love DJI support. They have no idea and make stuff up.

But "the Smart-controller has a hardware concern" statement is a bit disturbing. I have 2 of them, and they arn't cheap.

Cheers
2021-5-28
Use props
Desert-Sands
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132979 ft
United States

I believe, reading through the broken English.  What they are trying to say is: O3 requires a different transmission bitrate 50 MBPS vs 12.5 MBPS for O2.  AND it's a HARDWARE limitation NOT a Firmware limitation.  So it can't be resolved by a firmware upgrade.   In addition, because the Bitrate (and corresponding Bandwidth) is increased in OC3, the corresponding transmit power would need to be increased by 6 dB.   The FCC allows 31.5 dBm (about 1.3 watts) on O3 vs 26 dBm on. O2 (about 350 milliwatts).  This is also a potential Hardware limitation.   It depends on the headroom of the RF amplifier stage of the controller.    So, guess we need to wait for a new controller.   Odd they would release drones with O3 with no O3 controllers available.

Joe
2021-5-28
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Desert-Sands Posted at 5-28 23:24
I believe, reading through the broken English.  What they are trying to say is: O3 requires a different transmission bitrate 50 MBPS vs 12.5 MBPS for O2.  AND it's a HARDWARE limitation NOT a Firmware limitation.  So it can't be resolved by a firmware upgrade.   In addition, because the Bitrate (and corresponding Bandwidth) is increased in OC3, the corresponding transmit power would need to be increased by 6 dB.   The FCC allows 31.5 dBm (about 1.3 watts) on O3 vs 26 dBm on. O2 (about 350 milliwatts).  This is also a potential Hardware limitation.   It depends on the headroom of the RF amplifier stage of the controller.    So, guess we need to wait for a new controller.   Odd they would release drones with O3 with no O3 controllers available.

Joe

Yes you could be correct. In theory if the drone is in fact O3 then the FPV Goggles and controller should work.

I suspect that they throw around O1, O2 and O3 as a marketing term and in reality there is no standard that they use. The history shows some backward compatibility for some systems but no Parallel compatibility in others.

i.e. O2 -M2 drones can work with O1 goggles sets. But O2 Controllers e.g. SC and M2 controllers  do not work with Mini 2 that is claimed to be O2.

So:
Some O2 works with O1
O2 Does not work with Some O2.
O3 works with some O2
O3 does not work with some O3.

So O? is meaningless.

Beats me to figure out what it all means.

2021-5-31
Use props
djiuser_DMDBdhGh7SN8
lvl.1
United States

bjr981s Posted at 3-11 09:40

You could also try locking to 2.4ghz only. 5.8ghz has reduced range.

Thank you. I forgot about the 2.4 increased range.
I did know about height.
Thanks for reminding me...
2021-8-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 5-31 07:12
Yes you could be correct. In theory if the drone is in fact O3 then the FPV Goggles and controller should work.

I suspect that they throw around O1, O2 and O3 as a marketing term and in reality there is no standard that they use. The history shows some backward compatibility for some systems but no Parallel compatibility in others.

Let's not get too technical.  If it works, it works.  How is the lag and feed?  That is all that matters.  If you have used Parrot like the Anafi and Skydio 2, the feed is like 50x worse than DJI.
2021-8-29
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-29 20:20
Let's not get too technical.  If it works, it works.  How is the lag and feed?  That is all that matters.  If you have used Parrot like the Anafi and Skydio 2, the feed is like 50x worse than DJI.

It matters for those people that want to have cross functionality with multiple models.

As always the devil is in the detail.
2021-8-30
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 8-30 00:04
It matters for those people that want to have cross functionality with multiple models.

As always the devil is in the detail.

But what they say is Ocusync may not be entirely a complete Ocusync as it could be better or stripped.  We don't know as it's proprietary.    It could be 2.1 or 1.9.  It could be 2.5.  It could be 3.0.  3.1 2.9 etc.
2021-8-30
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-30 13:36
But what they say is Ocusync may not be entirely a complete Ocusync as it could be better or stripped.  We don't know as it's proprietary.    It could be 2.1 or 1.9.  It could be 2.5.  It could be 3.0.  3.1 2.9 etc.

Who is they? Do you have a reference?

O3 as implemented in the FPV Drone is a completely different technology. It does not comply to frequency hopping standards and is fixed frequency video transmission like analogue FPV systems.

The "Claimed" O3 in the Air 2s is the same technology as O2 hence the Smart-controller support.

O3 in the FPV drone is not a branch off the same tree. It's a different tree. Its fundamentally designed from ground up to support low latency video transmission.

Occusync is not IMHO a technology its a marketing term. Hence the confusion around what the various versions actually mean.

2021-8-30
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 8-30 20:38
Who is they? Do you have a reference?

O3 as implemented in the FPV Drone is a completely different technology. It does not comply to frequency hopping standards and is fixed frequency video transmission like analogue FPV systems.

Just because a company says the way it works is say O3, it doesn't mean they are compliant fully with the O3 standard.  There probably is no standard as you are thinking there is so the idea isn't to get too mad.  The names are just ways for people to be familiar w/ what something is capable of such as a better method.  If they start calling it O3.1 or O2.8 people wouldn't like it.  It can even be O2.5 and O3.2 in the same drone w/ adding/not adding certain chips or enabled through firmware/software.  DJI engineers are amazing for what they have made.  Pretty sure they can change and secret revision things w/o telling anybody and make it work like it's the same like every single model when it isn't.

Even if they make an O3/4 Smart Controller it's not like it cost $2M to have.  It would probably cost no more than $1.2k.  It would be cool to have the feed/response have lower latency.  Should make flying tight even more safe.  Goggles only on the FPV is fine but prefer to use the controller too if I could.  It's hard to truly film and frame as I've learned from the DJI RE Goggles doing a basic commercial job compared to just using the Smart Controller.
2021-8-30
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-30 20:43
Just because a company says the way it works is say O3, it doesn't mean they are compliant fully with the O3 standard.  There probably is no standard as you are thinking there is so the idea isn't to get too mad.  The names are just ways for people to be familiar w/ what something is capable of such as a better method.  If they start calling it O3.1 or O2.8 people wouldn't like it.  It can even be O2.5 and O3.2 in the same drone w/ adding/not adding certain chips or enabled through firmware/software.  DJI engineers are amazing for what they have made.  Pretty sure they can change and secret revision things w/o telling anybody and make it work like it's the same like every single model when it isn't.

Even if they make an O3/4 Smart Controller it's not like it cost $2M to have.  It would probably cost no more than $1.2k.  It would be cool to have the feed/response have lower latency.  Should make flying tight even more safe.  Goggles only on the FPV is fine but prefer to use the controller too if I could.  It's hard to truly film and frame as I've learned from the DJI RE Goggles doing a basic commercial job compared to just using the Smart Controller.

You missed my points. There are no standards. That is the problem. They confuse the hell out of people as the expectation is that O3 is better than O2 and O2 is better than O1. They are marketing terms to drive sales.

As I said originally It's about compatibility between components that people want to understand.

Calling a product O3 when its not. It's O2 with some tweaks and gives the impassion that it should also work with the FPV drone, Goggles and Controllers that is O3..

It's about what should I invest in and what will work with what.

As the people in my industry say. "Never confuse marketing and delivery."

2021-9-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 9-1 08:12
You missed my points. There are no standards. That is the problem. They confuse the hell out of people as the expectation is that O3 is better than O2 and O2 is better than O1. They are marketing terms to drive sales.

As I said originally It's about compatibility between components that people want to understand.

I don't really care what it's called as long as it works lol

Adhering strictly to specifications and companies giving up making things work because of the adherence is worse.  Let's not discourage companies to abide by certain policies or we may end up getting nothing.  This is why Apple and Samsung don't make more buttons other than volume and power.  They don't bother making switches anymore to save even more money and to prevent people further complaining.
2021-9-1
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What amazes me:
The DJI Air 2S also has the DJI O3 ...
... and this drone works with the smart controller (is also sold in a bundle!) although the smart controller "only" has OcuSync 2.0 ...
How does this work?
2021-9-9
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

frankymusik Posted at 9-9 06:46
What amazes me:
The DJI Air 2S also has the DJI O3 ...
... and this drone works with the smart controller (is also sold in a bundle!) although the smart controller "only" has OcuSync 2.0 ...

It isn't hence my OP. The spec of the DJI Air 2s is occusync 2.0 to the controller. It is in the Specification of the Air 2s published on the DJI Website. It is not the same O3 as the DJI FPV drone. It is "tweaked" O2 and DJI are using the O3 label as a marketing exercise. Its "O3" is incompatible with all O3 devices used in the FPV drone.

2021-9-10
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

bjr981s Posted at 9-10 01:20
It isn't hence my OP. The spec of the DJI Air 2s is occusync 2.0 to the controller. It is in the Specification of the Air 2s published on the DJI Website. It is not the same O3 as the DJI FPV drone. It is "tweaked" O2 and DJI are using the O3 label as a marketing exercise. Its "O3" is incompatible with all O3 devices used in the FPV drone.

... that is almost a bit "too complicated" for me if "O3" does not correspond to "O3" ...      
2021-9-10
Use props
BorisTheGerman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3675266 ft
United States

If your flying a fpv and want 700m plus you have to increase your altitude.  Most people don’t fly a half a mile away with a fpv.  Pretty much local because One it’s super quick and chan change direction so quickly.  Most are within 300 meters if your flying super low.  The signal is weaker along the ground and as you go higher your line of sight gets cleaner and cleaner.  10km is possible but you will need to add altitude the more distance between your and the drone. I fly at about 30meters high local tp 2k. 60meters to 4k  90meters to 6k 120meters to 6k. Just a quick Est.  Remember too look at your transmission options and see how busy the freqs are.  I can say flying daytime vs nighttime, daytime I get studders because freqs are super busy with everyone awake. At night, it’s super quiet and not a glitch.
2022-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules