1696 39 2021-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I went out flying my Mini 2 today in a remote area many many miles away  from closest airport, then I suddenly got a bit too close call with a  helicopter flying past me and my drone.

Tip: 15 min for people who doesn't want to watch the whole video.

2021-3-10
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

Nobody is going to watch a 22 minute video to find the 3 seconds of helicopter. Make a shorter video or tell people where they need to look.
2021-3-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

mavic2zoom-ch Posted at 3-10 00:42
Nobody is going to watch a 22 minute video to find the 3 seconds of helicopter. Make a shorter video or tell people where they need to look.

You obvious doesn't know how youtube work.

But for people who wonder, watch from 15 min
2021-3-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

I watched the video around 15m 3 times, have not spotted a helicopter.
But saw a white bear walking around picking his nose.....

cheers
JJB
2021-3-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

JJB* Posted at 3-10 01:37
Hi,

I watched the video around 15m 3 times, have not spotted a helicopter.

Haha.
But after 15 min you will hear the heli coming
2021-3-10
Use props
Raven850
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

its there at 16.05, top left going into the sun
2021-3-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Raven850 Posted at 3-10 01:44
its there at 16.05, top left going into the sun

thanks   had to watch bit longer....not 15 but 16m to start watching
2021-3-10
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

In New Zealand you can fly a drone 400ft high and other manned aircraft can only fly as low as 500ft unless landing of course or on special business e.g Police, Firefighting. So there should always be  a 100ft safety margin between the two. Even with that though it is always tense moments when an aircraft flies near by even if they are at the correct altitude. If I was an airplane or helicopter pilot there is no way I would go below 500ft cos there is all us lot flying down here with our drones!
2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there johansenfoto. Good day and thank you for sharing this flight experience that you had and this video as well. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-3-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

this is not close call at all in my opinion, it seemed like a safe distance both horizontally and vertically...
2021-3-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice scenes.
That is a scary moment indeed!
2021-3-10
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 3-10 03:31
this is not close call at all in my opinion, it seemed like a safe distance both horizontally and vertically...

You are correct sbonev! Not a close call at all!
2021-3-10
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1376841 ft
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 3-10 01:21
You obvious doesn't know how youtube work.

But for people who wonder, watch from 15 min

That wasn't a very nice comment. Let me help you show how YouTube can work for you in this situation. When you go to Share the link, there is a box on the bottom that will take the user right to the point in the video where you want them to watch.

2021-3-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-10 03:24
Hello there johansenfoto. Good day and thank you for sharing this flight experience that you had and this video as well. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  .

Thank you, and yes I will
2021-3-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

It is indeed a close call, because you need to be way furter away from other aircrafts.
If I haven't turned around and decreased altitude, then it would be not many meter away.
2021-3-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Montfrooij Posted at 3-10 03:38
Nice scenes.
That is a scary moment indeed!

Thank you for watching
2021-3-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

yogi053 Posted at 3-10 04:37
You are correct sbonev! Not a close call at all!

It is a close call. If I haven't turned around and lower my altitude, then we will not have been many meters away.
2021-3-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

InsaneDiego Posted at 3-10 06:36
That wasn't a very nice comment. Let me help you show how YouTube can work for you in this situation. When you go to Share the link, there is a box on the bottom that will take the user right to the point in the video where you want them to watch.

[view_image]

I only answered the comment troll with his own attitude
And this is how youtube works, get people to watch the whole video only for the short few seconds of interesting things - more watch hours
2021-3-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

johansenfoto Posted at 3-10 07:22
Thank you for watching

You're welcome!
2021-3-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Heard it coming at 15:52 and saw it in upper left corner at 16:04.  Heli was much, much higher than the drone.  
2021-3-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-10 08:26
Heard it coming at 15:52 and saw it in upper left corner at 16:04.  Heli was much, much higher than the drone.

The helicopter flew just above the mountain peak I was close to, so I am glad that I did return and lowering my altitude.
2021-3-10
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Exactly I’m right with you. Seems like clickbait
2021-3-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Here you guys can see on left my path marked with red where I was, and image on right is with ca. flight-path of helicopter. Distance is about 200 meter (60 feet) so if that is not close call, then you guys are just quarrelsome
2021-3-10
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

200 meters is 60 feet or did you mean 20 meters?
Didn’t look close to me but I wasn’t there.
2021-3-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Minute and exact seconds next time lmao and that definitely wasn't too close.
2021-3-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

im going to agree and say this isn't a close call because if it is, im in trouble.  to me, a close call would be reported (by the helicopter) to the authorities, maybe?  sure if you have moved up and into the path it would have been closer but imho, you didn't lower your altitude soon enough.  i see that you eventually did but as soon as i see or hear something, i immediately descend and not try to take evasive action....until i figure it out.   where you within vlos, could you see your drone and helicopter?  did it look close to you?

also where i fly (in the usa), i would have likely received a warning on my ma2 well before i heard the helicopter.  even if a see a diverging path, i try to first lower my altitude and hover for a few minutes.  i think you did fine but if you were flying a mini, i don't think anyone had much to worry about except if there were an actual collision.  i can agree with you that i don't like it very much when you fly in uncontrolled airspace and other aircraft fly so low, they really should stay above 400 feet....because we are the ones who will be at fault.
2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

johansenfoto Posted at 3-10 07:19
Thank you, and yes I will

Hi there johansenfoto. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying. .
2021-3-10
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Nice attempt at clickbait video there. You should have put the word 'EPIC' in your video title. Youtubers love using that word.
2021-3-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Lisa3 AKA Karen Posted at 3-10 15:35
200 meters is 60 feet or did you mean 20 meters?
Didn’t look close to me but I wasn’t there.

In aviation 200 meters is close call
2021-3-11
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

I was looking for a close call.  I saw no close call what so ever.  Click Bait if you ask me
2021-3-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

The Saint Posted at 3-10 17:31
im going to agree and say this isn't a close call because if it is, im in trouble.  to me, a close call would be reported (by the helicopter) to the authorities, maybe?  sure if you have moved up and into the path it would have been closer but imho, you didn't lower your altitude soon enough.  i see that you eventually did but as soon as i see or hear something, i immediately descend and not try to take evasive action....until i figure it out.   where you within vlos, could you see your drone and helicopter?  did it look close to you?

also where i fly (in the usa), i would have likely received a warning on my ma2 well before i heard the helicopter.  even if a see a diverging path, i try to first lower my altitude and hover for a few minutes.  i think you did fine but if you were flying a mini, i don't think anyone had much to worry about except if there were an actual collision.  i can agree with you that i don't like it very much when you fly in uncontrolled airspace and other aircraft fly so low, they really should stay above 400 feet....because we are the ones who will be at fault.

I did try to look at the log from flightradar to get the excact position of the helicopter, but they flew under "radar" so no log for the whole period.
Yes I could see the heli from my position, and it looked really close (for aviation purpose).
MA2 have atleast the warning in software, sad M2 doesn't because then I would probably knew it was coming long before I could hear it.
2021-3-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

BaliSkies Posted at 3-10 23:52
Nice attempt at clickbait video there. You should have put the word 'EPIC' in your video title. Youtubers love using that word.

Lol.
If you hear what I said in the video after, I wasn't planned to make a clickbait title.
2021-3-11
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

johansenfoto Posted at 3-11 00:33

sorry but 200m are close call for passenger airplanes...for 200 gr 20 sm drone this is like football field away...as much as you want to look amazed and get more views of your channel this is still a clickbait...
2021-3-11
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

Especially with your attitude of 'expecting' people to watch the entire length of your video for a complete non-event.
I'm well aware how YouTube works, however it seems that you aren't OP. I clicked through it for about 10 seconds and lost interest. Was that what you were aiming for?
2021-3-11
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

If 200 metres is a close call in aviation why then is 1000ft height separation allowed for airliners flying?
2021-3-11
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 3-11 00:33

Ok but you noted 200 meters (60 feet).
200 meters is 656 feet.
2021-3-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 3-10 13:31
The helicopter flew just above the mountain peak I was close to, so I am glad that I did return and lowering my altitude.

My Mavic Air 2 has air sense so it warns me of approaching planes and helis.
2021-3-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-11 05:28
My Mavic Air 2 has air sense so it warns me of approaching planes and helis.

not trying to brag because i didn't invent this, i just use it.....to add, it's very cool because it not only gives you the audible warning (sometimes in chinese) but also you can see the flight path of the approaching aircraft on your map screen include speed and direction.  how cool is that?

takes the guesswork out of high flying super loud aircraft that sound like they could be anywhere and you should ignore them (because i have it set to super-sensitive) or low flying fast aircraft that come out of nowhere and you can't hear them until they are right up on you.
2021-3-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-11 08:53
not trying to brag because i didn't invent this, i just use it.....to add, it's very cool because it not only gives you the audible warning (sometimes in chinese) but also you can see the flight path of the approaching aircraft on your map screen include speed and direction.  how cool is that?

takes the guesswork out of high flying super loud aircraft that sound like they could be anywhere and you should ignore them (because i have it set to super-sensitive) or low flying fast aircraft that come out of nowhere and you can't hear them until they are right up on you.

2021-3-12
Use props
DJI Neon Orange
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2429462 ft
United States

It would have been a close call if you had gone further up the mountain and then up 60 meters. Good call on hearing the helicopter and then descending so you could avoid possible conflict.
2021-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules